It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West, Candace Owens, & Monolithic Black Thought

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Where then other blacks don't accept other blacks because they are educated? You're of African descent and that's how you generalize your own?

Being a conservative makes a black person educated? Kanye west of all people?

By jumping on his ball sack simply because he aligns with conservatives and not his actions speaks the same ignorance akin to being uneducated.

This is telling of the partisanship rift destroying America from the inside. Conservatism has been highjacked by many with I'll intentions toward minorities, trying to ignore this is foolish.

Yeah, name calling is warranted

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I do find it an interesting question Candace has raised.

Why do so many in the black community embrace the victim mentality?

Do they even realize they're embracing it? Do they have such low self belief they really don't believe hard work will result in a better life? I know black lawyers, doctors, businessmen and software engineers who all worked hard and live a good life.

Why is there a denial about that? It even seems that hard work is frowned upon.

It is really peculiar and something I haven't been able to figure out. I 'm black and a 1%er. I've been around extremely successful black folks of every profession - doctors, businessmen, bankers, attorneys, etc. All of them had to work extremely hard to get where they are in life. Yet, they embrace this kind of victimization narrative when if they look at their own lives, it is clear how they got to their positions and it doesn't involve being a victim. It really makes no sense.

There is a very dangerous programming though that occurs in the black community in regards to racism. I think it stems from the fact that people of the Jim Crow / Civil rights era are still alive. My mother is a prime example. She pretty much raised me conservatively (values, education, etc), but is a staunch Democrat MSNBC zombie.

You ask her why and all she can say is because conservatives are racists. She can't give any concrete examples or anything, but she just has in her mind Republicans are racists and that is the end of it as far as she is concerned. You literally have black kids who are like 10 & 11 talking about racism, etc.

Part of it is that racism has been so ingrained in our psyche that the black community cannot escape it. I liken it to like an invisible dog fence. You shock the dog long enough, you eventually don't even have to turn on the fence and they won't cross the barrier. Racism is that fence. They simply cannot believe it is not holding them back.

However, what is ironic is that pre-civil rights era, blacks were making huge strides economically and socially. There was a certain grit and do for self attitude that was present that seems to have been stripped away. The black community was very entrepreneurial, starting businesses, schools, etc. Then when the push for integration came around, all that seemed to kind of go away to the determent of the community imho.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I can't wait until the leftists turn on his wife, and then the ex-Olympian get involved and instagram looses more money - that will be epic awkwardness, borderline high-strangeness!!!

It will be a movie, but in real life.

That's it - WE ARE The Kardashians - one big fat #in drama playing out in RL.

LOL

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Props to this woman for her honesty and courage. I'm amazed at the number of people who want to stay on the democrat plantation but I suppose claiming victimhood is easier than forging your own path forward. I get it, it's lazy but I get it. Media, the movies and education all push the same narrative instead of empowerment. Being the first one of your peers to break the mold is never easy but as more and more do it acceptability will come.
edit on 23-4-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I am wondering how much the Great Society/War on Poverty had to do with it? It has been shown that the disintegration of the family started with the welfare state. Replace father with government -- the rules pretty much made that a given. And the community starts to fall apart.

My own aunt knows very well that it is really, really hard to climb up when you're working 40 and raising two kids on your own. I don't think she would have done it without the help of my grandparents who were very involved in my cousins' lives and gave her just enough edge to hang on and get her degree and pull up.
edit on 23-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This is the reason Kanye' West is garnering attention - look at it like this....

Starts twitter account in 2010.
Followers: 24M

Makes first post 2014.

Makes subsequent 129 posts in the past 10 days striking right at the heart of the ego and the political arena.

THIS IS HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN WE ARE WITNESSING FOLKS - HE WANTS IT.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Do they even realize they're embracing it? Do they have such low self belief they really don't believe hard work will result in a better life? I know black lawyers, doctors, businessmen and software engineers who all worked hard and live a good life.

It's comments like these that show lack of understanding of where blacks are in American society.

I guess if they don't want to become engineers or astronauts it's their faults.

