It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West, Candace Owens, & Monolithic Black Thought

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Surprised I didn't see a thread on this already.

Maybe because it´s about the opinion of a unimportant, mentally ill "celeb" that even can´t make good music and needed to marry a darkhaired "Kelly Bundy" to stay a "VIP"?

Well that didn't take long for a member of the mob mentality to arrive. Mentally ill because he thinks differently than you? Typical lefty..

Taste of music is definitely subjective, but tell that to his 21 Grammy's.

You sound like a big fat hater.

If he was a conservative saying that a few months ago.... he'd be called a racist.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I have to disagree somewhat.

There was racism in the North too. It just wasn't government institutionalized as blatantly as it was in the South. It was enforced through more subtle means like realty covenants and the like.

But today, people in the North like to pretend they were never racist because they didn't have the full Jim Crow system.

However, those things aren't legally allowed today.

Part of the problem is that blacks are searching for their own cultural identity and they haven't embraced things that are leading them to success. I mentioned one thing -- broad rejection of education. It is more fashionable to label education as white oppressive now which is why you have academics labeling math as racist and white supremacist among other things. I wouldn't care so much about the rejection of the broader culture if the culture embraced did lead them to both harmonious co-existence and successful lives, but it doesn't.

Look at Asian-Americans. They thrive here with their own set of cultural values. They're largely killing it.

If African-Americans could come up with a culture like that. It would be great, but until they do, we're going to continue to have issues, and it won't be racism causing all of those problems.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I do find it an interesting question Candace has raised.

Why do so many in the black community embrace the victim mentality?

Do they even realize they're embracing it? Do they have such low self belief they really don't believe hard work will result in a better life? I know black lawyers, doctors, businessmen and software engineers who all worked hard and live a good life.

Why is there a denial about that? It even seems that hard work is frowned upon.

Not the system designed to make them felons for minor infractions, higher loan rates on mortgages, war on drugs, passed up for promotions or racism in schools, and racism in the fabric of American society which hasn't been more overt since the late 60s. I guess none of these affect a person, mentally emotionally and physically...

1. Don't commit crime
2. Be more responsible with money/credit
3. Don't do or sell drugs
4. If you're not appreciated for your hard work and commitment to a companies success, LEAVE. Believe me, there are plenty of companies that will.
5. Racism is overt and everywhere. That's like saying there's a boogeyman underneath every bed, but where's the proof?
What was happening in the 1990's That isn't happening now? Or a better question would be, is it possible that things haven't improved in the black community very much, and instead of taking a personal assessment of responsibility, we have dusted off the word racism to justify complacency???

I know you remember the uplifting, unifying music scene and movies of the 1990's...tv shows, etc., folks in general were at ease with a movement that was about being genuinely proud to be black.

Were we hollering racism then!!??

If we were, where was that directed to? Exactly. Authority figures...police, politicians, judges, etc. NOT AT OURSELVES THOUGH. Now, everyone is a racist or potentially one once they get in touch with their inner biases....GTFO.

You can live a guilt trip ridden life, but not me.

It's about personal choices and personal responsibility.

Ask any young kid in the ghetto what they wanna be when they grow up. 90%+ will say a sports star or a rapper. Why is that? Why are they not being encouraged to be anything else?

Now look at today's ear splitting, divided and soul souring music, movies, tv shows, etc. Its called degradation of society AS A WHOLE and manipulative narratives to get us to play into it.

Left, Right, blah blah blah..

Alright, gotta get back to work lol..

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Look at Asian-Americans. They thrive here with their own set of cultural values. They're largely killing it.

If African-Americans could come up with a culture like that. It would be great, but until they do, we're going to continue to have issues, and it won't be racism causing all of those problems.

Fair enough. Thanks for the input.

Question is, what are the Asians doing that blacks are not?

The answer isn't rocket science...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

If the same rules applied to everyone it would be a different story. Moot point.

You can't just say accept the system and become successful.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: odzeandennz

From my direct experience teaching inner city kids. The ones who tried to learn and behave were made fun of and denigrated by their peers for "acting white." I heard that phrase used, more than once.

So then all blacks are like that from your experience.

That kind of generalization is what is getting people killed for no reason.

You can't judge an entire race based on the worst examples ...
edit on 23-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Actually you can and it works, if you know how to work the system.

Or you can hold a firm belief that no matter what you do you're doomed.

See how far you get with that attitude.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Unbelievable...

I refuse to accept a system where a group of people are automatically in disparity based on race.
That's just me. I don't care if it kills me

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

There is no monomythic "black culture," let alone one based on the grievances you list in your post. Black Americans are every bit as diverse in their sociopolitical or cultural experiences, convictions, and beliefs as anyone else.

