It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hows that wall coming along?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Has any real progress at all been made? Im not talking about back and forth banter. Im talking about shovels in the ground.

Have they even decided who will pay for it yet? We all know Mexico wont. Thats another pipe dream that leads me to believe taxpeyers will foot the bill. Over a year in office and still they dont even have a plan for the so called wall.

This whole space fleet just anounced is another fairy tale, just so he can stay in office another term. Americans are being trolled and everyone else sees it expect them. SAD.

edit on 7-4-2018 by JourneymanWelder because: Words

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't know but if it ever gets built I'd bet it's more to keep Americans in than to keep everybody else out. This country is a real mess and everybody seems to know it except many of the people who live here.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I think every time somboooooody cries about the wall, when it is built it should be built a foot higher/per virtue signal of how it's sooooooo racist and wrong!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We need it at the north as well can't let the USAers escape.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The "Wall" is ever built in our minds to assuage our fears behind jobs and invasion.

Like the unfinished wall, Empires are never successful at dominating the whole world, either.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Many, including myself, believe the cost of securing the border is not only worth the price, but far cheaper than the the burden placed on taxpayers in terms of social services alone. Beyond that, drug smuggling, human trafficking, gang recruiting, etc, etc are all going on across out southern border.

Doesn't any of that bother you? As an American? As a member of a "civilized" society? As a human being?

Are you only against a wall, or are you also against having control of what/who comes into our country?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The Trump administration has clarified that rather than building a new wall, they will be repairing/replacing the old wall.

It's still being sold as "Trumps wall," but anyone who has a modicum of common sense knew all along it was a campaign tactic rather than something based on reality.

Mexico is definitely going to pay for it.

That's why the White House requested $25B for it. Too bad they only received $1.6B, but it doesn't matter because Mexico is going to philosophically pay for it.

Oh well. Trump supporters don't care about how there won't be a new wall nor how Mexico isn't paying for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
The Trump administration has clarified that rather than building a new wall, they will be repairing/replacing the old wall.

It's still being sold as "Trumps wall," but anyone who has a modicum of common sense knew all along it was a campaign tactic rather than something based on reality.

You give trump supporters far to much credit. This was one of the main reasons he got elected, a new wall. Not an old wall not a refurbished wall, a new wall.

Where is it? Youve been had.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The wall is bovine feces. It's a political salve.

You know how Mexicans feel about Trump's wall? They'll get over it.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Here is a thought. Trump is sending National Guard to defend the border until the wall is built.
What will these soldiers do when there are not enough people crossing to validate the presence of the Guard.

Will they be building the wall? Using soldiers to build the wall? And who pays for the soldiers to be there. If Trump has invoked Title 10 of United States Code, then it will be the taxpayers of the nation who will pay their salaries. But if he has not and the decision to send National Guard from each state is made by the governors of the states that will send the Guard then the burden of salaries will fall on the citizens of those states.

So my question is, will the real purpose of sending Guards to the Southern border be to have then construct the wall? Maybe have them manufactured else where and shipped to the border to be put in place by the Guard?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well that wall as far as I know been underway for years. But the “Great Wall Of China is done.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Its coming along just fine.

Durability testing of the prototypes commenced back in November, and US Special forces tested them in February.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Gonna have to be high seeing most illegals get in by air on visitor visas.
Massive waste of money it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

You give trump supporters far to much credit. This was one of the main reasons he got elected, a new wall. Not an old wall not a refurbished wall, a new wall.

I only speak for myself but my main concern is immigration laws being enforced, which we’ve seen Trump is strong on illegal immigration. The wall would just be a cherry on top. My main reasons for voting for him was tax cuts, deregulation, and getting rid of Obamacare. He killed the mandate so I’m happy. Plus if Trump doesn’t get one of his promises done, it’s still better than any other president in my time following through on campaign promises. In Trumps defense, it’s not like he’s not trying to get the wall built. But he has to fight not only the Dems, but the damn Repubs to because they’re all corrupt.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Gonna have to be high seeing most illegals get in by air on visitor visas.
Massive waste of money it is.

Then they aren't illegal, until they overstay that visa. That's another issue that should be dealt with.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

I only speak for myself but my main concern is immigration laws being enforced, which we’ve seen Trump is strong on illegal immigration. The wall would just be a cherry on top. My main reasons for voting for him was tax cuts, deregulation, and getting rid of Obamacare. He killed the mandate so I’m happy. Plus if Trump doesn’t get one of his promises done, it’s still better than any other president in my time following through on campaign promises. In Trumps defense, it’s not like he’s not trying to get the wall built. But he has to fight not only the Dems, but the damn Repubs to because they’re all corrupt.

He should just issue wall bonds.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Actually Trump is thinking of diverting some of the military funding in the recent budget bill to paying for the wall.

“Because of the $700 & $716 Billion Dollars gotten to rebuild our Military, many jobs are created and our Military is again rich,” Trump tweeted early Sunday. “Building a great Border Wall, with drugs (poison) and enemy combatants pouring into our Country, is all about National Defense. Build WALL through M!”

Link

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Oh, he will get the wall done.. not because of immigration though..

He will get the wall done because he is an egotistical baffoon..

It will be his monument to himself that outlasts the ages, like some Roman emperor of old.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I personally don’t give one flying flip about immigrants..

Imho we need those jobs, homes and social programs..

However, OBVIOUSLY if you want to stop immigration you attack the people employing them..

Make it 100k fine for every illegal you employ and overnight it fixes itself. No wall required..

However, the gop is bought and paid for by those very same interests profiting off that cheap labor..

It is not that Americans won’t pick oranges.. Americans won’t pick oranges for 8 bucks an hour..

For 50k+benefits a year your average American will shovel poop for 8 hours a day..

The wall is a way to appease their base without actually doing anything to address the problem.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Might as well..

We already pay more for our military than the number 2-12 on that list, combined....

And I’m not sure we can take out the 12 countries below us combined. Even though that’s what we are paying for..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join