It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens killed in Gaza as US Embassy opens in Jerusalem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Zod tried that, didn't go over too well for him either.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I'm always skeptical about these reports...it's impossible to trust the numbers that come from either side in instances like this.

But word to the wise: Don't assault Soldiers if you don't want to get into a fight with people better-armed than you.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Terrible news. Today's protest was only a warm up for tomorrows marking the displacement of 100,000+ Palestinians.

Hopefully the snipers wont shoot so many kids tomorrow. Don't see how they can possibly claim to be innocent of war crimes here.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I'm always skeptical about these reports...it's impossible to trust the numbers that come from either side in instances like this.

But word to the wise: Don't assault Soldiers if you don't want to get into a fight with people better-armed than you.

I think the provocation of People is caused by the 'better armed' Soldiers. It's almost like reverse psychology in action. The man holding the red sheet before the bull, enticing and provoking it to attack.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I know, really? Just thinking you could walk back into "land" that wasn't historically yours in the first place and "protest" yourself into a "state". Seems kind of naive to me. I mea, if you're willing to die for "your land" at least give the original people an honorable battle. Or just be happy buying a "fishing license" from them and saving the trouble of being a "burden of many nations". Or just be a bunch of "protesters" afraid to buck your handlers and get shot in the back of the head. Israel dropped leaflets asking for a "civil" outcome. Not sure what else Israel could do. Israel can't give the land back (that they won fare and square in war) to a people hell bent on their destruction... That defies even the most liberals "commonsense gun laws". ... That's not even an educated or a logical salution. Best advise to the nomadic people is stop attacking Israel's borders. There are lots of you, a dime a dozen. Or just be happy and by the fishing license and live in relative peace. Your government, their government doesn't matter, you'll still have to buy a license. But this ain't about a fishing license. This is about Isaac and Ishmael.... Son of Ishmael, you're wrong! But be humble about it. Even the great temple had a court for us gentiles. But you won't. Again, you're a dime a dozen. You can't buck the God of your father Abraham. But you will try...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Don't take an angry face and a rock into battle, and you won't become a victim of a "war crime". Or an emotional "news" report. Simple logic. "Palestinians" need to give "peace a chance". But they won't. Because a thousand years of doctrine and hate for their half brother won't let them. They're doing what they were born to do. But they have a choice. But they refused to take it.
edit on 14-5-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Terrible news. Today's protest was only a warm up for tomorrows marking the displacement of 100,000+ Palestinians.

Hopefully the snipers wont shoot so many kids tomorrow. Don't see how they can possibly claim to be innocent of war crimes here.

Israel has shown great restraint here with only a few dozen killed. They could have mowed them down like stalks of grass.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
I think the provocation of People is caused by the 'better armed' Soldiers. It's almost like reverse psychology in action. The man holding the red sheet before the bull, enticing and provoking it to attack.

I disagree, because it's comments similar to this that basically jettison personal responsibility from the equation. It is the bull's choice to attack the person in front of them, even if driven more by instinct that humans generally are. Humans, in general, have much more ability to control their reactions than the average animal--I blame the individual, no matter who incited the violence. But if the first assault was against the soldiers, and being in such a volatile place to begin with, you must ask yourself one thing: What did these people expect the military to do on such an unpredictable day and important anniversary?

I'm not saying that the military response was the correct one, but I am asking why those on the receiving end of the military weapons may have thought that this was not going to be the outcome. Poking bigger bears with more firepower is not generally advised.

But again, I don't feel that we can trust reporting to be completely honest from either side, so I suppose that we must run with our own biases on how we want to see this situation.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

the military weapons may have thought that this was not going to be the outcome.

Plastic Bullets could have been used.

You know, instead of Live Rounds.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It s a pity the Israelites have not learned from their years of enslavement and torture implemented upon them. How to treat others with respect. They shall reap the seeds that they have planted.

Many years more of war and hell on earth, beget dharma and kharma will avail. Institutionlised religions create nothing but hatred, division and war. Israel is damned along with their stock puppet Western servants.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Throwing rocks at armed men rarely works out in favor of the rocks. Lots of Darwin Awards being handed out today.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I understand what you're saying but I disagree.

People in certain parts of the world, this one in general don't consider the outcomes. Hell, they don't even consider the well being of Women and Children in certain Islamic parts of the globe. I can't speak for them, I'm not there. But what I have witnessed is that there is little self control over the emotions of people who consider some less than dogs in comparison to Men. This mess has been going on for aeons and isn't about to suddenly stop because, 'Morals'.

If people are taught to think backwards, they'll react in kind. And when that happens, it's a one way street, their way. There's no balance in instances such as these. And where no balance exists, Chaos ensues. These people have been warring for forever, they're not going to suddenly toss it all to the curb and say, lets be friendly and civil with each other because 'Humanity'!

Not gonna happen. Not anytime soon anyways.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Trying to intervene on a 2000 year old family affair between these two Nations, will only provoke both sides to the rage they're already harboring.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Protests could have happened.

You know, instead of violent rioting and violent attempts at breaching an international border.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

the dude in the hat looks just like me.....in your avatar.....dang.....I used to hang in Bothel.....Woodenville
edit on 14-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

And makes them say things like "Death to America."

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The Gaza has a higher murder rate than Chicago...maybe.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Who can know the mind of the insane?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The Gaza has a higher murder rate than Chicago...maybe.

That's a pretty big 'maybe'. lol

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

In the Beginning there was No Man's Land................then...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join