It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intel shows clapper leaked dossier details to cnn, comey briefing to trump was setup

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: Grambler

I will admit this is your strongest argument because its the only thing we dont have admitted proof that it was clapper. 

There is only one reason to illegally leak to the press. So that it gets printed and reported on. Bottom line.

There are a handful of people in the government who knew about the briefing(s). It's hardly a stretch to think the guy that leaked it (wanted it reported on), was also the guy that gave them the hook they needed to print it.

Of course I agree with you.

But I am trying to give the counter argument the credit its strongest possible position.

The only thing we dont have either the house intel saying clapper admitted or comey himself admitting is that clapper is the one that leaked the details of the briefing back to cnn.

Everything else, clapper discussing this with cnn, clapper telling comey that cnn had the story and needed a hook and recommending a briefing with trump, clapper lying about not talking to cnn, cnn using that briefing as the hook clapper and comey said they needed to run the story, cnn giving clapper a platform to lie about not discussing the dossier with anyone, cnn hiring clapper.

All of that is either showed in the intel committee document, admitted by comey, or publcily available knowledge.

I like that the standard for proof is demanded to by hi for some though.

If only they had that same threshold for trump russian collusion.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The house Intel comittee is compromised. Shciff and nunes should be fired.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Leaked what details of the dossier? CNN already had the dossier just like everyone else in the media did. We don't actually know if he lied to Congress about that, we have a characterization from the same group of partisans who gave us the dodgy Nunes memo AFAIK.

I found the video of the interview with Comey on Fox where he said that Clapper suggested he brief Trump about the dossier but nowhere does he mention that Clapper told him to do it because CNN or anyone else was looking for a "news hook." That interview was the first I'd heard of it, I've checked multiple right-wing outlets and that interview seems to be the only place where he says that Clapper suggested he brief Trump.

We do know that after the briefing, somebody leaked to CNN that it had occurred.

First off glad of you to finally admit comey said clapper told him to brief trump. I mean, you have been commenting on this story for a week and had no idea of that, so good job!

I would like to mention that when youn poo pooed trump supporters being upset at the bias of comey, strzok page, mccabe, and the litany of hillary supporters and donors on mullers team, I said that if you found an investigator biased, you would be screaming about it.

And you never fail.

"NUNES!!!!!!!!" 30 peiople bias against trump and for hilary, you tell people to suck it up. But nunes biased for trump, its not fair, its horrible we must reject anything he says!!!

hahahaha!

I love the double standard.

I will say this, there was never direct claims by comey clapper told him about the news hook that i see. He did say clapper recomeneded the breifing, and he did say the reason he wanted to do the breifing was because cnn had the story and they wanted a news hook, and we know that clapper was talking to cnn aboutr the dossier, and even aside from that we know that if comey knew about the news hook thing, clapper who recomened the breifing most certainly did as well.

But yeah, I guess you are right that Comey didnt say the words clapper mentioned the news hooik. Just that clapper told him to do the breifing, and the reason for the breifing was the news hook.

This seems to all be based on Comey's opinion as expressed to Trump. Why didn't CNN immediately run a story about the dossier? Why didn't CNN do any reporting on the details of the dossier if that was their goal? Why did Jake Tapper specifically undermine the dossier right out of the gate?

Why didnt fox run stories about Obama and larry sinclair? Because even outlets that hate the president dont run pee pee stories without confirmation or an important reason why.

They didnt need to report the dossier because the allegations were enough to first get shady stories about trump out even without details, and two to make sure the exact details eventually came out.

Tapper undermined not the pee part of the dossier, and only called out an obvious part. Your implication here seems to be that if a networl ever says anything not 100% againt a president, then we must believe they are not against them. This is dumb, I can point to even people like o'reilly saying some good things about obama, so therefore we must believe everything he said about Obama, right? Of course not

Well it certainly doesn't seem like Comey was a willing participant unless he's an idiot, given that he's the single source of the "news hook" bit and also that he said Clapper suggested he brief Trump when he could have just lied (I mean, you're accusing him of doing all sorts of unethical things, why wouldn't he just lie and say nobody suggested it?).

You're framing it as though it's a given that Clapper revealed anything about the dossier that wasn't known by the media. AFAIK, all he said was the he had discussed the dossier. He apparently also testified that he didn't "leak" anything, implying he didn't tell them anything about the dossier that they didn't already know.

On the first point; perhaps comey wasnt a participant. But he most likely was; why else would he admit last night he had no interest in finding out who leaked the details of his briefing?

