It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West, Candace Owens, & Monolithic Black Thought

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Surprised I didn't see a thread on this already. So Kanye West tweeted that he likes the way Candace Owen thinks and it sent black leftists to the moon. Candace Owens is a young and beautiful black woman who has embraced conservative thought and garnered quite a following on youtube and starting to make her rounds on the talk / lecture circuit.

Anyway, it didn't take long for the "woke" crowd to jump all over Kanye and Candace with the Uncle Tom, Coon, Uncle Ruckus, and other insults. Of course, none of them actually address anything specific that she actually says, but since when as logic and reason been a staple of leftist activism.

Here she is with a mic drop moment with some bojangling BLM activist who were interrupting a talk she she was giving at a University recently.

Anyway, this topic really hits home with me as I too have experienced this ideological group think in the black community when you refuse to tow the party line. I got off the liberal progressive plantation when I got to college. In high school, I was one of the "woke" red, black, & green hoteps until I really got woke after discovering Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele and other conservative black authors. Haven't looked back since.

Anyway, I've long felt that the black community has shot itself in the foot for blindly following Democrats and leftists. The proof in the state of the black community.

Discuss.

+32 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Independent thought, individuality is an anathema to the mob mentality of the left.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hopefully she'll run for President someday.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It is a bit ironic that the left does not understand that the majority of them actively persecute the true minorities of this country... conservative African Americans/ Women / Legal Immigrants, etc on down the line.

I am glad to see this to be spreading as the virtue signaling narrative false flat on it face. I love everything about the public court that is social media!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Interesting OP, food for thought.

Living in Texas, its really hard to guage just how many of the Black populatlion actually follows the Leftist line. Thats because theres a lot of different type Black communities and many are quite conservative. The "Churched" community even stood up to the Mayor of Houston a few years back. As well, many of my Black friends and business associates have told me that they feel like the so-called "Black Community "leaders are just in the game to line their pockets, which they have done a great job of, while at thesame time, they havent done any real good for the local Black communities.A

As more and more Blacks move through the ranks of the Military, I suspect the back las against the leftists may swell. Met a lot of nice Black Navy personnell this week at NOLA Navy week.

Kanye may be onto something.
Thanks

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I want to dislike kanye for his ego, and shy away for his eccentricities.

but he seems to at least think for himself. and that is something i can respect in someone.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Shania backed down, Kanye stood up. A lot to be said for that kind of courage.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Surprised I didn't see a thread on this already.

Maybe because it´s about the opinion of a unimportant, mentally ill "celeb" that even can´t make good music and needed to marry a darkhaired "Kelly Bundy" to stay a "VIP"?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I can't stand how it's somehow 'traitorous' to do and be anything other than being firmly sterotypical.

I would say that it welds a cap on one's PERSONAL growth and experience to simply concede to pre-established social norms of a certain group. The individual and the group become stagnant, and instead of being inclusive, the group becomes exclusive; like a club.
To me, that doesn't unify, it completely divides.

The black community has a culture, like it or not, yet that culture is based on a sense of betrayal, resentment, anger, and ultimately, irresponsibility yet feeling entitled to whatever because of a history of slavery.

Being a conservative means you are with "the Man", you do his bidding...LMAO

ASININE.

If your group won't accept you for being educated, speaking properly, and being responsible, than honestly,...who has the problem?

You're probably better off without those types in your life to begin with.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Interesting OP, food for thought.

Living in Texas, its really hard to guage just how many of the Black populatlion actually follows the Leftist line. Thats because theres a lot of different type Black communities and many are quite conservative. The "Churched" community even stood up to the Mayor of Houston a few years back. As well, many of my Black friends and business associates have told me that they feel like the so-called "Black Community "leaders are just in the game to line their pockets, which they have done a great job of, while at thesame time, they havent done any real good for the local Black communities.A

As more and more Blacks move through the ranks of the Military, I suspect the back las against the leftists may swell. Met a lot of nice Black Navy personnell this week at NOLA Navy week.

Kanye may be onto something.
Thanks

The black community is extremely conservative... honestly, the only reason I think we tend to gravitate left as a community is that progressives have been very good at putting racism from and center. If you really look at where the black community stands on most issues, they should be voting conservative.

Church is huge in the black community. Black folks generally have been pretty conservative when it comes to LBGT issues. To be frank, the black community "accepts" them, but hardly promotes it at least until recently.

Illegal immigration hurts black workers the most. Even many older civil rights leaders were against illegal immigration for this vary reason.

School Choice. Black community has to attend some of the worst public schools, but yet Democrats try to block school choice so black parents that give a damn can get their kids into better schools.

Hustling. The black community is very entrepreneurial in spirit. I had actually planned to do a thread about some hip hop artist complaining about taxes after they realized how much Uncle Sam punishes you for being successful.

I think what happens is that in the black community, people are so used to being attacked by the vocal minority, that we tend to keep our conservative values to ourselves a lot of times. It simply isn't worth the headache to get into screaming matches with emotional libs.

I've long stated the black leadership has a long con where they get to enrich themselves for corralling votes for the Democrat party. That is the hustle. So Jesse, Al and the rest of the conclave of minstrels get out and buck dance for progressive causes screaming racism to get the ignorant masses to vote Democrat. For their reward, they get to enrich their own pockets.

(post by knowledgehunter0986 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

And these types of comments are what will always marginalize people of color.

I wonder where you got all this info on the 'group'

Twit.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry but I have to point out that the mob mentality is on both sides. A quick ATS search shows that(at least on this website) the right is far more triggered and has a bigger mob mentality than the left. And on other websites it's the opposite.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Now, now...no need for name calling.

I am of African decent, so I have first hand experience if you will.
I have always been looked at and treated differently because of my personal likes that don't seem to fit a person of color.
I'm a constitutionalist not a conservative. There is a difference yet some folks can't wrap their heads around that concept.

I think you must mean self marginalization. Am I not marginalized by being 'different'?

Nope, I'm just a sellout.

Whatever.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I do find it an interesting question Candace has raised.

Why do so many in the black community embrace the victim mentality?

Do they even realize they're embracing it? Do they have such low self belief they really don't believe hard work will result in a better life? I know black lawyers, doctors, businessmen and software engineers who all worked hard and live a good life.

Why is there a denial about that? It even seems that hard work is frowned upon.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry but I have to point out that the mob mentality is on both sides. A quick ATS search shows that(at least on this website) the right is far more triggered and has a bigger mob mentality than the left. And on other websites it's the opposite.

*shrugs*

Okay, your opinion.

I still think that thinking independently, being individualistic is something that should be applauded.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
she will be shredded by the black community because she's not asking for reparations

not Christian black conservatives though they tend to think differently and there's a lot of them out there standing up to this nonsense

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Shania backed down, Kanye stood up. A lot to be said for that kind of courage.

Popularity is hard to go against, and for a celeb, popularity is a large part of their job.

I actually respected Taylor Swift to some degree for simply not saying anything politically one way or the other during this last cycle. To some extent, it was the safe option, but given the way the left jumped on her for trying to stay out of it, it ended up not being safe after all.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
She is a smart girl. I hope people both black, white, and brown listen to her. Scary isn't it? I once thought the same thing about Obama.
edit on 23-4-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

This post is 5 hours old - note the top comment, and the next one after that. Leftists can now look forward to being offended daily by the new Black-Trump.

Oh, this is getting awesomer.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join