It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intel shows clapper leaked dossier details to cnn, comey briefing to trump was setup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Before congress, James Clapper denied that the NSA was spying on American citizens and our allies until Edward Snowden exposed them.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Grambler

I guess the opposite of that would be an unelected intel community giving someone they know is a criminal a pass.

Is that what you’re supporting? Or should they investigate the Trump admin if certain people are known to be dirty? Should everyone just pledge allegiance to Trump first and foremost?

Hahahaha!

Yeah if I am against the intel community acting to slander and remove an elected president, then clearly I must be for the intel community covering up for an elected official.

well clearly that is not the case.

Ironically it turns out that the same people cheering for intel community to leak and lie to congress and to smear a president are the same ones that cheered for them looking the other way in investogations into hillary.

Oh and anything to say on the OP?

You ok with clapper lying to congress and with him setting up thr briefing with trump to leak it to cnn to smear him?

I assume you are very angry about this, so I figure this will give you a chance to voice that.

Not a lot to be angry over. Lmao.

I just find it funny you obviously want to let unelected intel people give someone a pass on criminality because they’re the president. Or are you now saying that Trump should be investigated if the intelligence community knew something?

Just trying to get your views straight.

And here we have it folks!

I hope that everyone can see this.

No questions about the op, no denying that the sitting director of national intelligence and the sitting head of the fbi worked to set up trump to leak a classified briefing and details of the dossier to cnn to smear trump.

Just a claim that if I am somehow against this, then I must be for wanting the intel community to ignore crimes by trump.

This is the type of people that are anti trumpers.

They will totally cheer ignore or make excuses for the higher ups at the intel community trying to sabotage trump, because they dont like trump.

To respond to your accusation underwerks;

I would like the intel community and investigators to do their jobs no matter who is preisdent. That means if they are worried crimes are committed, they investigate them, not leak to cnn, then setup a breifing, then leak the detaikls of that briefing to cnn to smear trump, and then get a job at cnn and lie about it to congress.

I know that that must seem strange to you; what do you mean there are people that want the intel community to act legally and impartially no matter who is president?

But yes, there are those of us that dont want to weaponized the intel community to help our people and sabotage the others.

Such a radical opinion to an anti trumper!
edit on 27-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Before congress, James Clapper denied that the NSA was spying on American citizens and our allies until Edward Snowden exposed them.

You are supposed to have a short attention span and even shorter memory.

How dare you bring up that LIE.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I guess the elite never thought the surveillance laws would backfire on them. Turns out they were always a bad idea and allow the Intel community too much power.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Wow, I gotta say that I'm shocked but not surprised. There's corruption at seemingly every level of government. Trump is corrupt too but he's there for a reason.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Great response. And thanks for showing us a prime example of how illogical the Anti-Trumpers are.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So clapper tells cnn about the dossier and wants cnn to run the story on the dossier, he tells comey to brief trump on it, comey tells trump that cnn has the story but is just looking for a reason to run it, details of comeys breifing are leaked to cnn (no doubt by clapper), cnn then runs the story that clapper wanted all along using the fact the trump was briefed on it to give them legitimacy in running it.

This is proof that people at the highest level of the intel community were actively trying to bring down trump.

1. Where do you get that Clapper "wants CNN to run a story on the dossier?" Wouldn't it make more sense that what was referred to is him being questioned about the dossier? This is January of 2017 mind you.

2. Where are you coming up with Clapper told Comey to do anything, let alone brief Trump?

3. The whole "CNN was looking for a 'news hook'" thing was Comey's opinion that he gave to Trump on Jan 6 and then memorialized in a memo. Think that through.

The theory here is that Comey was part of a conspiracy to brief Obama and Trump so that Clapper could leak the details of the briefing to CNN et al so that... BuzzFeed would have a reason to publish the dossier? (the actual quote from the memo is, "I said media like CNN had them and were looking for a news hook")

- Why would he say anything like that to Trump if he was part of a conspiracy to then leak the details of the briefing?

- Where does BuzzFeed fit into this? If the conspiracy was to give CNN an excuse to publish the dossier, why was it BuzzFeed who published it 4 days later with no reporting by CNN of the dossier in the interim?

- Why would Comey memorialize that "news hook" statement? To give Trump defenders something to point to and scream "it was all a setup!" ?