He admits he was concerned that a salacious unverified story about trump may get out, so he warned trump about it. And the when comeys very warning becomes the reason that story gets out, he jsut says "Ah forget about it< I dont care." That makes no sense. He should have been furious and looked for the leaker, but he didnt.

He mentioned the hook things because it didnt matter. He probably never assumed people would put too and too together, or he was arrogant. Why would comey lie last night on national tv and say republicans paid for the dossier, and that he still didnt know who paid for it? Why would he admit that he knew nothing about steele, after admitting he used the dossier for a fisa warrant?

Hubris, stupidity? I dont know.

As far as clapper, we know he talked to tapper about it, it is irrelevant if tapper already knew of it. Because he lied to congress and to don lemon and said he never told anyone about it, and just the discussion of it to tapper proves he knew that they had the story and were waiting for a hook, which is the whole point of the thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Your willingness to over look hypocrisy is absurd.

When shciff and nunes proved they couldn't handle working together they should have both been fired.

I guess the fact that trump picked rod, wray, sessions etc doesn't mean anything.

One bias does not cancel another. At least Grassley and Feinstein can act like adults.

Personally I was taught my choices are my responsibility.
edit on 27-4-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Clapper admits to have talked to journalists and even though you know they had the dossier, you keep saying that he "leaked the details of the dossier" — what details did he leak?

The details are not important to the OP, the fact that he discussed it and lied about it is.

By vitrue of the DNI talking about this dossier at all, he gives anyone media person he talks to about it credibility to the document.

In other words imagine cnn is sitting on a document alleging that Obama had sex with a man named larry sinclair. Tapper then talks to DNI clapper about it and clappers like "Oh you heard that. Yeah we know of it and are looking in to it" That is huge. Clapper didnt have to say new details, the discussion itself is what is important.

I suppose when you start with the view that everything is a plot to take down Trump and anyone who isn't with Trump is against him.

Is that what I am doing? Well I guess I can play that strawman too.

I guess when you are willing to trust the intel community implicitly about everything, even when they show no proof, then sure there is no need to ever question anything they do.

Funny how you admit the intel community is most likely lying about the assad gas attack, but you will step right up to bat and believe everything they say aboput trump with no proof offered.

From what I read, what was alleged was that he gave "inconsistent answers" in the same testimony and that in a follow up question, when asked directly, he admitted to having discussed the dossier with Tapper and possibly other journalists at the same time. That's not the same thing as "telling details" or "leaking details" — I'm not even sure what details you imagine that he leaked to the media about the dossier. And as I pointed out earlier, he apparently also said in the same testimony that he didn't tell the media anything they didn't know.

Ah yes, when dems or the intel community lie, its merely an innocent mix up. When flynn or popodoplous lie, call the special prosecutor; raid trumps lawyer!

Yeah, I hadn't had a chance to catch the Comey interview with Brett Baier but I have now and he doesn't say that in the interview. It's at about 11:30 in the video:

Well what about the thread I wrote on 4/20 (blazin!) that I linked on this thread, that you commented on extensively, that quotes right from comeys memo saying clapper told him to brief trump?

You keep saying some iteration of this: "Clapper told him to brief trump about the pee allegations because he said CNN was sitting on the story and looking for a hook to run it." I've now tracked down the video. He does not say that. Also of note, he refutes the CNN reporting about him handing a 2 page executive summary to Trump.

I answered this on the last post.

as far as the cnn report, yeah I dont see the relevance.

You did it again!

Maybe if I had an anonymous source saying it you would believe it, like all of the threads you do.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

When shciff and nunes proved they couldn't handle working together they should have both been fired.

I guess the fact that trump picked rod, wray, sessions etc doesn't mean anything.

One bias does not cancel another. At least Grassley and Feinstein can act like adults.

What are ypou on about?

I have criticized congress, trump, and many others over and over again.

What hypocrisy am I overlooking?

The fact that if I dont call for the total removal of about every congressman, I am a hypocrite?

Please.

Your deflections and speaking in absolutes is worthless.

"Uh we cant talk about Clapper trying to setup and smear trump, because nunes and schiff are bad you hypocrites"

That some real deep insight there!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If they are willing to expose themselves by all this lying, imagine the horrible things they are trying to hide by doing it.

I bet on high treason.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

If sessions and his henchmen don't bring Justice to the criminals, the entire country is screwed.

Justice is broken...except against old black men that give women Mickey's.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If sessions and his henchmen don't bring Justice to the criminals, the entire country is screwed.

Justice is broken...except against old black men that give women Mickey's.

