It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roseanne revival premieres to massive ratings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
what the hell is :

" anti , anti trump " ???????????????

pro trummp - just not prepared to admit it ?

or some orwellian " new speak " ?

Roseanne is not pro Trump, just playing a character.

.o2

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
My favorite part is how much ppl pretend to gaf about a show

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

The family prayed at the dinner table, when was the last time you saw that???

err - deeply religious families ??????????????????

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Identity politics...

I haven't seen it yet. Its recorded, we will watch tonight. Im watching to see something i enjoy (i still watch it in syndication and laugh my ass off), and am doing so irrespective of politics. I suspect most folks did the same.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wish it was on another network. ABC is a member of the ESPN-DISNEY-Kimmel-Stephanopolis-The View- HATE TRUMP CONGLOMERATE.

It's too bad that Rosanne was willing to help ABC make money. Their love of $$$ outweighed their hate for conservatives. She's just a means to an end.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: mikell

From the clips I saw, the acting was pretty bad and the jokes were fairly cringey. So I wouldn't be surprised if it got a bad review.

I see you finally caught an episode of Rosanne from the 90s

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Pretty sure they meant on a TV show

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

a reply to: SocratesJohnson

The family prayed at the dinner table, when was the last time you saw that???

err - deeply religious families ??????????????????

On network tv, dingus

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Well it's gotta be Better than The Last Jedi, that was a dragon punch to my soul.

Roseanne was not a bad show, It was believable and risque-not the immature Married with Children risque but it was down to earth and people could relate to it. Roseanne Barr seems like a smart cookie and we are in need of some good sitcoms because these days they are just crap, hell The Big Bang Theory is funnier when they laugh track is replaced by the sound of a passing train.

As for the Trump thing? who cares? if the show has no underhanded political agenda then sit back and laugh!
edit on 28-3-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I knew this would be a hit... It was hilarious to boot, on both ends. They made Jackie look like a typical progressive and it was beyond hilarious.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Was the pro-Trump theme known about in advance? Or were the ratings just reflecting the popularity the show previously had. Not to mention the lack of decent content today.

It was known from the get-go that Roseanne would portray a Trump voter.

But the show, itself, wasn't 'pro-Trump.' It wasn't 'pro' or 'anti' anything. It's predicated on the idea that when it comes to family and divided politics -- politics are not the priority.

My BFF absolutely loved it and he had been foaming at the mouth about Roseanne portraying (and being) a Trump supporter.

As an independent...I loved it and have needed a show like it for a long time.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thirty6BelowZero

I knew this would be a hit... It was hilarious to boot, on both ends. They made Jackie look like a typical progressive and it was beyond hilarious.

All fairness though...Jackie was right when she said that Roseanne has always bullied her as an older sister. I love Jackie and everything about the character because her heart is always in the right place.

I love Roseanne, as well, because she is a bully with her heart in the right place, too.

I think this reboot is a breath of fresh air for a lot of people across the political spectrum.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I was hoping we'd at least get a good performance from John Goodman. But it seemed like even he was dialing it in.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

My family used to gather up every night Rosanne came on in the 80's all the way up until that National Anthem boondoggle. As Rosanne Barr slowly faded into the twilight, that National Anthem began to get funny. Now I'm in tears of laughter when I watch it.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Butterfinger

I was hoping we'd at least get a good performance from John Goodman. But it seemed like even he was dialing it in.

Eh, it's the first two shows so there was a lot of focus on character development..."what has happened in the last twenty years." It's hard to give a good acting performance when the priority is to deliver information.

As the season progresses...I think we'll get amazing performances.

On that note, Sarah Gilbert did show some serious acting chops! I was impressed.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
"I just want to watch football, not watch political commentary by football players!"

"Why can't they just leave politics out of entertainment?"

"Hollyweird is always subjecting their audiences with political undertones!"

Leave it to the same crowd who whines about "having politics shoved down their throats," applaud having politics shoved down their throats because it's a political message they approve of.

There were politics on both sides, it was refreshing to see that instead of liberals bashing Trump like Fuller House did. That show was a flop 10 minutes into its premier because of that. Conservatives don't mind if it's on both sides, only liberals flip out about that.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Are there dragons and do a bunch of people get offed at a wedding? If not, I'm not interested.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

what the hell is :

" anti , anti trump " ???????????????

pro trummp - just not prepared to admit it ?

or some orwellian " new speak " ?

Roseanne is not pro Trump, just playing a character.

.o2

Rosanne is an open Trump supporter in real life.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

All fairness though...Jackie was right when she said that Roseanne has always bullied her as an older sister. I love Jackie and everything about the character because her heart is always in the right place.

I love Roseanne, as well, because she is a bully with her heart in the right place, too.

I think this reboot is a breath of fresh air for a lot of people across the political spectrum.

It was definitely refreshing... Rosanne did bully Jackie, but they made Jackie look like a snowflake lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

It was definitely refreshing... Rosanne did bully Jackie, but they made Jackie look like a snowflake lol.

And I think the fact that Jackie is a snowflake and always has been will be tackled in her embracing of 'feminism.'

THAT was the major surprise for me....Jackie in her pink P* hat. Jackie and Roseanne are very close so this will be a fun dynamic.

I am one of three girls and very close with both of my sisters. I'm an independent and voted for Johnson, my sisters voted for Trump and Hillary.

We make it work. We more than make it work.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join