It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society is destroying young men.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There's no need to get BITCHY with me, I was honestly trying to understand what you meant. Your "path to success" comment could have meant a lot of different things and I wanted to understand what you meant, instead of assuming. Is that type of interaction a problem for you?

And I did read your excerpt from the article. Why do you assume I didn't?

I agree, the education system is geared towards girls. But the way we educate has LOTS of problems that cause problems for boys AND girls, and society as whole. The ADD thing, frankly I think a good amount of the diagnoses are false. What I mean by that is that I think a good portion of them are kids who just aren't getting a balanced routine and life as a whole, and instead of digging into the parenting and lifestyle that said parents are providing for the child, docs say "ADHD" and everyone feels better because that way NO ONE has to take any responsibility. Boys get more of the diagnoses of ADHD because they are more physical and they mature more slowly than girls emotionally AND girls are better at stuffing it. We girls can take discomfort and unmet needs and stuff it way, way, down (and therefore not act out- not in school anyway- our acting out comes later in different ways), and therefore don't have the same behavior problems at school. So yeah, I agree with you that our education system is set up to be more easily dealt with by girls than for boys.

So, you were referring to success in school. Which is why I asked what you meant, because in the business world, whose path is easier? Does success in school automatically mean sucess in employment? Are there more women CEOs and CFOs and business owners, etc?

edit on 18-5-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohthewey778
Oh didn't you hear? It's the next trend. Shoes that aren't even designed to be worn, placed in a glass box made out of computer designed zebra flesh embedded with light flashing diamond dust designed by a designer with a mechanical rat on his head.

I bought her those already.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yes I've lived in Asia (not Japan)

I don't know how much more I could experience the culture than actually being part of that culture (SE Asia).

I don't know what you are getting at with your "validation" but just sit down and talk to a bunch of Asian women and you'll have what you seek and it will be exactly what I am saying

Modern freedom
www.dw.com...

www.theguardian.com...
Japanese women have become more independent and ambitious

www.msn.com...
Less than half of Korean women now believe that marriage is a must.

www.economist.com...
The joy of staying single
Women are retreating from marriage as they go into the workplace.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohthewey778

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: KansasGirl
No woman has just one purse (or pair of heels).

I'm married, KG, my wife has heels she hasn't even worn yet.

Oh didn't you hear? It's the next trend. Shoes that aren't even designed to be worn, placed in a glass box made out of computer designed zebra flesh embedded with light flashing diamond dust designed by a designer with a mechanical rat on his head.

I've got a mechanical rat in my pants!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The internet will always have weirdos and identity politics, but these professors actually teaching toxic masculinity classes need a giant, manly mushroom print across their cheek.

They're cute but not that cute..haha..

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Nahh.
edit on 18-5-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think a crybaby thread on a web site will help any males feel more masculine.

I don't feel society affecting my masculinity in any way. In fact I feel more confident in my abilities than ever.

Yea was just going to say... making a post about it isn't very 'MANLY'.

If OP wanted to make the world a manlier place then he should start off by teaching the virtues of masculinity to his offspring in hopes they will become good male figures in society, being manly isn't about working hard for 10 hours a day and coming home to a stay at home mom who cooks you dinner, a good man provides, guides, and shares family values WITH females. That's where this whole new wave feminism has come from, because women were sick and tired of being expected to be one thing and one thing only.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Thank you for your experiences. I haven't really looked at this phenomena outside of Japan and I should really expand my education.

Interesting times we live in. With the recent advances and the new ones on the horizon, maybe we will not need to worry about this issue for very much longer.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No woman has just one purse (or pair of heels).

I'm married, KG, my wife has heels she hasn't even worn yet.

Exactly!

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

i dont have a problem with any of it and i do not feel neglected or degraded at all.

kind of wish people like you would stop bitching.
you sound like me asshole boss that likes to bitch about the 'fags' and the 'feminists' ruining everything.

You have a daughter. The world is her oyster.

The toxic masculinity thing is 100% ridiculous, as is the "feminism" of today. But I DEFINITELY would not say the world is a girl's oyster.

Not even close, not in any arena.

Statistically speaking, she has the much more likely route to success, and that was my point.

The much more likely route to success.....what does that mean?? Not trying to be an asshole- I really am not sure what you mean there.

What Ket means is that we're given preferential treatment over men, especially in skilled work, when it isn't fair or warranted to do so. It's akin to Affirmative Action, but for gender -- we have a big leg up in the work world whether people admit it or not.

Edit: At least, that what I think Ket meant. If not, she can correct me.

Do YOU think that? Women have a leg up in the work world and are given preferential treatment??

Where? And in what work world?