- Ironically, it was Jake Tapper, reporting the day BuzzFeed published the dossier, that the Michael Cohen allegation was believed to be invalid and that it actually referred to another Michael Cohen. Literally the only reporting CNN did about the details of the dossier was undermining the dossier. In fact, the allegation about Cohen in Prague is the only part of the dossier that Trump supporters have been able to point to as debunked.

It doesn't add up unless you ignore all the far more plausible scenarios and really are looking for some reason to tie Clapper to Comey to CNN to BuzzFeed with the dossier and say, "Ah ha! I knew it! It was all a setup!"

More plausible:

Reporters from multiple outlets already had the dossier and some had been briefed by Steele directly in September or October. They were trying to figure out what if anything the government was doing with it, if it had been verified, etc.

So like reporters do for everything, they're calling everyone and trying to get information.

Just as Comey says, the dossier is out there and instead of letting Trump get blindsided (a whole different conspiracy!), he briefs him on the more salacious details of the dossier which refer directly to Trump.

Reporters are still calling everyone and trying to get information and it gets leaked that part of the briefing covered part of the dossier.

By these standards of "proof" your adopting here, Trump should be removed from office and imprisoned along with half his campaign staff. After all, the facts are that many of them were having conversations with Russian officials, quite a few of them lied about and the Russians interfered in the election to benefit Trump.

Hell, we've got emails where Don Jr agrees to meet with what he's told is a Kremlin operative, to receive dirt from the Russian government about Clinton as part of the Russian government's efforts to help his father's campaign. That's in black and white, plain as a day.

And he met with the woman. How do we know what they really discussed? After all, he with daddy's oversight, flatly lied to the American people about what the meeting was about. Right?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Did you ever think that the reason is because those at the top levels of intelligence already knew how much of a criminal and grifter Trump was and is? I do.

And did you just stop thinking right there? Because if they "knew," then they "know" and have the proof... where is it?

The public has a right to know too, so they either need to put up or shut up. And if they do in fact "know," but won't put up and won't shut up, then they're just twisting and manipulating the facts and the truth for their own benefit and agendas.

Or they don't know squat, but are still twisting and manipulating the facts and the law and the investigation process for their own agenda... and therefore their own benefit. As the OP explained so well with the very facts and truths that the intel agents were playing fast and loose with.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I guess the opposite of that would be an unelected intel community giving someone they know is a criminal a pass.

Is that what you’re supporting? Or should they investigate the Trump admin if certain people are known to be dirty? Should everyone just pledge allegiance to Trump first and foremost?

Hahahaha!

Yeah if I am against the intel community acting to slander and remove an elected president, then clearly I must be for the intel community covering up for an elected official.

Ironically it turns out that the same people cheering for intel community to leak and lie to congress and to smear a president are the same ones that cheered for them looking the other way in investogations into hillary.

You ok with clapper lying to congress and with him setting up thr briefing with trump to leak it to cnn to smear him?

I assume you are very angry about this, so I figure this will give you a chance to voice that.

I just find it funny you obviously want to let unelected intel people give someone a pass on criminality because they’re the president. Or are you now saying that Trump should be investigated if the intelligence community knew something?

No questions about the op, no denying that the sitting director of national intelligence and the sitting head of the fbi worked to set up trump to leak a classified briefing and details of the dossier to cnn to smear trump.

Just a claim that if I am somehow against this, then I must be for wanting the intel community to ignore crimes by trump.

They will totally cheer ignore or make excuses for the higher ups at the intel community trying to sabotage trump, because they dont like trump.

I would like the intel community and investigators to do their jobs no matter who is preisdent. That means if they are worried crimes are committed, they investigate them, not leak to cnn, then setup a breifing, then leak the detaikls of that briefing to cnn to smear trump, and then get a job at cnn and lie about it to congress.

I know that that must seem strange to you; what do you mean there are people that want the intel community to act legally and impartially no matter who is president?

But yes, there are those of us that dont want to weaponized the intel community to help our people and sabotage the others.

Again, Lmao.

I get you think you’re involved in some grand fight against the forces of evil with Trump as a savior but get real. Government is corrupt, all of it. Has been, will be. Including the people you are cheerleading for. That’s how it all operates.

I just can’t force myself to act surprised by any level of corruption coming from the government. From either side. Of course you’ll label that as whatever you want to just to try to get a win for your team, but I’d hope most people see through that. Maybe not.

You said “I would like the intel community and investigators to do their jobs no matter who is president.” Yet still want them to give the president total control of the investigation into himself..