Justice has been broken for us pee on for decades. Bill Clinton did a number on the people. As well as congress at the time.

Trump picked these people. Rod, Lil jeffie, wray, manafort, etc...

I guess he got Hillary's Teflon suit when he was elected. It's not his fault he picked all these scumbags of coarse.

I sure wish I could make mistakes I didn't have to own up to.

Scratch that no I don't.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

What are ypou on about?

I have criticized congress, trump, and many others over and over again.

What hypocrisy am I overlooking?

The fact that if I dont call for the total removal of about every congressman, I am a hypocrite?

Please.

Your deflections and speaking in absolutes is worthless.

"Uh we cant talk about Clapper trying to setup and smear trump, because nunes and schiff are bad you hypocrites"

That some real deep insight there!

You love nunes. Of coarse it's awesome he is biased and immoral it helps ballance things out ....

The problem I have is you rush to your confirmation bias.
.there isn't a moment you say we'll wait nunes has proven himself a scumbag maybe I should think about this report and scrutinize if it's misleading.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It is almost like the academics who spend a large portion of their life memorizing 'information'. When confronted with another paradigm, they are literately unable to adapt and reject this new information, even if it is correct.

It seems like the more a person memorized statics and facts on a particular subject, the less open minded they become, unable to see the bigger picture supported by the right hemisphere.

This is their entertainment and by the grace of zeus, the flow of spice will not be infringed upon.

Hmmm, I probably just need to stay off of these threads completely because I am losing hope the more and more people buy into this.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

When people devour facts from proven liars and subversive shills it's hard to take their moral lectures seriously.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Man I wish I could operate with Reckless abandon without regard for any laws. Laws for the not for me.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

If only thread was about the player and not the ball.....

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Balls like guns require a player

So talking about one without the other is disengenuous.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Cool you would rather discuss me than the thread!

You are so woke man, I am impressed!

I mean calling me out for not denouncing Schiff and nunes while you praise Pelosi and Grassley!

That’s some high level stuff man!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Did you ever think that the reason is because those at the top levels of intelligence already knew how much of a criminal and grifter Trump was and is? I do.

No, the reason is because they are traitors to the Nation that they took an oath to protect. Assholes, the lot of them, and 25 to life isn’t enough justice to recoup the irreversible damage they've done to this country.

True and guys like Devin Nunes keep voting to give them more power.

It's like the twilightzone.

Yep, not a big fan of the Congress Critters either. BIG fan of term limits and no more than 8 years for a Senator and 6 years for a House member. You can either get it done or you can’t. If you can’t, someone else might be able.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I mean calling me out for not denouncing Schiff and nunes while you praise Pelosi and Grassley!

I was referring to nunes who has a behavioural pattern. Not you. I did point out your hipocrisy of idea. Now I didn't say you were smelly.

Also I said Feinstein and Grassley who act like adults, work together, disagree, occasionally get heated, but come back together to do their freakin job together.

I don't particularly like Dianne. Bit she is no Nancy.

Get t strait.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Did you ever think that the reason is because those at the top levels of intelligence already knew how much of a criminal and grifter Trump was and is? I do.

No, the reason is because they are traitors to the Nation that they took an oath to protect. Assholes, the lot of them, and 25 to life isn’t enough justice to recoup the irreversible damage they've done to this country.

True and guys like Devin Nunes keep voting to give them more power.

It's like the twilightzone.

Yep, not a big fan of the Congress Critters either. BIG fan of term limits and no more than 8 years for a Senator and 6 years for a House member. You can either get it done or you can’t. If you can’t, someone else might be able.

Exactly. Especially if you think every day is your personal tmz.

Dude and dudettes your job is to pass laws not waive your arms around on TV and then vote to crush the people.

Then when they pass the laws that's what I judge not the arm waiving.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I was referring to nunes who has a behavioural pattern. Not you. I did point out your hipocrisy of idea. Now I didn't say you were smelly.

Also I said Feinstein and Grassley who act like adults, work together, disagree, occasionally get heated, but come back together to do their freakin job together.

I don't particularly like Dianne. Bit she is no Nancy.

Get t strait.

Well if you are not talking about me I apologize

I am not being a hypocrite, I have taken Dems reports and listened to them, I have defended stories from dem msm outlets, I have called out nunes before, etc

You don’t like him, sweet.

More people than nunes were you n this committee

Heck even the dems admitted clapper said he talked to tapper

So I am not sure why your hatred of nunes makes you disregard that he whole thread

This is no better than someone saying they won’t believe anything mueller says cause he sucks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join