It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Gov agency tells staff they can't use words father or mother

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

lets hope they keep both. I think regardless of what they change, most of us here in Canada do like our traditions, and will keep them close to the heart.

we do have a slient majority here. when they get fed up enough they push back.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Who knows, who cares. Some kids call their parents by their first name. My daughter did that for a while when she was 3 or so. I thought it was cute, certainly didn’t bother me - as long as she knew I was the boss.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Toxic femininity is ruining Canada.

link   
I don't do political correct stuff and I have a hard time even taking this seriously.
Why is anyone even asking me to care about this crap and waiting to crap on me when I am indifferent and not up to speed on everyone's problems??
Its not all about YOU!!

One of my best friends is VERY gay and even he is laughing at this and he is ALL for gay and trans rights.

Hear ye hear ye!!!!

I DEMAND to be called Captain Ice Cream from this day forward or you will all offend me.
If you do offend me by not calling me Captain Ice Cream...I will then crap all over you for hurting my feelings and offending me.

Hear my cry,hold my hand and stroke my head!!!!

link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agreed, to me 'Mother' is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.

And government forms are the most beautiful forms of literature?

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You're a prickly one aren't you, I was only curious, I didn't particularly care, just wondered if mother and father is so offensive these days to transgender people.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
So they are going to use the word “parent”.

Well, that’s it. We’re all gonna die. Thanks Canada!

uhhuh...

*rolls eyes*

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Agreed, to me 'Mother' is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.

If that's what you think then go for it.
I don't think government forms are beautiful literature, I just think 'mother' is one of the most beautiful words in English.
You love having a snipe even when I've said nothing offensive don't you.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hell, shes the "moderate" one around here.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Sure sure..

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Maybe if you're a tax collector.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

A Canadian government agency has issued new guidelines telling staff to use gender-neutral terms instead of “father” or “mother” when talking to clients.

The directive by Service Canada ... says staff should use gender-neutral honorifics in order to avoid “portraying a perceived bias”

Honorifics such as mister, missus or miss “can be seen/perceived as gender specific"

The guidelines noticeably rule out using the words “father” and “mother,” as they are deemed “gender specific.”
Source

Employees of a government agency in Canada are no longer allowed to use words such as "father" or "mother", as these words refer to a specific gender and might be seen as "biased". This government agency is basically telling its employees that it's bad to acknowledge that genders exist.
Humanity is being absolutely twisted and perverted to the point of total moral and spiritual degeneracy. We are in a world where men are told they can be women and women are told they can be men, but you must dare not call them either because it's sexist to refer to gender.

I don't understand honestly....it what capacity would a government employee be saying mother or father anyway? Most government forms have parent/guardian already not mother/father and have since i was a kid....this seems like some bull# to me...

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

All these people are losing their sh*t about referring to someone as a parent, and you’re calling me prickly? That’s funny.

The fact is, this is not a huge deal. I believe the article said that if someone wants to be referred to as Mrs. or whatever, they will accommodate. Why is that such a horrible thing?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

So you're 55 years old and go to pay your fathers license, and the pubic savant asks you "oh you're here to pay your parents account". Lol how condescending.

edit on 23-3-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I’m in the U.S. and I have filled out various paperwork, some government-related, some not - that has asked for first parent information and second parent information.

Funny enough, I didn’t lose my mind, or have nightmares for months afterwards, or lose my identity as my child’s parent.

If you are a same-sex couple, mother/father doesn’t work. But parent always works.

A child, regardless of who claims it as theirs, still has a MOTHER and a FATHER. They don't just pop out of thin air. Yet.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I can't believe we live in a time where the word mother is offensive.

Well if you add a certain 6 letters after it.....

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You keep going on about forms, but this is about verbal communication - you may not, as a public employee, use the term mother and father when communicating verbally because of the connotations of the terms.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I don't think it's horrible.
But my question still stands with birth certificates and mother/father, would you prefer parent 1 & parent 2 on them as well?

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I can't believe we live in a time where the word mother is offensive.

Well if you add a certain 6 letters after it.....

Well, apparently the worst six letter word you can add to mother is .. father.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
the hell canada..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join