You may be in a generation or two behind me, because I don't see this. I'm 40 and I've not yet experienced preferential treatment for my gender nor have I experienced having an advantage in the work world. I've always been awarded jobs and promotions based on my talent, skills, expertise, experience, and contributions. Or are you suggesting that my successes were bcause I'm a lady?

In fact, I HAVE run into men getting preferential treatment in the work world, more than once. Certainly not at all like it used to be, but it has happened in my world.

Women used to have the disadvantage regarding societal and career privledges (and other things) for sure- I doubt anyone is going to argue with that. And for what it's worth, other members of my fair sex: what good does it do for us to have a chip on our shoulders about what was done to women in the past? If it's not still happening? How long does it have to be improved/fixed before we let it go??

Women are treated much more equally now but I would not say the issue has been eradicated. Probably never will be completely eradicated, but that's because we are humans and its like that with all societal issues (racism, for example). There will always be a set of people who just can't see anything but their own way of thinking.

Back to my question- can you give some examples of where women are given preferential treatment and where they have a leg-up in the work world?

I would say the only things women are pretty much guaranteed is alimony and custody of a child.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I absolutely love this, what you said is probably my favorite post I've ever read.

This right here: "a good man provides, guides, and shares family values WITH females"

My dad started teaching me survival skills at 10. I still remember almost everything.
The thing that stuck with me the most is he said, never rely on a man because men will let you down, they leave,
they die, but if you rely on yourself you'll always be ok. Man, if those weren't some words of wisdom I don't know what is.

edit on 18-5-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I don't know how much it has to do with any kind of feminist agenda but ya a lot of men nowadays seem pretty weak. I think it's more spoiled entitlement personally. Many of them don't like to work or learn while at work and seem to think they deserve everything while doing nothing.

Hehe I still remember the day a year or two ago whilebon a granite install job. We walked into the house and a guy about my age in his pajamas in the middle of the day on a Tuesday let us in while his mom cooked him breakfast. He kinda meekly followed his mom around while she ordered him about while we did our work. Then the Lady had a problem with something about the job and started freaking out while the son sat there quietly going..mom...mom...please stop...mom...mom...over and over again...holy # I just burst out laughing at the whole situation it was great....I personally just look at dudes like that as less competition for jobs and such....though I guess it works both ways when you're trying to hire somebody and they're more interested in when the next breaktime is than trying to learn to read a #ing measuring tape and how to tell the difference between 1/8" and 1/16"
edit on 18/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
edit on 18-5-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: Piff..

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Just to let you know - I completely agree with you.

In the process of EMPOWERING women to be free to be themselves, to be able to make choices, to live without a man's ruling or oppression, to grab any opportunity it has created a type of woman that no longer has any self respect, they are vulgar, are turning into fem-i-nat-zies and are hard and mean.

Women should get equal pay, as should men for the same work being asked of them. But if someone (whatever sex) is doing dangerous/more skilled/management type roles then of course that person should get more.

Women, and men, can be empowered in their own sex without having to resort to the lowest denominator.

Personally, I love having a man open a door for me (and I love opening doors for them) - it's just human kindness, but the flavour of the old respect for each sex comes through.

The saddest thing is the young men who are growing up without a father figure, without any male role in their lives, with doubts about what he can and cannot do, and the feeling that they are all lumped under one umbrella of bad and have to pay for the sins of the few.

I say to just be yourself as men. Any woman that is rude or calls you out for doing what makes you you is simply insecure and full of anger. Kids are being brainwashed these days. And women, do what makes you you, but stop feeding into the noise about how you have to be something you are not: you are not a man. And stop putting the male sex down.

It's a broken world out there and no one knows what to do anymore.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleLady

Doors tho? For a woman you've never met??

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohthewey778

I'm a woman and I hold the doors for everyone. When someone opens a door for me I love it because no one opens the doors for others anymore. And when a man open the door for me I feel that extra bit of kindness and confidence that he has inside himself because most are afraid, or don't care to, open a door for a woman (let alone anyone) these days. It shows me that they think for themselves and that is the most attractive thing about a person, that inner confidence. And I'm not talking attractive in the sense of a female/male thing, but it's attractive to anyone when you are in the presence of confidence period.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohthewey778

You edited your post. Here's the picture you requested....

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My point would be that pretty much everyone Agrees with you on that..

Sure the right wing propaganda factory can go find an example of some random school board person saying something stupid, but does the majority of school board in the country agree with whatever crazy left policy we are inventing?!?

Hell no...

It was all just on crazy persons, theory..

The big corporations donate billions to create policy. There is no “make all me men women society “ donating billions of dollars to dictate policy.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleLady

You probably should move from out of ny.

I don't know about the whole "nobody" etc.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ok thanks. Proof you do indeed have that where you said you did and that it's...uh..detachable??

Lol sorry I was trying not to derail

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join