The Twitterverse is a disease-ridden cesspool on all sides of the political puppet show and in no way represents any particular group, other than attention whores, obviously.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Two points to make on this

The progressive cultural marxists that push identity politics have a sort of “progressive stack” of groups that are the biggest victims

The world to them is made up of groups of oppressors and oppressed. People are not looked at as individuals, but father the suns of their collective groups

So you are a straight black Christian able bodied wealthy woman, etc

It varies from time to time, but there is a sort of stacking of the most aggrieved being black can make you more victimized than being a woman, which is more victimized than being gay, etc

As such there are times when a less victimized group has to step aside, hence why we saw these people shouting down woman who were groped by Muslim men in Germany

However, the only thing that outweighs all of these group catergories is that you first and foremost must agree with them ideologically

It’s why they can scream sexism at any criticism of Hillary, and then make appearance jokes about Sarah sanders

It’s why any criticism of obama could be called racist, but it’s ok to attack Ben Carson

It’s why rape jokes are horrible and never funny, but jokes about trump being raped were ok

And so Kanye and miss Owens are finding out that if they dare to be free thinkers, they are merely another oppressor

Going against the victims mood mindset of oppressed vs oppressor makes you the ultimate enemy, and if you happen to be from a group they identify as victims such as blacks, it makes you even more of an enemy

edit on 23-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The other pint is that I don’t care what any celebrity thinks politically really

When Kanye said George bush hates black people, I thought his opinion meant very little, as I do with these current opinions

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

No, it's not, but the Asian community wasn't brought here in piecemeal either.

In a sense, it's a reverse of what we see in Africa where country boundaries were set without regard to tribal cultural boundaries. Only in this case, we had tribesmembers brought here and put together without regard to their native cultures.

Prior to Civil Rights Era, their were some very strong communities with some very good values. I was in a teaching program with some strong ladies who recall their own family members from that time driving home the importance of values and education. Then the push to develop that strong cultural identity among other forces seems to have helped erode what was there. Understand, I don't necessarily think that was a bad thing, but I think it went the wrong way.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Unbelievable...

I refuse to accept a system where a group of people are automatically in disparity based on race.
That's just me. I don't care if it kills me

So how do we account for the successes?

What did they do differently?

Sellout???

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Lol, if I thought they were all like that, I never would have volunteered for that program in the first place. Why bother, amirite?

I volunteered because of my experiences in college as a student athlete. I was very much a minority as a white student athlete, and I wanted to help more kids climb out. I grew up poor too and used my athletic talent to get my education, same as a lot of black kids do.

What I saw was how very, very rare my teammates actually were.
edit on 23-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

In this thread alone, I'm not making this up:

Blacks don't appreciate 'hard work'
Black kids think education is a white thing
Being treated differently in the system is ok, as long as you just navigate through it...

Blacks were belittled, demeaned and made to think they couldn't be educated, appreciate sciences and the arts.
Schools became fully de segregated in my lifetime,
Profiling still rampant
Lawsuits for higher interests for black (with great credit) is on going,
Minor infractions met with life alternating charges still aplenty...
When a black gets a successful job, it's because they're black the reason they got it .. see Micheal Steele...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

And you are busy reading into this thread everything you want to see and nothing that is actually there.

You are part of the problem.

If I thought black kids couldn't be educated as you suggest, then I never would have volunteered to teach the inner city, but I can't teach those who are not willing to learn. I did very well with the ones who came to school each day ready and willing. I did very well with the ones who were willing to come find me after school and on my breaks.

Clearly some can, but they have to be taught that education is important and something to be valued.
edit on 23-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Surprised I didn't see a thread on this already.

Maybe because it´s about the opinion of a unimportant, mentally ill "celeb" that even can´t make good music and needed to marry a darkhaired "Kelly Bundy" to stay a "VIP"?

"Mentally ill" for talking about Trump in a positive way at a concert.

But I guess you'd see the illness in that. Thanks for making my point about mental illness and the 2nd amendment in other threads.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here is a bit of data that will show that racism is not what is holding back the black community...

Does anyone know who the most educated group is in America? First guess would be Asians... then maybe Indians. However, it actually isn't...

Answer: Nigerians.

So here we have a group of immigrants who come to America and have run circles around everyone else and they are more African than African-Americans yet they some how succeed. If we believe the logic of the woke crowd, then the racist systematic oppression must some how not know how to discriminate against Nigerians and other west Africans who are just as black and yet have managed to be the most educated group in the US.

The difference is obviously that Nigerians and other West African immigrants put much more emphasis on family and education.

When you read stories about some black teen who gets accepted to all the Ivy League schools, almost always it is a Nigerian.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Now, now...no need for name calling.

I am of African decent, so I have first hand experience if you will.
I have always been looked at and treated differently because of my personal likes that don't seem to fit a person of color.
I'm a constitutionalist not a conservative. There is a difference yet some folks can't wrap their heads around that concept.

I think you must mean self marginalization. Am I not marginalized by being 'different'?

Nope, I'm just a sellout.

Whatever.

I cannot expand on that post one bit
Excellent riposte

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
the left a mixture of cultures, ethnicitys, religions etc. the right a mixture of racist , white nationalist, separatist, a few regular people and a sprinkle of color most likely christian

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join