It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student walkouts scheduled all over US

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

Certainly seems that way at times. The vast majority are going to be just fine. They either are already, or soon will be when they finish growing up.

Though one can't help but wonder sometimes...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Time for the adults to address the people behind pushing politics through school children.

The whole country needs to step in, every parent.

Time for a class action lawsuit so big we are all paid back years of taxes.

This is a direct threat to their futures for politics and gun control.

Heads need to roll for the organization of this.

Who has organized this?

Call a lawyer if you live in any of these districts, this is a great way to become a quick millionaire.

This is incredibly disturbing.

It's not even about the kids being stupid, kids are stupid, that's why they are in school.

They are being taught guns are bad, and they should fight to remove their own rights.

This is some hitler, communist, north Korea grade psyops using children.

Unfreakin' real.

Why do they want everyone so disarmed? Sketchy as hell

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Dp..sorry
edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: dp

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

PEACEABLY assembly is

That is what they will be doing so my point is valid.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And , as this is protesting a President just for who he is

That is not what they are doing this for.

duties of citizens to each other as members of a political body

Ty for the full quote but I think most people here already knew it.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I wonder how many of those teachers and administrators realize that they could solve a huge part of the problem if they'd just have the backbone to address bullying in a meaningful way in their schools.

Seems most of these school shootings are from perceived losers who been bullied. The school my kids go to is extremely good in this area and they have had no issues or seen issues for 10 years, but we all know the country is so different as to where you live.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Protesting is one of those rights.

Someone needs a civics lesson.

Because NOWHERE does it say protesting is a RIGHT.

PEACEABLY assembly is.

And there is no right to run around and whine like a two year to take away other peoples rights.

Pretty much the entire idea behind a constitutional REPUBLIC.

"Deny ignorance," lol.

Dummy. Protesting is most definitely a right.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Gothmog

And , as this is protesting a President just for who he is

That is not what they are doing this for.

duties of citizens to each other as members of a political body

Ty for the full quote but I think most people here already knew it.

No , the real reason is the Teacher's Unions...
Like I said , using students for political gain

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The title should actually read as "Mass Snowflake walkouts scheduled all over US"...

2nd

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

This isn't students organizing this it's the schools. I actually got a message from my sons school saying they had discussed this with the students and have made arrangements to accommodate the students. So they set the idea get students involved then try to set back and say they did it.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I wonder how many who plan to skip school are members of gangs. I wonder how many of their parents are guun control activists.

Any skipping school for this deserve disciplinary action.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
This almost makes me want to home school my kids. There is no way in hell I want my kids to be brain washed into the leftist ideology of schools now. Students and teachers are more focused on social issues instead of learning and preparing for the real world.

What the hell is wrong with this country? Learning math, literature, history, science is no longer important all of a sudden?

Only almost? Go for it. We have home schooled for quite some time now. Graduated the older son, and he's a responsible, working, sensible adult. Three teens still in, and they are all good kids, well above average in their education, modest, well-behaved, and sensible. Safe, too, from some crazed shooter, or false flag, or drug dealer, or racist, or whatever. My school, the staff is definitely armed! It takes a little work, but is so worth the effort.

They will be in class tomorrow, too!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I wonder how many who plan to skip school are members of gangs. I wonder how many of their parents are guun control activists.

really? Anybody protesting is a banger? When those good Christiand at the Westbough Baptist Church came into our community to protest (thats a stretch BTW, they came to tell us those kids were in hell) the spike in teen suicides the kids left classes to counter protest. Are they lumped into the banger group?

My son's entire district is allowing both High Schools to protest and have the reading and moments of silence for the victims. The faculty will join them as will any parent who want to participate. (We will be there and I'm a gun owner)

First off its a civics lesson and a lesson in free speech.
Its also trying to focus on non violent forms of protest
Its a lesson in the right to assembly etc etc etc.

I'm curious as to why some feel so threatened by this? If you think a 20 minute walkout will brainwash your child into one view or another, then perhaps you should evaluate your parenting and as many have suggested home school so you will not have to live with this type of fear. Nothing wrong with homeschooling IMHO. I had 3 years of it when we lived overseas and did fine.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Im2keul

Well since they have to be 21 to buy a gun.