Anyways, it’s really interesting having someone who isn’t me tell me who I am. How could you ever be wrong?

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Did you ever think that the reason is because those at the top levels of intelligence already knew how much of a criminal and grifter Trump was and is? I do.

And did you just stop thinking right there? Because if they "knew," then they "know" and have the proof... where is it?

The public has a right to know too, so they either need to put up or shut up. And if they do in fact "know," but won't put up and won't shut up, then they're just twisting and manipulating the facts and the truth for their own benefit and agendas.

Or they don't know squat, but are still twisting and manipulating the facts and the law and the investigation process for their own agenda... and therefore their own benefit. As the OP explained so well with the very facts and truths that the intel agents were playing fast and loose with.

I keep having to point this out but they had proof scooter libby leaked the agents name. Yet the case took 2 years.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So clapper tells cnn about the dossier and wants cnn to run the story on the dossier, he tells comey to brief trump on it, comey tells trump that cnn has the story but is just looking for a reason to run it, details of comeys breifing are leaked to cnn (no doubt by clapper), cnn then runs the story that clapper wanted all along using the fact the trump was briefed on it to give them legitimacy in running it.

This is proof that people at the highest level of the intel community were actively trying to bring down trump.

1. Where do you get that Clapper "wants CNN to run a story on the dossier?" Wouldn't it make more sense that what was referred to is him being questioned about the dossier? This is January of 2017 mind you.

We know clapper leaked details of the dossier to cnn. We know he lied to congress about that. We also know that he told comey that cnn was looking for a hook to run with the story (that he leaked to them) and so comey should brief trump. We know that then after the briefing, someone leaked the details of that breifing to cnn.

Why would clapper leak to cnn, tell comey that that cnn was just waiting for a hook to run the story, and then magically a high intel offical with knowledge of the briefing just happened to give cnn that very hook? It is clear clapper wanted this to happen, as this thread laid out in detail.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. Where are you coming up with Clapper told Comey to do anything, let alone brief Trump?

Comeys book, comeys interview last night, ect. Comey admitted clapper was the one who told him about cnn sitting on the story and to brief trump.

3. The whole "CNN was looking for a 'news hook'" thing was Comey's opinion that he gave to Trump on Jan 6 and then memorialized in a memo. Think that through.

The theory here is that Comey was part of a conspiracy to brief Obama and Trump so that Clapper could leak the details of the briefing to CNN et al so that... BuzzFeed would have a reason to publish the dossier? (the actual quote from the memo is, "I said media like CNN had them and were looking for a news hook")

- Why would he say anything like that to Trump if he was part of a conspiracy to then leak the details of the briefing?

Because cnn (and buzzfeed for that matter) needed a way to legitimize the story before they would run it. Just saying their is oppo research that trump has hookers pee on a bed isnt a great story. But saying that this story is so worrisome that Trump and Obama had been briefied on it is a more legitimate one. SO comey who wanted the story out along with clapper briefed trump, not on important things such as people in trumps team may be russian spies, but just about the pee allegatiopns.

and viola, days later buzzfeed and CNN have the angle they need to run the story.

- Where does BuzzFeed fit into this? If the conspiracy was to give CNN an excuse to publish the dossier, why was it BuzzFeed who published it 4 days later with no reporting by CNN of the dossier in the interim?

Because it may have took time for details of the briefing to be leaked. Clapper admits he told Other people not just cnn about the dossier. Someone, as both cnn and buzzfeed reported, leaked the breifing to them.

SO yes, both cnn and buzzfeed, who had details of the dossier, along with other outlets, waited to run with iot until it was leaked to them that Trump had been brieded on it.

- Why would Comey memorialize that "news hook" statement? To give Trump defenders something to point to and scream "it was all a setup!" ?

I dont get the question? Why would comey write a book? To make money I guess.

Comey admitted what he told trump. I assume he knows that if he lied about what he told trump, trump could call him on that.

Why would comey make that up if its not true?

- Ironically, it was Jake Tapper, reporting the day BuzzFeed published the dossier, that the Michael Cohen allegation was believed to be invalid and that it actually referred to another Michael Cohen. Literally the only reporting CNN did about the details of the dossier was undermining the dossier. In fact, the allegation about Cohen in Prague is the only part of the dossier that Trump supporters have been able to point to as debunked.

Has nothing to do at all with the OP.

Cnn and tapper knew that clapper leaked the details of the dossier to him, yet allowed him to come on their network and say he never leaked details of the dossier to anyone when they knew that was a lie, and then gave him a job.

