It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science teacher fed live puppy to snapping turtle in front of students, witnesses say

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Simply unacceptable actions by the teacher.

Nothing else to say

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Science teacher fed live puppy to snapping turtle in front of students, witnesses say

An Idaho middle school science teacher who reportedly fed a sick puppy to a snapping turtle in front of his students remained the subject of a police investigation Tuesday.
The reported incident in Robert Crosland’s classroom allegedly happened after school hours on March 7 at Preston Junior High School, located roughly 300 miles east of Boise.
“Preston School District was made aware of a regrettable circumstance involving some of the biological specimens at Preston Jr. High,” the district said in a statement.
“We emphasize that at no time was the safety of students or staff compromised.” Police told FOX13 the dog was alive when it allegedly was presented as a meal for the turtle.

Though I regret his choice of 'feed' for the turtle?

He was only showing the truths of life and the ugly side of nature.

The dog was sick. In 'the wild' it would have succumbed to a predator.

Even here in the (ugly rainy armpit of America's liberalism) Aberdeen, Washington? We spent tax money to 'rehab' some fawns, that Fish & Game, SHOT because they liked 'humans too much and could not be rehabbed).

Anyway - what this class was taught? Nature at it's base, nature-ness.

My question is why did this teacher choose to 'feed up the pup' - after school hours?

This district also said “the event occurred well after students had been dismissed and was not a part of any school directed program,” but deputies that spoke to FOX13 said it happened in front of students.

So there it is.

We feed snakes all those wee mice, and mice babies (called 'pinkies') to tarantulas in schools.

Dissect frogs and rabbits in 'science class'...

But someone slips a cog over a sick puppy?

That's what science is all about baby.

Survival of the fittest.

Yeh and hawkins is dead.

That sick # teacher should have fed steven to the turtle.

but Nooooo, we are human, can't do that but a sick puppy is OK!

If I have a lion, should I feed it the children in my village?

In my world, the frogs were already dead.

I can choose a live chicken here, I don't even do that.

Think about what a snapping turtle eating a live puppy looks and sounds like to kids.

Should we have classes that shoot unarmed black men?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: vonclod
What exactly is not ok though?? If the turtle had eaten a live fish or rat there would be no controversy here. Why is a dog so high up on the totem pole of animal respect? Some people would even go as far as expressing their own demented torture fantasies against other humans for so much as kicking a yappy rat dog out of the way.

Who is really demented then? Dogs are lovely animals, but they are still just animals. It is only natural to for a compromised animal to be consumed as food to another animal. Of course IMO, I always believe the most merciful thing to do is a simple bullet to the head.

Gee, I don't know about others but I have 3 dogs.

I've had horses too but wouldn't feed them to elephants.

I want a tiger but my wife is nixing that idea. She'd rather have a gun in the house.

Win Win!

edit on 3 14 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
If I witnessed that, especially at school age, it would freak me out.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
We know animals are killed in the wild by other animals in sometimes cruel and traumatic situations. It's uncomfortable to watch as an adult, much less as a child. We all know animals are killed and processed for human and domesticated animals for food. I try to handle this myself in a very humane manner as I'm sure you do as well.

Is it the fact the puppy was sick that this is acceptable to you? If it was one of your cute cuddly kittens that is snuggled up to your baby goat you recently shared in a thread with us, being fed while still alive to the snapping turtle would you feel the same about this?

originally posted by: silo13

Dogs are very domesticated and have been for thousands of years, they guide the blind and can warn humans of fires or epileptic seizures. They bring comfort and companionship to literally millions of people on this planet daily.

What bothers me the most about this thread though is the fact the puppy was still alive and could easily have been terminated before feeding it to the turtle because they do eat dead animals as well as live ones.

Snapping turtles will eat nearly anything that they can get their jaws around. They feed on dead animals, insects, fish, birds, small mammals, amphibians, and a surprisingly large amount of aquatic plants. Snapping turtles kill other turtles by biting off their heads.

www.biokids.umich.edu...

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

feed his dick to the turtle

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Even here in the (ugly rainy armpit of America's liberalism) Aberdeen, Washington? We spent tax money to 'rehab' some fawns, that Fish & Game, SHOT because they liked 'humans too much and could not be rehabbed).

