It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens killed in Gaza as US Embassy opens in Jerusalem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israeli soldiers shot and killed at least 52 Palestinians during mass protests along the Gaza border on Monday. It was the deadliest day there since a devastating 2014 cross-border war and cast a shadow over Israel's festive inauguration of the new U.S.

Embassy in contested Jerusalem. In a show of anger fueled by the embassy move, protesters set tires on fire, sending plumes of black smoke into the air, and hurled firebombs and stones toward Israeli troops across the border.

Later on Monday, Israeli forces fired from tanks, sending protesters fleeing to take cover. The military said its troops came under fire in some areas, and said protesters tried to break through the border fence. It said troops shot and killed three Palestinians trying to plant a bomb.

www.startribune.com...

Most of us foresaw this coming, and it's turning into a blood bath between Palestine and Israel. The Historics of this Day being that
on May 14, 1948 Tel Aviv, David Ben-Gurion proclaimed Israel the first Jewish state in 2,000 years.

So If you're waiting for some kind of biblical event to take place this is as close as it gets.

www.johnsoncitypress.com...

Israel government Gaza’s health ministry says 52 killed in protest about U.S. embassy in Jerusalem

edit on 14-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I'm gonna need some accurate stats here, I'm reading 1,200 unarmed protesters were shot, 52 dead, 5 minors.
Maybe since the border is under constant surveillance someone will find some footage of these firebombs being hurled and "rocks" omg.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

Footage and more info would be nice, looking for vids now.

+33 more 
posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Palestinians need to grow up and join the rest of the world.
They are the ones that are the aggressors and suppress woman and brainwash their children

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Meh! History tells us, nothing good has ever happened in a nation without bloodshed. Sad fact, but true! It is good that the U.S. of A. Put our embassy in the "Capital" of Israel. I have no problem with it. The "protesters" should've picked something more healthy to "protest" about. Let that be a lesson. God bless Israel and the U.S.A.!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Don't they just call that Monday in gaza?

+17 more 
posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Israel dropped leaflets at dawn warning not to challenge the border. Hamas with Iranian funding drove the crowds into the border hoping for a breach so their gunmen and suicide bombers could storm through with the mobs. Didn't happen, Israel defended their border.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingMonkeyInSpace

They probably should've "armed" themselves.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
They are the ones that are the aggressors and suppress woman and brainwash their children

Most probably didn't have a choice, Hamas would kill them from behind if they didn't join the mob and attack the border.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Fare and "civil" warning was given/gave. Can't help it, if the uncivilized can not read.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Side note to this whole Historic event that I find interesting -

The Rabbi, the note and the messiah

This is a reprint of a cover story that first appeared in the April 2007 issue of Israel Today Magazine A few months before he died, one of the nation’s most prominent rabbis, Yitzhak Kaduri, supposedly wrote the name of the Messiah on a small note which he requested would remain sealed until now. When the note was unsealed, it revealed what many have known for centuries: Yehoshua, or Yeshua (Jesus), is the Messiah.

Wait for it......

When he comes, the Messiah will rescue Jerusalem from foreign religions that want to rule the city,” Kaduri once said. “They will not succeed for they will fight against one another.”

Prophecy in action!?

No I'm not saying Trump is the messiah.
edit on 14-5-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

Fare and "civil" warning was given/gave. Can't help it, if the uncivilized can not read.

Or hear warnings blaring over speaker towers right at them.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Amnesty International summarizes:

This is another horrific example of the Israeli military using excessive force and live ammunition in a totally deplorable way. This is a violation of international standards, in some instances committing what appear to be wilful killings constituting war crimes.

amnesty org

edit on 14 5 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Are you kidding me? They're being illegally occupied, and Israel just keeps building more and more illegal settlements.
edit on 14-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

This is another horrific example of the Israeli military using excessive force and live ammunition in a totally deplorable way. This is a violation of international standards, in some instances committing what appear to be wilful killings constituting war crimes.

[url=https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2018/05/israelopt-use-of-excessive-force-in-gaza-an-abhorrent-violation-of-international-law/]amnesty.org[ /url]

blah blah blah, jihadi sympathizer organization says Israel bad, omg lol.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

So what happens to the civilized that can't spell then?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Somehow I would think it was much bloodier 1500 years ago. War is inevitable in this case, and provokers are on both sides, it's in their blood, it is what it is and no demon in hell can stop these two nations from warring.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: murphy22

So what happens to the civilized that can't spell then?

Loudspeakers.

+1 more 
posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

[url=https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2018/05/israelopt-use-of-excessive-force-in-gaza-an-abhorrent-violation-of-international-law/]amnesty.org[ /url]

blah blah blah, jihadi sympathizer organization says Israel bad, omg lol.

While there are definitely some jihadi types there, the whole nation of Palestine is not jihadis. Many are normal people who just want a family and to provide for them.... Like every country on earth.

Citizens rarely represent what their government projects.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So attack "forward" absent a "choice"? A gun held to the back of your head? Or a bullet between your eyes going foward? I'd seriously reconsider what's worth my life and what I living for. Or what my god will judge me for.
Hamas doesn't care about "their" people. They only care about their hate towards jews (cousins) and the existing state of Israel. If Libs want to "disarm" people. They need to start with Islamic sympathizers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join