It doesn't add up unless you ignore all the far more plausible scenarios and really are looking for some reason to tie Clapper to Comey to CNN to BuzzFeed with the dossier and say, "Ah ha! I knew it! It was all a setup!"

No it makes perfect sense.

More plausible:

Reporters from multiple outlets already had the dossier and some had been briefed by Steele directly in September or October. They were trying to figure out what if anything the government was doing with it, if it had been verified, etc.

Yes you are conveniently ignoring that clapper now admits after he lied about it to congress that he told CNN and others details of the dossier.

So like reporters do for everything, they're calling everyone and trying to get information.

Just as Comey says, the dossier is out there and instead of letting Trump get blindsided (a whole different conspiracy!), he briefs him on the more salacious details of the dossier which refer directly to Trump.

No offense, but you apparently didnt even know that comey has fully admitted that Clapper told him to brief trump about the pee allegations because he said CNN was sitting on the story and looking for a hook to run it.

Clapper who told CNN about the dossier, tells comey to brief trump on the dossier because cnn is looking for a hook to run it, and then someone high in the intel community (clapper) leaks the details of that vriefing to cnn, who then use it as the hook to run the story they have been looking for. I have no idea how you can ignore this.

I will continue below.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

By these standards of "proof" your adopting here, Trump should be removed from office and imprisoned along with half his campaign staff. After all, the facts are that many of them were having conversations with Russian officials, quite a few of them lied about and the Russians interfered in the election to benefit Trump.

Hell, we've got emails where Don Jr agrees to meet with what he's told is a Kremlin operative, to receive dirt from the Russian government about Clinton as part of the Russian government's efforts to help his father's campaign. That's in black and white, plain as a day.

And he met with the woman. How do we know what they really discussed? After all, he with daddy's oversight, flatly lied to the American people about what the meeting was about. Right?

Well I know this is a good story, because you are really stretching here.

What does any of this have to do with the OP at all?

I am not inferring things or making guesses, what are you talking about.

Here are facts we know.

1. We know form comeys own book and several interviews that he admits that it was clapper that told him to breif trump on the pee allegations in the dossier, because clapper told him CNN was setting on the story and was looking for a hook to publish it.

2. We know that Clapper knew this because he now admits (after lying about it to congress) that he told Jake tapper and others details of the dossier.

3. We know that someone high up in the intel community with knowledge of the briefing told CNN and otehrs that trump was briefed on these allegations.

Now here is the first guess work we have; that it was most likely clapper who told cnn this. After all, he was the one that told cnn about the dossier, so clearly he had faux concern when he told comey brief trump on it because he was worried cnn would run the story but just needed a hook.

4. We know that clapper lied to congress about telling anyone about the dossier, only to later have to admit it.

5. We know that CNN gave Clapper a platform to say he never told anyone about the dossier, when they knew full well he told them.

6. We know that clapper was then given a job at cnn.

7. We know from the interview of Comey last night that he admits he was unconcerned at who leaked the details of his briefing with trump on this.

Now agian, I posted this theory last week on 4/20 (blazing!), which clearly told of how comey admitted clapper told him to breif trump because cnn had the story and they were looking for a hook to run with it.

Clearly you read that because you responded to that thread.

I posted a thread on the interview of comey last night where comey admits the DNI told him to have the briefing.

11:40 right here.

Yet somehow you say (on your #2 point) you were unaware that clapper told comey to brief trump.

I think that this may show that you are not fully informed when discussing this.

So now that you know all of the relevant facts, surely you can admit that it look s like not only did clapper leak the dossier stopry to cnn to hurt trump, but he then asked comey to breif trump on it saying cnn needed a hook, then someone (most likely him) leaked that to cnn and gave them the excat hook they needed, then claper lied aabout it on cnn and to congress.

It was a setup by clapper and most likely comey.

Why else would clapper leak that to cnn? why else would clapper who knew that cnn was setting on the story because he gave it to them, recomend that comey breif trump on it to wanr him cnn would run it if they had a hook, and then use that very breifing as the hook?

It was a setup.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

And what are the pro-Trumpers doing? Grasping at anything as "proof" of a plot against Trump? Come on. Here's the "proof" again:

1. In testimony we don't have, Clapper apparently admitted to talking to Jake Tapper and possibly other journalists in the early part of January about the dossier.