None of us have to listen to them or pay attention to their fake outrage.

Until such time.

Eighteen for anything but a handgun, most places. Not Walmart or Dicks, but they can be stupid and lose business if they wish. The one we recently bought, an 18-year-old could buy (Academy Sports), and a 16-year-old can possess, legally, where we live.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I wonder how many who plan to skip school are members of gangs. I wonder how many of their parents are gun control activists.

really? Anybody protesting is a banger?

Reading comprehension matters. I said that I wonder how many are, not that all, or most, or even any are. Just that I wonder. Get it yet?

When those good Christiand at the Westbough Baptist Church came into our community to protest (thats a stretch BTW, they came to tell us those kids were in hell) the spike in teen suicides the kids left classes to counter protest. Are they lumped into the banger group?

So, now you want to toss in a cult, claim it's Christian, and further deflect? This isn't about a right to "protest", which is actually a right to peacefull assemble), but is about gun control, and about students being used as pawns. Since most of these planned "student walkouts" are in heavily gun-controlled areas, that also are heavy crime areas, with much gang activity, it isn't unreasonable to wonder.

My son's entire district is allowing both High Schools to protest and have the reading and moments of silence for the victims. The faculty will join them as will any parent who want to participate. (We will be there and I'm a gun owner)

Is your gun a flintlock? Some other sort of single shot antique? This is about banning all semi-automatic weapons, which means, literally, virtually all modern guns. Combining a moment of silence for murdered students with a push to remove people's rights is flat out wrong.

First off its a civics lesson and a lesson in free speech.
Its also trying to focus on non violent forms of protest
Its a lesson in the right to assembly etc etc etc.

A lesson in free speech, when the goal is to remove another right? How about we ban free speech? How about we set age limits on that, and require permits, and set speech-free zones???

Civics lesson my eye!

I'm curious as to why some feel so threatened by this? If you think a 20 minute walkout will brainwash your child into one view or another, then perhaps you should evaluate your parenting and as many have suggested home school so you will not have to live with this type of fear. Nothing wrong with homeschooling IMHO. I had 3 years of it when we lived overseas and did fine.

Threatened? No. Disgusted that Leftist control freaks will use kids to push a globalist agenda? Yeppers.

We already home school, and my kids think crap like this is stupid They actually study (or have studied) Civics, and know their actual rights.

Nor do kids in public schools need to be told to fear a school shooting. Such things are rare. They are far more likely to be killed in a car, or by urban violence, than they are to be shot in a school. Evvaluate your own parenting, using your kids in such a fashion.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm>>>> I can relate a funny story about this that just happened today. We were eating dinner at a favorite local place and a couple in the next booth mentioned the walkout. The lady said she was supposed to wear orange, as a teacher, but the only orange clothing she had was a blaze orange hunting vest. She laughed saying she didn't think it was appropriate. I laughed at that too, that would be an attention getter. I wonder if a student that chose to wear an NRA T shirt or hunting camo shirt would get resistance?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So.. some of you feel your rights for guns are under attack?

Why not go out and have a protest yourself? I heard there is no law against peaceful protesting.

I am on the side of everyone who wants school-shootings to stop! If you want that too, I am on your side.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

For me its that this is being painted by media as student organized. Its admin/union organized.

Its not the grass roots effort its being portrayed as.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm literally talking about this with my coworker as I type this. The sick part, is that this is scheduled by THE SCHOOLS.

The children aren't organizing this. The student groups aren't organizing this. This isn't a protest, in reference to the students.

This is a protest by the School Employees, using the children as an emotional appeal to parade around in front of cameras so they can have their 15 minutes of fame.

This is nothing but sick and wrong, and I don't think there is a word strong enough for my feelz

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I don't only support the students participating in this, I encourage them. It's happened in the past and god willing will continue in the future. Some student walkouts/protests have led to some serious changes and solutions.

Childrens' March 1963
East LA
March of the Mill Children
Time article regarding the history
Partial list of global examples

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join