I'm living in the GH area myself. But I do think that the puppy was a bad idea. But then again that's my opinion.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Anybody who thinks this is ok, is as sick in the head as the teacher.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Anybody already made a list of those people who wants to hurt a human more than an animal?

Because, seriously, either there are laws against using living vertebrate as food for animals, or not.
In that case your legislation lacked.

And the teacher did a thing which might sound bad but was legal.

Emotions galore, everyone?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I used to feed baby rats to my Piranhas.
That was gross enough.
I wouldnt ever had been able to stomach dropping a sick puppy into their tank.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Anybody already made a list of those people who wants to hurt a human more than an animal?

Because, seriously, either there are laws against using living vertebrate as food for animals, or not.
In that case your legislation lacked.

And the teacher did a thing which might sound bad but was legal.

Emotions galore, everyone?

Uuuuhh..where did you get the info that this was legal? As I read it, it is still under investigation.

I was just reading up on the Animal Welfare Act of 1966, so apparently American legislation is not lacking.
(you could question the exclusion of birds, rats and mice bred for research, and animals raised for food or fiber as well as all cold-blooded animals but that's an other thread)

Plain and simple, a dog is a domesticated animal and we have the obligation to make sure such an animal doesn't suffer needlessly. Putting it out of it's misery by feeding it to a snapping turtle should raise ethical questions with any reasonable thinking human being.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

without the puppy - the turtle would not have been : " free from hunger "

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I wrote "either... or..".

Living vertebrate should not be used as animal food.
I could (if I wanted to) buy frozen rats in every size in local pet shops around here, and that should be good enough for every carnivore, but I saw some video years ago about a mouse fed to a snapping turtle, poor thing was trying to swim to savety while half its body was already missing.. Not a fun thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Most of you are just biased because you have a dog, yawn..
Ethics should only be discussed by unbiased parties otherwise it’s just a waste time.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have a serious question.
Would this be in the spotlight if he had fed the turtle a rat?

Or does the offended factor directly relate to the cuteness of the animal in question?

I recall feeding a snake mice in one of my classes back in highschool.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I have a serious question.
Would this be in the spotlight if he had fed the turtle a rat?

Or does the offended factor directly relate to the cuteness of the animal in question?

I recall feeding a snake mice in one of my classes back in highschool.

It relates directly too it being a dog, I'm quite certain.

But in all fairness...we created dogs. We took wolves and domesticated them. We made them think that we are the alpha's and they trust us. It's kind of like betrayal if we abuse this position.

But leaving emotions aside, yes it would still be in the spotlight because it is against the law to make a dog suffer needlessly. It just seems to me that being bitten in half is not the most humane method available to euthanise a sick dog.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

So you don't see the point of having veterinary practices, then? I hope you don't have any pets.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I don’t buy it..

It just seems too stupid for a teacher to do , and with no measurable benefit ..

I bet he fed a guinepig to the turtle and also had a sick puppy there..

It was reported by an animal rights activist.

Guinepigs though are commonly used as feeder food, but are also pets.

whenever a story seems is too stupid to be true, I find it usually is not true.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

He didn’t feed a puppy to the turtle.. If you read the article it never specifically states that’s what he did. Using disclaimer words and such..

I bet dollars to donuts he fed a guinea pig to the turtle (a common feeder food) and also, separately had a sick puppy, and the activists/media are twisting it for a good story.

MAYBE the sick puppy died and then he fed it to the turtle..

No teacher would think feeding a live puppy to anything would fly.

edit on 14-3-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Bull#

there is no way a puppy would ever be eaten by a snapping turtle in the wild
the guy is cruel sadistic son of a bitch and deserves to rot in a cell !

or be fed to wild animals

snakes eat mice in nature, turtles dont eat dogs !
there is also absolutely no need to dissect animals given their anatomy is completely cataloged and understood by biology
a virtual version is good enough and readily available

also the dog was sick so having it put to sleep is the most humane way to put it out of its misery rather than its last moments being eaten alive by a turtle that doesnt kill it before digestion like a bigger predator would

sick barbarism !

science is not about survival of the fittest , science is about understanding the world around us , and stepping away from the barbarism that kept us in the dark ages for so long

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join