2. James Comey told Trump at a briefing that the media "like CNN" had the dossier and was looking for a "news hook."

3. Somebody leaked to Jake Tapper that Trump and Obama had been briefed about the dossier while being briefed about Russian interference.

4. Hours after the CNN story, BuzzFeed publishes the dossier.

That's the gist of it right? From that, a whole "Trump was set up!" narrative is spun:

CNN coerced Clapper into coercing Comey into briefing Trump so that Clapper could leak to CNN that the dossier came up in the briefing so that BuzzFeed could publish the dossier and as a reward for giving BuzzFeed a reason to publish the dossier, CNN hired Clapper as one of their many ex-government/ex-politician analysts.

Again:

- The whole idea that anyone was looking for a reason to publish the dossier is Comey's opinion which he conveniently told Trump and then memorialized, despite being part of this grand convoluted conspiracy to get the dossier published — because he's a moron who hates himself.

- There's zero evidence that Clapper influenced Comey's briefing *at all*.

- CNN didn't actually report any details of the dossier so none of this makes any sense unless BuzzFeed and CNN were in cahoots to get BuzzFeed website traffic. I take that back, CNN reported on a single allegation from the dossier, saying it was believed to be false and given pro-Trumpers their single best claim that parts of the dossier had been debunked.

- What about publishing the dossier was supposed to lead to Trump's downfall? Pee pee tape memes? Lmao.

What part do "pro-Trumpers" not get? If the "deep state" and the "highest levels of the intelligence community" wanted to do Trump in. If that was their goal and they were committed enough to orchestrate grand conspiracies — it wouldn't be some dumb # like "bro let's get this dossier published, that'll do it!" — they would straight up fabricate intelligence, statements from Trump, interviews, whatever.

It always amazes me the cognitive dissonance people have when it comes to "them" and "they" — the puppeteers, whatever — on the one hand they're supposedly pulling off false flags involving scores of people and nobody ever leaks about it, they're poisoning Russian turncoats in the UK to frame Russia, etc etc but when it comes to Trump, they're trying to take him down with: a FISA warrant for Carter Page that turned up nothing actionable and a conspiracy to get a dossier published that everyone admits is unverified.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Hahahaha!

Again, Lmao.

I get you think you’re involved in some grand fight against the forces of evil with Trump as a savior but get real. Government is corrupt, all of it. Has been, will be. Including the people you are cheerleading for. That’s how it all operates.

I just can’t force myself to act surprised by any level of corruption coming from the government. From either side. Of course you’ll label that as whatever you want to just to try to get a win for your team, but I’d hope most people see through that. Maybe not.

You said “I would like the intel community and investigators to do their jobs no matter who is president.” Yet still want them to give the president total control of the investigation into himself..

Anyways, it’s really interesting having someone who isn’t me tell me who I am. How could you ever be wrong?

Why do you present ideas of granduer onto me?

I dont think I am some great warrior fighting evil.

I think I am a normal guy that is concerned with corruption in our government (and has been for years) who is blessed enough to have enpough time to look in to things.

I am seeing clear examples of this corruption, and pointing out why I think that is wrong.

You say corruption doesnt surprise you, so you are not worried about the story.

yet on and on you go about trump russian collusion or crimes.

Why are you worried about that if corruption doesnt bother you?

I do want all crimes investigated. I never oncve said I want trump to control all investigations into himself.

But that doesnt6 mean I will overlook corruption of the people investogating him and many other crimes.

You are willing to allow and cheer for that corruption because you hate trump. That is terrible.

Lastly, yopu are the one who started telling me that if I was against corruption of the intel community against trump, then I must be for corruption of the intel community for trump, which is absurd.

You have no comment on the OP because you dont care about this corrutpion cause you hate trump.

I thank you for being a great example of how trump haters will cheer for corruption that suits them.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I love watching you two debate.
Much respect for both of you.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I will answer your whole post, but I just wanted to point this out.

I have shwon you over and over that Comey admitted that clapper was the one who told him to breif trump because cnn had the story!

You ignore this over and over.

Ante, you are a smart guy.

I have to tell you though, your partyisan bias and just repeating "We have no proof clapper told comey to do this" over and over wont change the fact that comey admits clapper told him to do this.

11:40 in the clip of the interview above.

and here on the articel i listed in the previous thread, in comeysown words.

First, Comey claims that briefing the president-elect was the brainchild of Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

“I said there was something that Clapper wanted me to speak to the [president-elect] about alone or in a very small group,” Comey wrote. More on that in a bit.

