It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
"Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation".

What say you?
Ire has been drawn? Oh my!

Being proud of one's color of skin: is quite ridiculous.
'Cause you had nothing to do with it.

Are you proud of having 10 toes?
Are you proud of having elbows?

Ego-traps are about. Can you see any?

Nothing to do with it? How about your DNA has been working for billions of years to make it. To say you have nothing to do with it is STUPID.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: SailorJerry

a reply to: notsure1

"Hey guys, everyone look at this singular anecdote so we can make sweeping generalizations and reaffirm our preexisting beliefs without challenging our thinking in any way whatsoever!"

Funny considering everyone is automatically calling it racist because it challenges their viewpoint on whether it actually IS or not.

Take your own medicine

Lol ok. Thanks for assuming I'm too stupid to get something so easy to see.

and yet you pointed a finger anyway? now where is the intellectual honesty in that?

No I derided a thread for being useless and bait worthy. Somehow that offends you though. I guess you like making fun of liberals more than having an honest conversation on the topic.

Im not offended in any way.

Also what does this have to do with political stance? Making MORE assumptions again, like you JUST derided the thread for?

Ive pointed your hypocrisy out 2 times so far in less than half a page and 2 posts.

Perhaps you need to look a little harder at yourself before making accusations about other people?

Again take your own medicine

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Nothin
"Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation".

What say you?
Ire has been drawn? Oh my!

Being proud of one's color of skin: is quite ridiculous.
'Cause you had nothing to do with it.

Are you proud of having 10 toes?
Are you proud of having elbows?

Ego-traps are about. Can you see any?

Nothing to do with it? How about your DNA has been working for billions of years to make it. To say you have nothing to do with it is STUPID.

Oh ok, so did you consciously choose the color of skin you were born with?

I think the poster was pretty clear with what they were trying to say

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

You clearly don't even know what I'm talking about. Plus I'm not sure you know what the word "hypocrisy" means.

Here's you: "People are taking the bait and calling the sign racist! QED"
Yeah. I get it. It's not that exciting. Baiting people happens all the time.
edit on 5-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Here's you: "People are taking the bait and calling the sign racist! QED"

Please copy and paste where I said that.

Yeah. I get it. It's not that exciting. Baiting people happens all the time.

Like when you come into a thread and say

a reply to: notsure1 "Hey guys, everyone look at this singular anecdote so we can make sweeping generalizations and reaffirm our preexisting beliefs without challenging our thinking in any way whatsoever!"

You know like you just did? Like you just tried to bait?

and then this time when you tried to bait

. I guess you like making fun of liberals

When I have said absolutely nothing about political affiliations?

Its pretty clear I know what hypocrisy is, and its awfully apparent youre on a roll with it in this thread

At least have some integrity and admit you were trying to bait, instead of stringing this whole thing in out denial when its so apparent what you were doing.
edit on 5-3-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

You can climb into my sleeper cab any time!

I'm Scottish, Irish, Sioux and Cherokee...

I'm royally screwed... where's MY damned month?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Actually skin color prob began to vary WAY later than even millions of years..

We have only been modern humans for 200,000k years.. racial diversity likely comes from 50k years ago..

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I’m Chickasaw, Irish Italian, german and Dutch on my mother’s side alone lol and we all came from Africa..

Every month is my month.. lol

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Your hyperbole doesn't apply to my beliefs or opinions.

Hyperbole, or next logical conclusion?

Personally I think all of this will end in self-segregation by the black community, especially when they realize they're being left behind in favor of the newest protected classes.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Posting signs of any kind -- controversial or not -- at the post office is “strictly prohibited,” Kliemisch said.

And yet they still keep my wanted poster up.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

I never understood black history month , to me black history and white history here is just American history.

You don't understand something, so you equate it something else and keep it moving.

Classic.
Im wondering what about that has you so offended?

I could not have been anymore unracist with that comment IMO.

I was saying there should be no distinction because black people and white people are the same thing..

AMERICANS .

They are my American brothers. And because they are Americans I would choose them over any white person from another country.

But Go ahead and figure out a way to be offended by what I sad.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

This is a great idea. We just finished celebrating black history month. Perhaps it is a good idea to celebrate white history as well.

Let just celebrate American history.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

"Hey guys, everyone look at this singular anecdote so we can make sweeping generalizations and reaffirm our preexisting beliefs without challenging our thinking in any way whatsoever!"

WTF are you taking about?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I can agree mostly. I just feel equality will never be reached as long as we live in the past.

And we are all equal IMO.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

When I was in HS in the D.C. burbs, I remember a t-shirt that was popular which said "It's a BLACK thing. You wouldn't understand...".

I *desperately* wanted to get a t-shirt that said something to the effect of...

"It's an asian, female, native american indian, irish, russian, german, insane, religious, thinkers, gay, straight, bi, queer, f*d up, martian, venezualan, kryptonian, italian, somalian, puerto rican, canuck, Alaskan (proud to be!), endangered animal, desi, drummer, mathematician, bartender, psychic, mouth-breather, hawaiian, french, thing..... yes, you frakking understand, because we're all human, you idiot!"

I am SOO damned sick of the self proclaimed victim brigade.....

Get over yourself. There is nothing you've experienced or been forced to suffer through that makes you special.....

Unless we're talking short yellow bus special.

edit on 5-3-2018 by FHomerK because: 'cuz, www.thefearlessdray.com ....

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Loving that sign, see this is part of what common sense used to be. I'm talking about taking responsibility of course.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK
a reply to: JoshuaCox

When I was in HS in the D.C. burbs, I remember a t-shirt that was popular which said "It's a BLACK thing. You wouldn't understand...".

I *desperately* wanted to get a t-shirt that said something to the effect of...

"It's an asian, female, native american indian, irish, russian, german, insane, religious, thinkers, gay, straight, bi, queer, f*d up, martian, venezualan, kryptonian, italian, somalian, puerto rican, canuck, Alaskan (proud to be!), endangered animal, desi, drummer, mathematician, bartender, psychic, mouth-breather, hawaiian, french, thing..... yes, you frakking understand, because we're all human, you idiot!"

I am SOO damned sick of the self proclaimed victim brigade.....

Get over yourself. There is nothing you've experienced or been forced to suffer through that makes you special.....

Unless we're talking short yellow bus special.

Perhaps a red T-shirt emblazoned with, "It's a Deplorable Thing.....you wouldn't understand."

edit on 3/5/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

For sure...I'm not advocating living in the past, I'm advocating a better understanding of it so that we can continue to do the good things and learn from the terrible.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

My aunts mom was the director for planned parenthood in this region for 20+ years. I used to get tshirts from her that said stuff like, "Im ok, you're ok, God doesn't make junk".

The irony through a rearward lense.....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join