It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science teacher fed live puppy to snapping turtle in front of students, witnesses say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
They need to show young people what it looks like when a human is killed by a gun. 1300 child/teen gun murders every year in the USA. They expect some video game, or action movie, effect.

I don't know if it's still done or not, but back in my day, there used to be something like a coroner visitation/tour programs for the at-risk kids. Knew one surefire jail-bound kid in 7th who straightened right TF up all of a sudden. Turned out, the school & his parents had worked with some intermediary or something (I really don't know the details of how this was/is accomplished) to get him spend a day with a coroner ogling the dead in the morgue. Bad Ass wasn't so big on Thug Life anymore after that.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You seemed to be confused on the difference between "the wild", and a "classroom"

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

If you don't understand the difference between one that beats an animal abuser, and the abuser..

..then your to far gone for my words to help you - you need a professional, and I'm not kidding.

With all due respect - being that unbalanced puts you in the same class as that sick puppy - by your logic, not mine.

Think about it, and get help.

I know you don't want to hear it - but I'm going to pray for you.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

ANY pet can return affections and love humans, me & that class snake got along really well & I swear he had a preference for me & one of my friends. I know corn snakes are easy animals to care for, but he actually came to us and his movement increased, like an excited slither.

An excited slither? Did you teach it any commands? Play fetch? Take it for walks?

Even the feed rodents (mice, rats, etc) are capable of bonding to people, you just have to resist that as the feeder of the carnivore. Doesn't do the food server any good to have the meal become a friend, and the other companion risks going hungry because of it.

Humans, in general, have a bond with dogs that go back for thousands of years. They are not just pets to a lot of people. They are helpers also. They can perform tasks like leading a blind person, or sheep dogs have helped humans out tremendously throughout time. Hunting dogs were another way they have helped. So many ways that I am sure I don't know them all.

And don't get me wrong. I am not an animal person. I don't like having any pets. To me they are nuisance, but they does not change the bond that they share with humans. From my observations I believe for animal lovers, it is the most common bond between any two species.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is Jr High.... so Gr 6-8?

Minds that are easily influenced by adults... Good way to get children to believe this kind of behavior is ok

pretty sure Psychopathic criminals usually start by killing small animals

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Not really ok, it just means you are a bad dog owner actually.

As a good dog owner protecting it from harm is pretty high up on the list.

I don't let my dog frolick in the alligator ponds.

I have half a brain, and am not dumb enough to put my dog, who is my job to protect into harms way in a place predators are know to be.

Your making a bad argument just to argue.

Humane treatment of everything is what makes us civilized. Even though a few a fd up in the head like this teacher.

The old hick argument of "oh that's just nature" when their dog gets eaten by mountain lions, is not nature, it's straight up bad owners and laziness.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I agree with you.

If I had been in that class I'd have lost it.

People may mock because "it's just a puppy", but damn.

I love dogs.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: 3daysgone

Who's to say reptiles and turtles can't 'love' just because they don't show it like a puppy?

Who's to say? The one's that observe them and know much more than I about them. I can only speak from my observations between the relationships that I have seen between dog's and humans, because they are much more common which would indicate that share a greater common bond.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I agree with you.

If I had been in that class I'd have lost it.

People may mock because "it's just a puppy", but damn.

I love dogs.

I have more respect for puppies then most humans

F*** that guy... hope some animal rights group presses charges

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Or people who just want to feed their pet, and considers what goes on in nature to be natural. We're all food for something.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Or people who just want to feed their pet, and considers what goes on in nature to be natural. We're all food for something.

Well he should have stuck his hand in the tank to demonstrate

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Well he should have stuck his hand in the tank to demonstrate

Why? The meal was prepared?

link   

That's what science is all about baby.

Survival of the fittest.

Science has nothing to do with this, he did it because he wanted it to happen, not because it was needed to teach something.

There's a clear difference, no one expected it, no one approved of it. If you can't tell the difference then it's the same as killing someone with cancer because oh well they were going to die anyway, so what's the problem?

edit on 13-3-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

link   
originally posted by: Pearj

If you don't understand the difference between one that beats an animal abuser, and the abuser...

One does it for a reason we can't even comprehend.
The other, for reasons of rage and revenge.
But, evil is evil...

I know you don't want to hear it - but I'm going to pray for you.

Hon, of course I want to hear it! We all need prayers and right back at you.

Just saying... I have seen people give sweet little rats to live snakes.

I live in an area where eagles, coyotes and pumas take my chickens, pigeons, goat babies and calves, and foals (baby) horses.

Now then again - we as people put LIVE crabs and lobsters in a pot of boiling water - to enjoy them.

It's a twisted world because we're all living in a place where sin rules.

I just don't believe it's right to crucify one, without some understanding.

Thanks for the prayer and I have to say, when you come out and say what you believe in, you rock.

Doesn't mean we have to agree but your ability to get your point across, in a really aggressive way, without being insulting, is commendable. I hope I see you around ATS for a long time.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would love to see what teach has going on in his basement if he can do this stuff in front of kids.

He probably tortures people in a dungeon.

I would get a warrant drawn up.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
originally posted by: Mandroid7

I have half a brain, and am not dumb enough to put my dog, who is my job to protect into harms way in a place predators are know to be.

I've seen cats taken by coyotes in urban areas.

Cats taken by neighbors dogs.

Dogs taken by puma and eagle.

We can do our best to protect, but - wow - then there are CARS! And HOUSE FIRES! And Tornadoes!

Your making a bad argument just to argue.

No, the argument isn’t an argument it’s a fact based on realism.

Humane treatment of everything is what makes us civilized. Even though a few a fd up in the head like this teacher.

Wow, I hope you never have a pet that needs to eat raw meat or even canned meat.

Only difference is you don't have to hear that little chicken or calf scream before it's stuffed in that can or a 'To-Go' bag before you, or your pet gets a great meal.

The old hick argument of "oh that's just nature" when their dog gets eaten by mountain lions, is not nature, it's straight up bad owners and laziness.

And you're on the far side of delusional.

One of my best friends has state of the art video cameras on her horses while they're foaling, PLUS barn hands who are armed and sleep in the barns at night and a puma still got her mares new foal.

Obviously you're only connection with 'real' nature is a program on TV.

edit on 3913Tuesday201813 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Lots of pets missing from that neighbourhood I bet..it's ok though..just science baby

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

That is horrible
. I hope the parents sue this POS!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Yeah, but do you make an attempt to mitigate losses of livestock? I bet you do, or hope you do.

The SOP for humanely killing lobster and crabs is an ice bath.

The SOP for killing a cow is... I don't know, but I know it's not hanging it upside down over a gator pit until it's head gets torn off as it screams.

This is no different than putting the pup in a vise until it's insides come out both ends like it was ran over, then chewing the still alive thing up.

It's not going to be lights out fast if it's brain doesn't get bitten first.

The turtle would do the same thing to a celery stalk in front of it.

Why is violent feeding even a thing they are focusing on?

Play a youtube of turtles feeding in the wild for christ's sakes.

Totally fd up

I'm done in this gross thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Obviously you're only connection with 'real' nature is a program on TV

And you are still confused between "real nature" and "a classroom"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join