It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is destroying young men.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Fix the pay gap!

Equality for women!

Male privilege!

Toxic Masculinity!

Girl power!

National Women’s day!

We need more female engineers and scientists!

Women this!

Girl that!

Female those!

It’s great. No, it truly is. I think it’s awesome that there is a lot of positive encouragement for girls.

But do you know what all these have in common? They are completely neglecting, and in some cases, degrading the male gender. It’s like we’ve become a nuisance to society. Like we are not worth helping anymore. When in reality, we need help more than anyone. Here are a few stats:

Men are 3.5 times more likely to commit suicide.

Male to female transition is 3 times more common than female to male.

Men make up 90% of prisons.

Men make up 98% of war deaths.

Men make up 85% of homeless shelters.

Women are 8% more likely to graduate high school.

Our very gender is labeled “toxic.” Our aggressive and physical nature is frowned upon. Our masculinity is being feminized. The male gender is literally being destroyed.

When the truth of the matter is, we need men. Without men the world would no longer operate. Manly men, yes manly, are a vital part to society. Who does most of the manual labor? Who fights most of the wars? Who grows most of the crops? Who leads most of the countries? Men do.

There is so little supporting men. Name me good male role models that are being praised by society. Name institutions selectively helping, supporting, and encouraging men. There aren’t any. Heck, we don’t even have Boy Scouts anymore!

Young men are lost. They don’t know what to do. They waste away their lives playing video games, doing drugs, partying. Society doesn’t want them. The problem is, society so desperately needs them.

Society needs disciplined men with strong characters, noble ideals, compassionate hearts, and genuine leadership.

Society needs to regain its respect for young men. It needs to help young men get back on their feet. Without authentic men, society will only become worse.

This is in no way trying to say that men are more important than women. Both are equally important, just that one seems to be more valued at this present moment.

+16 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think a crybaby thread on a web site will help any males feel more masculine.

I don't feel society affecting my masculinity in any way. In fact I feel more confident in my abilities than ever.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

I think there is way more “outrage media “ about things that are in no way mainstream opinion. Than there is Insane SJW stuff in the first place.

There are 350 million Americans. You can find some one saying anything you want..

So if your burden of proof is met by finding an example of someone saying something stupid..

You can make any point you want.

The right wing types have been fabricating threats to the fabric of American society out of random events that were never gonna be trends in the first place..

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
A sad pathetic anti-women thread. They're better off in the kitchen, right Op?

I sense a bitter virgin, who spends too much time in his basement alone.

+8 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you wanted to destroy a society from within, what would be one of your methods??

Feminize, incarcerate, and morally bankrupt the male population so that they cannot defend their nation.

What's the main ingredient that progressivism lacks? Logic and rational thought. Replace that with emotional manipulation and you have postmodern American liberalism.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
society is making everyone stupid these days, people have lost their ability to see the truth. I am not sure much whole truth is being told anymore, it is not socially acceptable, you need to choose a side nowadays to be accepted as one of the gang.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Who leads most of the countries? Men do.

Ah, then this effed up world is easily explained. Reflect on statement above....

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It's not "outrage." Education has spent so much time correcting the disparity that did exist in how it taught women that it went over board. Statistics now show it doesn't adequately address boys.

Like it or not, boys and girls are different in how their brains develop cognitively. That doesn't make one more or less capable than the other, but it does mean that effective educational environments and strategies for each will differ.

Gender and education research has begun to show a mismatch between boys’ and girls’ learning brains and how education is being delivered. Educators and education researchers have spent many years researching and working on correcting negative gender biases toward girls. Finding ways to have gender equity for girls in our schools has been an important focus. However, statistics indicate that approximated 70 percent of Ds and Fs and half of As are earned by boys, 66 percent of learning disability diagnoses are dispensed to boys, boys represent 90 percent of discipline referrals, 80 percent of high school dropouts are male, and males make up fewer than 40 percent of college students (Gurian, 2004). This information gives indication that it is important to give more attention to what the boys in schools need as well.