“I then executed the session exactly as I had planned,” Comey noted before going into details of what he claimed he told the president-elect. He wrote that he told him about the now-infamous prostitute pee-pee videotape claims contained in the dossier. Then he wrote:

“I said I wasn’t saying this was true, only that I wanted him to know both that it had been reported and that the reports were in many hands. I said media like CNN had them and were looking for a news hook. I said it was important that we not give them the excuses to write that the FBI has the material or [REDACTED] and that we were keeping it very close-hold. He said he couldn’t believe they hadn’t gone with it. I said it was inflammatory stuff that they would get killed for reporting straight up from the source reports.

thefederalist.com...

So first yopu said that there was no evidence that clapper told comey to brief trump.

That was a lie. Now you are trying to fine tune it to say clapper didnt influnce what comey said.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Actually as I'm sure you are well aware Grambler has always said if you can prove he did something illegal nail him. He expects the intelligence agencies who enforce the laws to also follow them, he's odd like that.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

And what are the pro-Trumpers doing? Grasping at anything as "proof" of a plot against Trump? Come on. Here's the "proof" again:

1. In testimony we don't have, Clapper apparently admitted to talking to Jake Tapper and possibly other journalists in the early part of January about the dossier.

We have even the dems on the intel committee saying clapper admitted to talking to tapper about the dossier. From the artticle in the OP

“Evaluated in context, Clapper denied leaking classified information, while acknowledging that, as DNI, he engaged in legitimate discussion of unclassified, non-intelligence information with Tapper,” they concluded.

We know welknow, if only this was an anonymous source saying that clapper talked to tapper, you would be all over it. But the house committee saying what clapper etstified to, with even the dems admitting he dosvcussed things with tapper must be overlooked.

2. James Comey told Trump at a briefing that the media "like CNN" had the dossier and was looking for a "news hook."

Yes exactly. Clapper talked to tapper abouyt the dossier, then told comey cnn knew about the dossier, and needed a hook to run it. Comey told trump this, and then someone high in the intel commubnity leaked that to cnn, who used the very fact comey told that to cnn as the reaosn to run the story. Comey admits last night that he had no interest in trying to find who leaked the details of that briefing.

3. Somebody leaked to Jake Tapper that Trump and Obama had been briefed about the dossier while being briefed about Russian interference.

yep someone high in the intel community.

I will admit this is your strongest argument because its the only thing we dont have admitted proof that itv was clapper. However, it was most likely clapper, and even if it wasnt, it still shows that clapper was intentionally trying to setup trump with the briefing to get the media to report the salacious details.

Clapper talked to tapper (and the lied about it to congress and cnn), then told comey to brief trump because cnn had info on the dossier and they were going to run it if they got a hook.

Now clapper knew that cnn had this info because he gave it to them. So for him to pretend he was concerned for trump that cnn may run this story and make him look bad is a clear lie. If he was concerned, he would have never talked about the dossier with trump in the first place!

This shows that 1, he still wanted to give cnn the hook they needed even if he wasnt the one who leaked the breifing to cnn, and 2, he most likely was either the one who leaked or knew who leaked to cnn the details of this briefing.

4. Hours after the CNN story, BuzzFeed publishes the dossier.

Yeah I am not sure why you act like buzzfeed somehow discredits this story. yeop buzzfeed ran it, And? Apparnetly not only had clapper admitted to talking to others about the dossier, but many news outlets had been sitting on it. They didnt run it because it was slacious and unverified, and didnt want to just publish tabloid pee stories. Once Trump was briefed on it though, they had the hook they needed.

That's the gist of it right? From that, a whole "Trump was set up!" narrative is spun:

It shows that in this situation of the briefing, yes trump was setup by clapper and most likely comey.

CNN coerced Clapper into coercing Comey into briefing Trump so that Clapper could leak to CNN that the dossier came up in the briefing so that BuzzFeed could publish the dossier and as a reward for giving BuzzFeed a reason to publish the dossier, CNN hired Clapper as one of their many ex-government/ex-politician analysts.

No CNN didnt have to coerce clapper. Clapper willfully told cnn about the dossier. He wanted trump to be smeared, and willfully told comey that cnn had the story and was looking for a hook.

Buzzfeed publsihing was irrelevant; Clapper wanted cnn to run the story, and cnn wanted to run the story. The bvriefing did just that. Buzzfeed then used the cnn story to legitimize their story. But the damage was already done, cnn story was the initial shot that would make the allegations become household knowledge.

