It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House intel shows clapper leaked dossier details to cnn, comey briefing to trump was setup

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Buried within a newly declassified congressional report on Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. elections is a shocking revelation: former Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper not only leaked information about the infamous Steele dossier and high-level government briefings about it to CNN, he also may have lied to Congress about the matter.

In one of the findings within the 253-page report, the House intelligence committee wrote that Clapper leaked details of a dossier briefing given to then-President-elect Donald Trump to CNN’s Jake Tapper, lied to Congress about the leak, and was rewarded with a CNN contract a few months later.

“Clapper flatly denied ‘discussing[ing] the dossier [compiled by Steele] or any other intelligence related to Russia hacking of the 2016 election with journalists,'” the committee found.

The former DNI later changed his story after he was confronted specifically about his communications with Jake Tapper of CNN.

“Clapper subsequently acknowledged discussing the ‘dossier with CNN journalist Jake Tapper,’ and admitted that he might have spoken with other journalists about the same topic,” the report continued. “Clapper’s discussion with Tapper took place in early January 2017, around the time IC leaders briefed President Obama and President-elect Trump, on ‘the Christopher Steele information,’ a two-page summary of which was ‘enclosed in’ the highly-classified version of the ICA,” or intelligence community assessment.

The revelation that Clapper was responsible for leaking details of both the dossier and briefings to two presidents on the matter is significant, because former Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) director James Comey wrote in one of four memos that he leaked that the briefing of Trump on salacious and unverified allegations from the dossier was necessary because “CNN had them and were looking for a news hook.”

The congressional report on Russian interference noted that it was this very briefing of Trump that multiple media organizations used as an excuse to publish the unverified dossier.

“The Committee assesses that leaks to CNN about the dossier were especially significant, since CNN’s report ‘ that a two-page synopsis of the report was given to President Obama and Trump’ was the proximate cause of BuzzFeed News’ decision to publish the dossier for the first time just a few hours later,” the report stated. “Until that point, the dossier had been ‘circulating among elected official, intelligence agents, and journalists,’ but remained unpublished. As the accompanying article explained, ‘[n]ow BuzzFeed News is publishing the full document so that Americans can make up their own minds about allegations about the president-elect that have circulated at the highest levels of government.”

thefederalist.com...

Uh ooh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out clapper again lied to congress!

turns out that it seems that the entire briefing of trump by comey on the dossier was a setup to get the info out to outlets like CNN.

Start with this thread (that for some reason the anti trumpers seemed to ignore)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So clapper tells cnn about the dossier and wants cnn to run the story on the dossier, he tells comey to brief trump on it, comey tells trump that cnn has the story but is just looking for a reason to run it, details of comeys breifing are leaked to cnn (no doubt by clapper), cnn then runs the story that clapper wanted all along using the fact the trump was briefed on it to give them legitimacy in running it.

This is proof that people at the highest level of the intel community were actively trying to bring down trump.

I am sure there will be silence again from the same people that ignored this story last week, even though we now have PROOF that clapper lied to congress, and did leak details of the dossier to Jake tapper.

And to read it yourself, here is the house intel document, the relevant part is on page 107 (117 of the pdf)

docs.house.gov...
edit on 27-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am beginning to think that all of these individuals were so high on their power that they just totally let their guard down. If they are this dumb about this situation, how dumb are they about multitudes of others?

Very frightening.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm sure at the time it felt like "job security". Guess we'll see how that works out...

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2018 by tjack because: 2nd

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Muh Russia though?

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Clapper, Brennan, Lynch, Hillary, Obama have been very quiet this week. hmmmm.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here is another link on this story.

www.zerohedge.com...

Notice how clapper again denied this on a cnn interview with don lemon.

SO cnn not only did not disclsoe that clapper was their source, but then gave him a platform to spread what they knew were lies without questioning him.

And notice how at the bottom of this source it shows Jake tapper commenting on Clapprers claims baout the dossier, all the while ignoring that Tapper knew that it was clapper who leaked details of the dossier to him.

So the CNN and the higest levels of the of the intel community lying to take down the president.

where are all of the anti trumpers screaming for a special investigator into the itnel community now? When will clappers lawyer be raided?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The more information is revealed regarding the inherently illegitimate nature of the upper echelons of government in the US during the previous regime (I stand by the term), the more you realise that they were so far up their own arses that they were essentially saying this: This guy thinks he can win? Hold my f+++ing beer!

Shame on them.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This revelation makes Brett Baier’s interview all the better since he asked Comey directly if clapper had leaked the dossier...

-Chris

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Clapper Makes Dick Cheney Look like an Altar Boy.

Let that sink in, left leaning people here.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Clapper and the whole Obama Group:

If it wasn't for those Meddling Trump Voters........I would have pulled this off!

Curse you Hillary.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Clapper Makes Dick Cheney Look like an Altar Boy.

Let that sink in, left leaning people here.

This is who the left is now cheering for.

Remember cnn and other outlets saying that questioning the intel community was hurting our country?

All the while they knew the head of the itnel community was feeding them info to hurt trump, and then using their network to lie about feeding that info.

Let that sink in.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

this is why weasel comey made a point to testify that the dni told him to meet alone with trump
RICO them all

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am very confused again ...if this is true

A. The doj case has now been leaked

Or

B. It a partisan hack job.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Or

This document is from the house intel committees investigation into russian collusion that was released (not leaked) today.

They found no evidence of russian collusion.

Here is a thread antedilluvian has done on it.

The document is also linked on the OP here.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am absolutely surprised that this thread is so quiet. I would think that many other regulars on this site would have already been here telling people that this does not matter, and someone with more authority needs to make the determination. I read somewhere that a person claimed the committee is not qualified to make this decision. Can't remember where I read that, but it seems hilarious!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Judging by the prosecutions and jailing over the last 2 years and longer, could all of this possibly be theater?

If that is the case, we should be worshiping these politicians as the greatest actors ever. The Clintons will go down as the greatest talent ever tapped for this show.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benderisfunny
I am absolutely surprised that this thread is so quiet. I would think that many other regulars on this site would have already been here telling people that this does not matter, and someone with more authority needs to make the determination. I read somewhere that a person claimed the committee is not qualified to make this decision. Can't remember where I read that, but it seems hilarious!

This happens routinely.

They ignore it and hope it goes away. (All you need to do is look at the thread I had on the OP that outlined this theory a week ago. Only really one member skeptical of trump commenting on it, and not really addressing the OP at all.)

then tomorrow or next week on some other thread when this is brought up, they will say it was debunked or is whataboutism, and quickly move on.

But trust them, they arent just partisans that hate trump, they are REALLY concerned about corruption!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: luthier

Or

This document is from the house intel committees investigation into russian collusion that was released (not leaked) today.

They found no evidence of russian collusion.

Here is a thread antedilluvian has done on it.

The document is also linked on the OP here.

Lol. The report just gave up part of the doj investigation into the massive corruption in the Obama Intel Era.

Which of coarse gives the defence even more time to prepare.
edit on 27-4-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join