The education profession as a whole needs more male teachers. Approximately 76 percent of teachers in the United States are female. This means that roughly 76 percent of classrooms have classroom routines, instruction, assignments, projects, assessments, classroom management, and behavior expectations, that are created, planned, and implemented through the female learning brain lens. This is good news for female students but not necessarily good news for male students as their learning needs may not always be met. Recognizing the differences in brain development can help educators find solutions to some of the challenges we face in classrooms.

PS - Davidson is not a "right-wing outrage site." It is instead a serious academic site invested in helping parents best educate their gifted children, and as such, it archives the research on best education techniques and practices. All the articles in its database are supported by peer reviewed research which is referenced.

So, yeah, right now, the US education system is tough on its boys because its just not geared toward most males of any ethnicity.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

i dont have a problem with any of it and i do not feel neglected or degraded at all.

kind of wish people like you would stop bitching.
you sound like me asshole boss that likes to bitch about the 'fags' and the 'feminists' ruining everything.

edit on 18-5-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i dont have a problem with any of it and i do not feel neglected or degraded at all.

you sound like me asshole boss that likes to bitch about the 'fags' and the 'feminists' ruining everything.

Yeah, you're right. As a parent, I need to stop worrying about what will happen to my son in a few years. After all, if he ends up going off the deep end because the whole system is loaded against him, I'm sure it was the gun's fault, right?

For crying out loud, as a parent, you ought to get it ... oh, that's right. You have a daughter. The world is her oyster.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Not everyone buys it though. I'm a woman and I adore everything masculine that's different than my feminine. I don't know how lesbians don't get tired of themselves after the initial attraction is over.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You have a daughter. The world is her oyster.

The toxic masculinity thing is 100% ridiculous, as is the "feminism" of today. But I DEFINITELY would not say the world is a girl's oyster.

Not even close, not in any arena.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This is what happens when we let women vote.

SMH

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The only time I've noticed blatant inequality between men and women is during my child custody battle. On a less serious note, women get laid with a lot less effort than men. Other than that, I haven't personally witnessed anything that gives a man/woman an advantage based on their sex.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

You have a daughter. The world is her oyster.

The toxic masculinity thing is 100% ridiculous, as is the "feminism" of today. But I DEFINITELY would not say the world is a girl's oyster.

Not even close, not in any arena.

Statistically speaking, she has the much more likely route to success, and that was my point.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right. As a parent, I need to stop worrying about what will happen to my son in a few years. After all, if he ends up going off the deep end because the whole system is loaded against him, I'm sure it was the gun's fault, right?

For crying out loud, as a parent, you ought to get it ... oh, that's right. You have a daughter. The world is her oyster.

worry about him. dont worry about him. i dont really give a # you know. got my own things to worry about.

for the record though i never said you should stop worrying about him.
i gave my opinion based on how i feel. thats it.

so whats your problem?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Lol I sense a pansy ass, anti masculine metro sexual, pussy whipped dude who would have trouble getting laid in a whore house. Or a feminist birch who touts female power but I doubt would get in a ring with man of equal size and weight.

Jaden
edit on 18-5-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

This has been happening for a long time, i think you would enjoy reading

-The Renaissance of Manhood-, by HP Lovecraft.

And i might add, its a solid, short read.
edit on 18-5-2018 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
A sad pathetic anti-women thread. They're better off in the kitchen, right Op?

I sense a bitter virgin, who spends too much time in his basement alone.

It's not an anti-woman thread, he's right. And as a woman, I personally think you're being a pansy about the issues regarding women's rights trampling all over men's rights to get ahead. It's wrong, it's unfair, and you damn well better speak out with the rest of us, because this is how subjugation starts.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was going to offer my opinion but I need to get my mani/pedi now and get in touch with my feminine side. Can one of you stud muffins hold my murse?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join