It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Gov agency tells staff they can't use words father or mother

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Do you mean like? :

Listen Linda !

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

When push comes to shove ..... Between transgenders and all other genders

Will it be necessary to guess at which of the parents gave birth

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

It's simple. Any dude goes by "mister". What else is there EVER. You see a wedding ring on a woman chances are 95 % "missus." If not she will correct you. Trans folk, OK ask. How often will that happen? Anything else is a waste of time and energy. Then again we're talking about gov't employees. Not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Yeah, except my daughter wasn’t the con artist that kid was.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: intrepid
In further news the Trudeau gov't bans the Xmen because "mutant" is offensive.

The article says you can refer to people as Sir or Madam if their preference is known. Just make sure you ask Wolverine which gender he identifies as before the *snikt*

What's more offensive?

Asking what gender someone identifies as--or--making an assumption based on (usually) obvious cues.

edit on 23-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What kind of time and energy is being expended here? I mean, other than us sitting here writing about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

What kind of time and energy is being expended here? I mean, other than us sitting here writing about it.

Well it would be a lot less if some weren't just being argumentative.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The article says you can refer to people as Sir or Madam if their preference is known.

Well you couldn't get more gender specific than 'Sir' and 'Madam' could you

confusing

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

The article says you can refer to people as Sir or Madam if their preference is known.

Well you couldn't get more gender specific than 'Sir' and 'Madam' could you

confusing

But it also implies you better ask people what they prefer and not just jump to conclusions
Very awkward way to start a conversation.

edit on 23-3-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I could care less if they want to use parent on forms but what happens to an employee when he/she screws up and accidentally says Mother or Father and someone gets offended. Do they get fired?

edit on 23-3-2018 by Deluxe because: Adding word.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I’m in the U.S. and I have filled out various paperwork, some government-related, some not - that has asked for first parent information and second parent information.

Funny enough, I didn’t lose my mind, or have nightmares for months afterwards, or lose my identity as my child’s mother.

If you are a same-sex couple, mother/father doesn’t work. But parent always works.

You're having a conversation with yourself again.

No one's having nightmares over this.

We're just having a laugh at more lefty progressive indoctrination.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Maybe you’re right. I shouldn’t speak my mind. On a discussion forum.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deluxe

Do they get fired?

Well, we are talking about government employees...so, no. They get sent to sensitivity resort training seminar.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

*Double Post*

edit on 23-3-2018 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Your thread title is misleading...it grossly twisted the narrative.

Canadian Gov agency tells staff they can't use words father or mother

Also, your post clearly indicates one of the following:

1. You didn't read the article in the source you provided in FULL.

Or...

2. You have a problem discerning information presented within it's proper context.

Or...

3. You have an agenda and allowed RT's wording to manipulate your thought process that caused this knee-jerk reaction.

From your source:

Let us be clear, @ServiceCanada_E will continue to use Mr/Ms when interacting with Canadians. We are only confirming how people want to be addressed as a matter of respect.

From Service Canada quote in the source you provided:

1/2 Madam/Sir will still be used by Service Canada employees if the client’s preference is known. In all cases, Canadians will decide how they wish to be addressed.

2/2 In order to meet the expectations of its clientele, Service Canada has made some adjustments that allow the public to confirm how they wish to be addressed by Service Canada, to adapt to the reality of the 21st century.

... and due to your misinterpretation, you come to this thought process (which, btw, caused others to blindly hop on your bandwagon of ignorance):

Employees of a government agency in Canada are no longer allowed to use words such as "father" or "mother", as these words refer to a specific gender and might be seen as "biased". This government agency is basically telling its employees that it's bad to acknowledge that genders exist. Humanity is being absolutely twisted and perverted to the point of total moral and spiritual degeneracy. We are in a world where men are told they can be women and women are told they can be men, but you must dare not call them either because it's sexist to refer to gender.

Feel free to take the time and energy to go to Servicecanada.ca and search the topic deeper to get a more *realistic* and/or *objective* understanding of the issue since it concerned you so much to create a thread about it.

After all, to not do so will demonstrate wilful ignorance...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Man, I'm almost wishing for the good old days when Harper was PM..almost.
The Trudeau liberals are getting pretty damn annoying ..even to my mother, who is much more left than me.
At the end of the day though, this is just stupid..not world changing.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
F this crap. What I want to know is what they are actually going to do about our dilapidated military.

Or if you want to go the chuckles route, will MP's be smokin da reefer in parliament after July 1st.

edit on 23-3-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've never heard of anyone being offended by those two words, what do they think this will accomplish exactly? Honest question.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Or if you want to go the chuckles route, will MP be smokin da reefer in parliament after July 1st.

Might help them..lol, none of the puffers I know would ever dream up this stuff.
As for the military, you and I know not to expect much, if anything.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

This is really getting ridiculous now and no doubt will spread to the UK.

By the time these people stop being offended by the simple things, we'll have nothing left to say.

Put quite simply: We won't be able to say anything.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join