It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roseanne revival premieres to massive ratings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't watch TV and could care less, but how long will it be before they call for a boycott of the advertisers. 2 Shows maybe 3 if she continues top be pro Trump.

Could care less than a flying fork.

edit on 28-3-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I actually agree with you... but I still loved it. It was a little awkward at times. But I think much of that was trying to establish the "new" characters with the "old" characters so to speak. I'm hopeful that now all that's out of the way, the actors will be able to settle into their characters and it will be better going forward.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

a reply to: Butterfinger

duck dynasty ? - they were religious wingnuts

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't really think political leanings have anything to do with it. Funny is funny and not funny is not funny.

Rosanne is funny. The Tim Allen show was not funny. I watched it. It was terrible. I disliked it because it was NOT funny. Rosanne on the other hand is funny.

That's the secret sauce. A sitcom has to be funny.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

And really, who want's to sit down and watch a bunch of normal guys with beards do normal, stupid stuff? Like, I have my own family, we sit around and do normal stupid stuff. Why do I need to watch someone on TV doing the same stuff my family does? LOL Who would do that?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

could care less

how much less could you care ?????????????????? - being able to care less - means you DO care some

is there an international " care scale " thatt you can use to quantify your care level ??????????????

HINT :

the proper english phrase you were attempting to convey = :

" i could not care less "

or

" i could'nt care less "

the merkin idiocy of :

" i could care less "

merely conveys an unspecified but irrelevant level of caring

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

utterly irrelevant - please TRY to follow the context of my reply

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Ask the poster.

I took it as who sees a family praying before a meal in a network TV show that was written about fictional people.

There is a difference in that one is pulled entirely from imagination of fictional people, designed to do it.

Where else do you see people saying Grace on contrived fictional main stream shows?

The point was rhetorical, pointing out the fact that there arent any besides Rosanne, being designed that way

Duck Dynasty was about real people who existed before someone wanted to use them for a show. Albeit scripted situations, the dinner prayer was something they always did, and it got captured on film.

link   

utterly irrelevant - please TRY to follow the context of my reply

I thought it was a relevant response. There are many reasons to NOT want to watch Duck Dynasty. I was just expanding on that theme. I was adding more context.

link   

Yes...

If Roseanne wasn't so genuinely funny and smart, she could never pull this off. And the ensemble cast is one of the best in TV history and everyone signed on for it.

...Even both Beckys.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Yes...

If Roseanne wasn't so genuinely funny and smart, she could never pull this off. And the ensemble cast is one of the best in TV history and everyone signed on for it.

...Even both Beckys.

Yeah. Where as Tim Allen, used to be funny--Galaxy Quest and Christmas with the Kranks proves the point. He was probably conservative back then as well. LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I never thought Tim Allen was funny. Just not my cup of tea.

I should probably just leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Its about a Harpy and a Troll...no dragons.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Really? Then explain The Big Bang Theory...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ha and Friends. There will always be exceptions to the "must be funny" rule.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Touché.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Ha and Friends. There will always be exceptions to the "must be funny" rule.

Yeah. If you got a guy who is good at programming canned laughter at the right parts you can dupe an audience to think a not funny show is actually funny. If you want an interesting time, go on youtube and look up videos of The Big Bang Theory with all the canned laughter removed. You'll quickly discover how not funny the show is. Though, the catch to this activity is that you still have to actually WATCH The Big Bang Theory.
edit on 28-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't think it is a pro-trump theme as several here seem to. Rosanne, the character is pro trump but I likely time will tell that she, the character will slowly come to see him differently. Over time she will be realizing that he is not the working class hero he is portrayed as being and she will convert to anti-trump with the rest of her family.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I never watched the original series but did the first of the new series. The canned laughter completely turns me off. The big bang show, I watched one show and gave up on it too because of that forced comic manipulation.

I've noticed that even shows that say they are filmed before a live audience have augmented responses when it reaches TV. No crowd could possibly laugh on cue with an audience starting all at once and then tapering off enough to go silent for the next joke. SNL does it I am sure along with any number of other programs.

To me, canned laughter is one of the most potent forms of mind control for the masses. Control of what we think is funny. If everyone else is having a good time and laughing their asses off then it must be funny and once our sense of humor is corrupted like that our whole emotional sense can be turned topsy turvy.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I don't really think political leanings have anything to do with it. Funny is funny and not funny is not funny.

Rosanne is funny. The Tim Allen show was not funny. I watched it. It was terrible. I disliked it because it was NOT funny. Rosanne on the other hand is funny.

Damn, I thought Last Man Standing was hilarious and was quite disappointed when it got canceled.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join