It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science teacher fed live puppy to snapping turtle in front of students, witnesses say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My personal opinion:

I would not appreciate ... no I would beyond, not appreciate a teacher doing this in front of my child.
I would not be angry if my son witnessed a snapping turtle devour a sick puppy in the wild, but to be honest, have you ever heard of a snapping turtle eating a puppy in the wild? Because I have never, and I know they are omnivores but...? Also this is America where dogs are generally accepted as pets not lab experiments. (Shouldn't be anyways. What's next, Dog meat festivals?)

I just think there are a lot better ways to show "nature" to a group of young adults. YouTube is free. National Geographic has lots of good "nature eating nature" videos. You can find them all natural, not sick lab teacher induced.

I'm not okay with this for several reasons. Some I am so dumbfounded at the moment I can't even properly explain or dictate on here.

Anyhow there's my personal feelings

-Alee

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Those kids won't ever forget the screams of the puppy - it couldn't of been a slow death.

That dog trusted the "teacher" while he was being placed in the cage. He looked up to him, and needed his help.. I'll be honest about it - it brings tears to my eyes to think from the dogs perspective.

That "teacher" is a sick stupid mother#er

I wish this "teacher" was my neighbor - I can't type what I'd do, but I can say I'd whittle away before an audience of pups, till there was no more teacher.

[snipped]
Community Announcement re: Decorum

edit on Wed Mar 14 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I don't know would the people with pet antelope think it was abuse?

Because here in the US we are humane to our pets.

I would drop him like its hot if he traumatized my kid with that bs.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: sp

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Ever heard of a f'ing vet??? WE are not in the stone age anymore.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

ANY pet can return affections and love humans, me & that class snake got along really well & I swear he had a preference for me & one of my friends. I know corn snakes are easy animals to care for, but he actually came to us and his movement increased, like an excited slither. Even the feed rodents (mice, rats, etc) are capable of bonding to people, you just have to resist that as the feeder of the carnivore. Doesn't do the food server any good to have the meal become a friend, and the other companion risks going hungry because of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj
DUDE YOUR SICK! Get some help, fantasizing about torturing humans? Thats bad man.

a reply to: Nyiah
Thats right, I have also witnessed such behavior with reptiles and fish as well even. I remember a red oscar my friend had that would always snap and try to get my finger when teasing him at the top of a tank. But my friend would put his finger there, and the fish would stare at him like "oh no, I won't bite me daddy now" .

Not sure how he managed that, but I always thought it was a funny trick. I don't know about arachnids though. I never had them alive long enough to test the concept. One scorpion ate another. And my only tarantula escaped in middle school.

I had a cool iguana I would take for walks around the apartments in elementary school though. Kids used to think that was so cool lol!
edit on 3-13-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Who's to say reptiles and turtles can't 'love' just because they don't show it like a puppy?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yeah, it's also a known sign of a sociopath, often shown in the childhood behaviors of killers.

Not good.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Life feeds on life. That much is a fact.
I would not feed a still living pup to a turtle.
It may have had a chance to survive.
At least put it down so that suffering is minimized.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
originally posted by: [post=23226752]Pearj

Those kids won't ever forget the screams of the puppy - it couldn't of been a slow death.

How do you know the puppy screamed?

That dog trusted the "teacher" while he was being placed in the cage. He looked up to him, and needed his help.. I'll be honest about it - it brings tears to my eyes to think from the dogs perspective.

How do you know the dog trusted the teacher?

I wish this "teacher" was my neighbor - I can't type what I'd do, but I can say I'd whittle away before an audience of pups, till there was no more teacher.

So, it's NOT ok to take a dying puppy and feed an animal that would have naturally eaten it if it had found it outside someone's home in Florida - but - You can't repeat what YOU would do to a HUMAN BEING, but you will insinuate you would 'whittle away before an audience'...

What makes you any better than that teacher?

The puppy being sick, in nature, would have been eaten by a crow, a snake, a turtle, a bird of prey, another dog even.

But you? Would torture another human being to death 'piece by piece' with an audience?

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I'm kind of thinking you might want to look in the mirror on this one, lol.
edit on Wed Mar 14 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Yep, nature is one thing..this is something else. Most reptiles will accept non live food..it's a truly sick POS that feeds a live puppy sick or not, to anything.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
IF i had been in that class, my chair would have been rifled at the teachers face... followed by my fist

Sick F***

edit on 13-3-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Thats right, I have also witnessed such behavior with reptiles and fish as well even. I remember a red oscar my friend had that would always snap and try to get my finger when teasing him at the top of a tank. But my friend would put his finger there, and the fish would stare at him like "oh no, I won't bite me daddy now" .

Bettas are EXCELLENT examples of fish that get very attached to their humans. I've never had one, but I've known several people who have, and watching the fish swim speed laps around the tank when they come home after being gone all day is tantamount to watching an excited dog with fins run in circles. They know their humans, and many get really attached to them.

People who say only a cat or a dog is capable of bonding & loving have obviously never had much interaction with much else.
edit on 3/13/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I like puppies.

This makes me sad.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
The puppy being sick, in nature, would have been eaten by a crow, a snake, a turtle, a bird of prey, another dog even.

In FL, that would have been high odds of being alligator dinner, or python dinner. People have no clue how many pets those two alone eat down there. Pretty sure our Yorkie that got loose when I was a kid was eaten by a gator eventually, he bolted in the direction of a nearby swamp & we never saw him again.
edit on 3/13/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I thought humans were just animals too, right?

Are they too good to be put in my cage?

I deem the "teacher" to be sick. So I'm sure he understands my need to feed - why don't you?

Does your allotment only go one way?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
They need to show young people what it looks like when a human is killed by a gun. 1300 child/teen gun murders every year in the USA. They expect some video game, or action movie, effect.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

What would you have done if you were living where I do and let your puppy out and coyote ran off with it in it's mouth to feed it's babies?

Healthy puppy - healthy coyote needing meat for it's puppies?

Would it have been accpetable to take a gun to one, because the wild one was trying to feed it's puppies?

edit on 5641Tuesday201813 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Here it's coyotes and eagles.

Shoot one of them to protect your 'puppy' and watch what happens.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Thats a little different wouldn't you say?

You let your puppy out where there are natural predators, you take that risk...

Dropping a puppy into a snapping turtles tank is just cruel and disgusting...

Puppy is sick? Take it to the vet...

teacher is sick... Kick his ass with a chair and drop his ass into the tank

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join