Not the system designed to make them felons for minor infractions, higher loan rates on mortgages, war on drugs, passed up for promotions or racism in schools, and racism in the fabric of American society which hasn't been more overt since the late 60s. I guess none of these affect a person, mentally emotionally and physically...

Why don't blacks just go and become engineers and be rich...

Because the civil Rights have made certain things illegal, doesn't mean they Don't still exist.

Stop marginalising every black person is a good start. What makes you think hard work is frowned upon.. ffs. Where do people come up with these lingering racist propaganda views.

edit on 23-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Edumakated

I am wondering how much the Great Society/War on Poverty had to do with it? It has been shown that the disintegration of the family started with the welfare state. Replace father with government -- the rules pretty much made that a given. And the community starts to fall apart.

The welfare state was part 1, part 2 was the war on drugs making sure young men weren't around to be fathers or employed due to criminal records.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hillary v. Trump ...

Gives way to ...

Kid Rock v. Yeezy

Dear lord what have we done?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
i would vote for kanye

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What if it happens: Trump - West 2020 lol

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Stop marginalising every black person is a good start.

Or perhaps you might learn to read instead of creating strawman arguments.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You're the one who said blacks frown upon hard work.

Where the f you're getting that fact from

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

First thing's first - they have to stop viewing education as acting white.

It's hard to become an engineer when you spend all of your grade school, middle and high school years being too cool for school because that's something white folks do.

Now you can point at society and say it needs to change, but it's not the larger society all on its own that has issues. Black society has plenty of things it has to do in order to clean up its act right alongside.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You're the one who said blacks frown upon hard work.

Where the f you're getting that fact from

Based on human bio-mechanics alone, the fastest runner in the world is also the hardest worker. Note the finals of the 100m sprint (you can choose which Olympics) and also note the ratio of black fellas to white fellas.

You're right - mental state determines motivation, not skin colour.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Maybe because it´s about the opinion of a unimportant, mentally ill "celeb"

"Maybe because it´s about the opinion of a unimportant, mentally ill "celeb"

Well, this describes a large portion of Hollyweird, so....
it seems they are taking exception to his independent thought.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

First thing's first - they have to stop viewing education as acting white.

It's hard to become an engineer when you spend all of your grade school, middle and high school years being too cool for school because that's something white folks do.

Now you can point at society and say it needs to change, but it's not the larger society all on its own that has issues. Black society has plenty of things it has to do in order to clean up its act right alongside.

Where are you getting those stats from about 'blacks' being too cool for school since grade school?

It's these degrading and demeaning attitudes toward 'blacks' and children of color that reinforces the stereotype from wherever you got that piece of propaganda.

Ffs... Stop demeaning an entire race based on your views.
edit on 23-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

From my direct experience teaching inner city kids. The ones who tried to learn and behave were made fun of and denigrated by their peers for "acting white." I heard that phrase used, more than once.
edit on 23-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

a reply to: EternalShadow

Where then other blacks don't accept other blacks because they are educated? You're of African descent and that's how you generalize your own?

It happens more frequently than you're apparently aware of. Futhermore, you just gave my points validity by implying I'm betraying "my own" which perfectly illustrates the whole either you're us or them attitude .

Why do blacks chastise and resent other blacks for being educated and speaking 'proper'?? Why?

Why are other blacks 'attacking' Candance and Kanye for having conservative leanings? Why is that?

Spoiler Alert!!

Because there is an inherent belief in the black community that conservatism equals racism, white power, and overall suppression of black progress.

Get a history book and you will find that the south was Democrat throughout the Jim Crow era, whereas the north, where blacks found true freedom and support, was Republican.
Blacks in the south were forced to vote Democrat or face the wrath of the KKK and other separatist groups.

And no, name calling is for 4 year olds.

edit on E30America/ChicagoMon, 23 Apr 2018 17:42:50 -05004pmMondayrd05pm by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Gotta love how people on the left, particularly those in Hollywood love to call Candice Owens and people who think like her "alt-right extremists". Everything I've ever seen from her involves common freaking sense. I think she's great.

Nice thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join