It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree on that. It's a Neanderthals way of thinking. Yet it happens...

It takes all of us to make the world go around as it does today. At least we don't have to like everyone that makes their judgements about other people.

Perhaps the folks over at Neanderthal Pride Eon, will be offended?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: FHomerK

My aunts mom was the director for planned parenthood in this region for 20+ years. I used to get tshirts from her that said stuff like, "Im ok, you're ok, God doesn't make junk".

The irony through a rearward lense.....

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Nothin
"Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation".

What say you?
Ire has been drawn? Oh my!

Being proud of one's color of skin: is quite ridiculous.
'Cause you had nothing to do with it.

Are you proud of having 10 toes?
Are you proud of having elbows?

Ego-traps are about. Can you see any?

Nothing to do with it? How about your DNA has been working for billions of years to make it. To say you have nothing to do with it is STUPID.

So you've been working on your DNA for billions of years, have ya?
Manage to develop any interesting traits yet?

How much more work do you figure you'll need, to reach the point where you don't need to try to insult other folks?

BTW: sorry to inform you that your attempt to insult me was unsuccessful.
Don't need any insults today.
So one of us is stuck with a big sticky label, that says "STUPID" on it.
It might be best for all, if it was just carefully folded-up, sticky-side to sticky-side, and tossed in the trash.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: WarPig1939
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree on that. It's a Neanderthals way of thinking. Yet it happens...

It takes all of us to make the world go around as it does today. At least we don't have to like everyone that makes their judgements about other people.

Perhaps the folks over at Neanderthal Pride Eon, will be offended?

Lets hope so. I'm tired of their stone age customs.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It should say stop blaming white people. blame the democrats for Slavery, Eugenics, Japanese interment camps, and slaughter of Indians. I mean it was all done under Democrats, why does everyone else get blamed for Dems history?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Being proud of one's "race" be it black or white is the problem. It's just a skin color and until people start recognizing it as such and taking responsibility of themselves as a human being and not a skin tone and start seeing others the same and refusing to accept race being applied to them or others, the longer these issues will remain.

Race is nothing to be proud of, it's also nothing one should be ashamed of either. It's simply an artificial concept that refuses to go away because ignorant morons of all shades refuse to let it go. This goes for the morons blaming people of white skin for their problems as well as people like you claiming to be proudly white.

Being proud of being a certain race is a great trait of being able to call yourself human.

Being proud of every coincidence in the world that ended up with your creation.

You’re trying to shame people into thinking history is unacceptable in a present society.

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history," George Orwell

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Barrage of racism towards whites? *Yawn* Wake me when white people are and enslaved, institutionally segregated and forced to drink out of separate water fountains. Until then for white people to complain about racism is laughable and as ignorant as anybody else complaining about "racism" who wouldn't know what true racism was if it got up and slapped them in the mouth!!

Ignorant much?

Guess you never heard of the Barbary slave trade? Over a million whites were captured as slaves.

What about the Christian slave trade?

What about the Ottoman slave trade?

What about the Roman slave trade?

Educate yourself.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ZombieZygote

As for that person's username, I actually see people call out the blatant hypocrisy of it about every other week. 😂

Because they have to resort to my username to make themselves feel better about their opinions probably. The lowest form of debate is personal attacks on someone.

I think he is saying it makes you a target when you pretend to be something you clearly aren't. Without the user name you would be just like any other opinionated bastard on ATS (such as myself).

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Here in N.J. there are alot of Peeps who see the Irony in that , including those of Other Hues..............)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Sounds like someone trying to perpetuate racism passive aggressively to me. I'm sure they knew what the reaction from people would be which is why they probably did it. I don't really care though, people can do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and it's pretty dumb to launch an investigation on it, waste of taxpayer money.

I think there is a large percentage of white people that also blame white people. When people have life failures they don't blame themselves anymore so someone is to blame.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah , but White makes Right . Sometimes......)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Its time we all just allow people to be who they are and stop worrying about color or race. We all bleed the same color, and we all breath the same air. Xofwg

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hardly. It's proclaiming pride for their race and asking others to do so for themselves. Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneWolfxofwg
Its time we all just allow people to be who they are and stop worrying about color or race. We all bleed the same color, and we all breath the same air. Xofwg

Spot on! Can we use drop the races and refer to each other as humans!??

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

So the true way to combat racism is to become apathetic? Let other people that “cannot be racist” be racist to us because they can? When should it end? When we give everything to them? When we become their slaves? When we pay them “I’m sorry” money each month? When we vacate our homes for their families free of charge?

When we're hanging from trees, that's when.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

So the true way to combat racism is to become apathetic? Let other people that “cannot be racist” be racist to us because they can? When should it end? When we give everything to them? When we become their slaves? When we pay them “I’m sorry” money each month? When we vacate our homes for their families free of charge?

When we're hanging from trees, that's when.

See that’s another thing where people fail to portray history incorrectly. We already did.

There is no count of recorded lynchings which claims to be precise, and their numbers vary depending on the source, the years considered, and the definition used to define an incident. The Tuskegee Institute has recorded 3,446 blacks and 1,297 Whites being lynched between 1882 and 1968, with the annual peak occurring in the 1890s, at a time of economic stress in the South and political suppression of blacks

Link

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Barrage of racism towards whites? *Yawn* Wake me when white people are and enslaved, institutionally segregated and forced to drink out of separate water fountains. Until then for white people to complain about racism is laughable and as ignorant as anybody else complaining about "racism" who wouldn't know what true racism was if it got up and slapped them in the mouth!!

If a young white kid is bullied because of their race should they not be allowed to complain about it? How many generations would they have to wait before it’s acceptable to complain?

Isn’t it better to condemn all acts of racism? Racism in the past shouldn’t be used to justify racism in the present or the future or else it’s a never ending cycle where one group feels that the past justifies them treating another group poorly.

Black people in the US were definitely treated poorly, but throughout history there have been instances of one group mistreating another. If history is going to be used to justify treating people horribly then how far back can every group go? I don’t understand why the high road of not being racist isn’t the best answer instead of trying to justify why one group or another has less claim to saying they don’t like being judged because of something they have no control over

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
this needed an investigation?

yeah we need new leadership

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Good on whoever made that sign! Personally, I'm sick of being labeled a racist just because I'm white! I feel I'm being shoved/forced into the racist lane with all the anti-white everything. If you want whites to be racist (who weren't before) well then you're doing a stellar job!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
what are they investigating? And how do I get my name on that payroll? I would milk the hell out of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join