It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student walkouts scheduled all over US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Is there a walkout scheduled for Virginia Tech?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I would have walked home, took off with my 22 and wreaked havoc on the ground squirrels. I might have had an opinion, but an opportunity to go play would have trumped all of that. Kids are still the same, no matter how adult they think they are.

Yes, it's on the parents.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

On March 14, at 10 a.m. ET, administrators, allies, and students of all ages will collectively leave classrooms in protest of Congress’ “inaction” on gun reform

How bout those morons read existing laws.

Unfortunately you can't fix stupid.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Ahabstar

Not just the first amendment which they seem to understand well enough...

But all the others, too, which they seem all too willing to discard, and/or disregard.

Seems to me that all these kids are saying is that they don’t want to be afraid that they’ll be shot to death while attending school, and they are tired of hearing the supposed adults telling them that issue is too complicated to do anything about, right now, but they’ll talk about it.

How is that in any way a demonstration on the kids’ part of their willingness to disregard/discard any amendment, or any part of the Constitution?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Triple post!
edit on 13-3-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Student walk outs in the some of the states that have the most restrictive gun control LAWS on the books.

California,

New York.

Washington DC.

Illinois the home of Chicago.

Stage event.

I wonder who paid for this snip?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Seems to me that all these kids are saying is that they don’t want to be afraid that they’ll be shot to death while attending school, and they are tired of hearing the supposed adults telling them that issue is too complicated to do anything about, right now, but they’ll talk about it.

Seems to me the usual suspects ought to read the Gun Free Zone Act of 1990.

Obvious agenda is OBVIOUS.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
"Take the guns first, due process second."
- Some high school kids

Talk about snowflakes.

Speaking of Bill Clinton and Feinsteins Assault weapons/Semi auto bans?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I wonder who paid for this snip?

You know, in this case it isn't Soros... the teachers, themselves, paid Soros and then worked for him.
www.michigancapitolconfidential.com...

Yet, the NEA is a major supporter of America Votes, which came under national scrutiny this week after a report by The Center for Public Integrity portrayed it as a "secret liberal group" that was financing liberal causes.

Michigan teachers who belong to the Michigan Education Association pay $180 a year to the NEA as part of their dues.

America Votes is just one of the many progressive causes supported by the NEA, a teachers union that at one time boasted about the numerous conservatives it had among its 3 million dues paying members.

A 2005-06 NEA survey found that 45 percent of teachers under 30 classified themselves as conservative and 63 percent of teachers age 40 to 49 classified themselves as conservative.

But on its most recent federal filing, only one Republican group was listed as the recipient of NEA money. The union gave $25,000 to Republican Main Street Partnership in 2012-13. That group is a coalition of moderate Republicans who have been called the GOP's version of the Blue Dog Democrats, a group of Democrats who consider themselves to be more conservative than most of their colleagues in the party.

This is why the pending SCOTUS decision on public sector unions is so damn important. Break the unions and we break both the leg standing on the head of America's workers and the leg tickling political legs under the table.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

On March 14, at 10 a.m. ET, administrators, allies, and students of all ages will collectively leave classrooms in protest of Congress’ “inaction” on gun reform

How bout those morons read existing laws.

Unfortunately you can't fix stupid.

That reads like a scheduled activity to me, not a student protest.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Im2keul

Well since they have to be 21 to buy a gun.

None of us have to listen to them or pay attention to their fake outrage.

Until such time.
edit on 13-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
If it were my kids in elementary or high school, they'd get their butts beat for skipping school.

If it were my kid in college doing this and I was helping pay their way.....they would be "defunded", as I'm not paying for them to go "protest"

Sit them down with paper, pen, envelope, stamps and the addresses of their reps and senators. They can voice their opinion that way.

My two boys in high school will not participate. They do not think it is the right message or reason. As to college, they understand very well what are their rights and privileges and that the vast majorly what they see as important to them are actually privileges. They also know that daddy is and always will be the alpha male in his house, unlike many other families where the kids have taken over.

edit on 13-3-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I was in a school today working in the MC upgrading their lab to win7 when the principal got on the PA and mentioned something about a walkout tomorrow and that whoever was assigned to be in the walkout would be wearing all black.
I guess she was referring to this

At the time I didn’t have a clue what they were talking about. So this is a protest over the slaughter of children in schools in the US.

Only in the US, I believe.

I think it’s a good thing. More power to them

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
We have a son that want's to walk out an participate in this protest. We asked him what he was protesting. He couldn't really answer coherently so we said no way. Figure out what you're protesting and then we'll talk. LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Isnt this more that kids are having schools shut down by administrators?

How do they have a list of schools planning to participate? Which adults are exploiting kids?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If an epidemic in your workplace was going on and multiple gun-toting madmen were going there are slaughtering co-workers damn near every week wouldn’t you respond?

Don’t you folks give a damn about your own children?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
We have a son that want's to walk out an participate in this protest. We asked him what he was protesting. He couldn't really answer coherently so we said no way. Figure out what you're protesting and then we'll talk. LOL

Maybe he's afraid.

If you were in his shoes and your workplace was targeted then how would you respond?

The American CHILDREN population are frightened

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

So the kids protest, I seriously doubt that will have a big impact on current gun owners.

Not until they get older and really start to vote and participate in politics.
To me this protest is more about showing the US who the next group of politicians are going to be.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
If an epidemic in your workplace was going on and multiple gun-toting madmen were going there are slaughtering co-workers damn near every week wouldn’t you respond?

Don’t you folks give a damn about your own children?

Please. That is so damned tired...let that horse rest.

This is simply adult professionals assigning students to protest as their proxies. Why do they not just protest? Close down school for the day or somethimg. But they don't do that.....they show up for work and send students away in an act of protest by proxy.

Its just stupid histrionics. And the "for the children" crap is just a disgusting appeal to emotion. All paid for by us taxpayers.
edit on 3/13/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join