- The whole idea that anyone was looking for a reason to publish the dossier is Comey's opinion which he conveniently told Trump and then memorialized, despite being part of this grand convoluted conspiracy to get the dossier published — because he's a moron who hates himself.

Man you are reaching to downplay this. I get it, you really hate trump and want to excuse people like clapper intentionaly trying to smear him.

Comey told trump about this because that is what clapper told him! Why do you think comey would make that up. Please give me one reason?

Comey decides "I am writing this book, I am going to through in this detail about being told cnn had the story and was waiting for a hook for no reason. Mwahahahahaha!!!"

already dealt with in previous post.

- CNN didn't actually report any details of the dossier so none of this makes any sense unless BuzzFeed and CNN were in cahoots to get BuzzFeed website traffic. I take that back, CNN reported on a single allegation from the dossier, saying it was believed to be false and given pro-Trumpers their single best claim that parts of the dossier had been debunked.

CNN rpeorted ithere was a salacious dossier that trump was briefed on. This was enough to hurt trump, and made the details of the story coming out inevitable.

- What about publishing the dossier was supposed to lead to Trump's downfall? Pee pee tape memes? Lmao.

Dear god if CNN doesnt think it was a big deal, why do they still talk about it? Why does comey?

What part do "pro-Trumpers" not get? If the "deep state" and the "highest levels of the intelligence community" wanted to do Trump in. If that was their goal and they were committed enough to orchestrate grand conspiracies — it wouldn't be some dumb # like "bro let's get this dossier published, that'll do it!" — they would straight up fabricate intelligence, statements from Trump, interviews, whatever.

It always amazes me the cognitive dissonance people have when it comes to "them" and "they" — the puppeteers, whatever — on the one hand they're supposedly pulling off false flags involving scores of people and nobody ever leaks about it, they're poisoning Russian turncoats in the UK to frame Russia, etc etc but when it comes to Trump, they're trying to take him down with: a FISA warrant for Carter Page that turned up nothing actionable and a conspiracy to get a dossier published that everyone admits is unverified.

And here we have it.

So trumps team are super secret spies that could do all of these grand things but still get caught doing little things that you make thread after thread about.

The russians are the most sophisticated spies in the world that are shrewd and ruthless, but when the hacked the dnc they accidentally left their signature.

But even when we have proof of people like clapper smearing trump, it must be false because he would have smeared trump so much better if he wanted to.

edit on 27-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I will admit this is your strongest argument because its the only thing we dont have admitted proof that it was clapper. 

There is only one reason to illegally leak to the press. So that it gets printed and reported on. Bottom line.

There are a handful of people in the government who knew about the briefing(s). It's hardly a stretch to think the guy that leaked it (wanted it reported on), was also the guy that gave them the hook they needed to print it.

So the answer to "why would Clapper set up the brief or leak it to the press", is the same answer as to the first leak. He wanted it in the news cycle.

edit on 27-4-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

We know clapper leaked details of the dossier to cnn. We know he lied to congress about that. We also know that he told comey that cnn was looking for a hook to run with the story (that he leaked to them) and so comey should brief trump. We know that then after the briefing, someone leaked the details of that breifing to cnn.

Leaked what details of the dossier? CNN already had the dossier just like everyone else in the media did. We don't actually know if he lied to Congress about that, we have a characterization from the same group of partisans who gave us the dodgy Nunes memo AFAIK.

I found the video of the interview with Comey on Fox where he said that Clapper suggested he brief Trump about the dossier but nowhere does he mention that Clapper told him to do it because CNN or anyone else was looking for a "news hook." That interview was the first I'd heard of it, I've checked multiple right-wing outlets and that interview seems to be the only place where he says that Clapper suggested he brief Trump.

We do know that after the briefing, somebody leaked to CNN that it had occurred.

Because cnn (and buzzfeed for that matter) needed a way to legitimize the story before they would run it. Just saying their is oppo research that trump has hookers pee on a bed isnt a great story. But saying that this story is so worrisome that Trump and Obama had been briefied on it is a more legitimate one. SO comey who wanted the story out along with clapper briefed trump, not on important things such as people in trumps team may be russian spies, but just about the pee allegatiopns.

and viola, days later buzzfeed and CNN have the angle they need to run the story.

This seems to all be based on Comey's opinion as expressed to Trump. Why didn't CNN immediately run a story about the dossier? Why didn't CNN do any reporting on the details of the dossier if that was their goal? Why did Jake Tapper specifically undermine the dossier right out of the gate?

Because it may have took time for details of the briefing to be leaked. Clapper admits he told Other people not just cnn about the dossier. Someone, as both cnn and buzzfeed reported, leaked the breifing to them.

SO yes, both cnn and buzzfeed, who had details of the dossier, along with other outlets, waited to run with iot until it was leaked to them that Trump had been brieded on it.

Well it certainly doesn't seem like Comey was a willing participant unless he's an idiot, given that he's the single source of the "news hook" bit and also that he said Clapper suggested he brief Trump when he could have just lied (I mean, you're accusing him of doing all sorts of unethical things, why wouldn't he just lie and say nobody suggested it?).

You're framing it as though it's a given that Clapper revealed anything about the dossier that wasn't known by the media. AFAIK, all he said was the he had discussed the dossier. He apparently also testified that he didn't "leak" anything, implying he didn't tell them anything about the dossier that they didn't already know.

I dont get the question? Why would comey write a book? To make money I guess.

Comey admitted what he told trump. I assume he knows that if he lied about what he told trump, trump could call him on that.

Why would comey make that up if its not true?

No. He memorialized it in the memo at the time. He didn't admit to what he told told, he wrote it down in the memo. Here's the excerpt from the memo:

I said I wasn’t saying this was true, only that I wanted him to know both that it had been reported and that the reports were in many hands. I said media like CNN had them and were looking for a news hook. I said it was important that we not give them the excuse to write that the FBI has the material or REDACTED and that we were keeping it – I very close-hold. He said he couldn’t believe they hadn’t gone with it. I said it was inflammatory stuff that they would get killed for reporting straight up from the source reports.

Why would he memorialize that if he was part of a conspiracy to give them that "news hook?" As for Comey admitting anything because of a fear of Trump calling him out. Only a Trump supporter would even entertain that thought for a moment lol. Trump says everyone is lying as he constantly lies about everything. I doubt that's ever factored into anyone's thinking.

Has nothing to do at all with the OP. Cnn and tapper knew that clapper leaked the details of the dossier to him, yet allowed him to come on their network and say he never leaked details of the dossier to anyone when they knew that was a lie, and then gave him a job.

Clapper admits to have talked to journalists and even though you know they had the dossier, you keep saying that he "leaked the details of the dossier" — what details did he leak?

No it makes perfect sense.

I suppose when you start with the view that everything is a plot to take down Trump and anyone who isn't with Trump is against him.

Yes you are conveniently ignoring that clapper now admits after he lied about it to congress that he told CNN and others details of the dossier.

From what I read, what was alleged was that he gave "inconsistent answers" in the same testimony and that in a follow up question, when asked directly, he admitted to having discussed the dossier with Tapper and possibly other journalists at the same time. That's not the same thing as "telling details" or "leaking details" — I'm not even sure what details you imagine that he leaked to the media about the dossier. And as I pointed out earlier, he apparently also said in the same testimony that he didn't tell the media anything they didn't know.

No offense, but you apparently didnt even know that comey has fully admitted that Clapper told him to brief trump about the pee allegations because he said CNN was sitting on the story and looking for a hook to run it.

Yeah, I hadn't had a chance to catch the Comey interview with Brett Baier but I have now and he doesn't say that in the interview. It's at about 11:30 in the video:

You keep saying some iteration of this: "Clapper told him to brief trump about the pee allegations because he said CNN was sitting on the story and looking for a hook to run it." I've now tracked down the video. He does not say that. Also of note, he refutes the CNN reporting about him handing a 2 page executive summary to Trump.

Clapper who told CNN about the dossier, tells comey to brief trump on the dossier because cnn is looking for a hook to run it,

You did it again!

and then someone high in the intel community (clapper) leaks the details of that vriefing to cnn

It could have been Clapper that leaked it to CNN but it could have been anyone who Trump may have talked to about it or anyone who anyone he talked to about it talked to about it. It's been a very leaky administration.

who then use it as the hook to run the story they have been looking for. I have no idea how you can ignore this.

What story would that be? You're ignoring how CNN bent over BACKWARDS to not report a single detail from the dossier except for Jake Tapper almost immediately saying that one claim (the one about Cohen) was believed to be false. That's the the thing — there was no story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join