It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: radiusnode

So now bullying is racism? Snowflake much? Like I said wake me up when whites have crosses burning in their front yards, are being hung from trees and forced through separate entrances and drink from separate water fountains until then you're crying a lot of wolf!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
white people have no problem blaming others but when faced with the same issue theres a problem. LOL typical

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
white people have no problem blaming others but when faced with the same issue theres a problem. LOL typical

Go ahead and name a racial group that has attempted to make amends for perceived injustices more than whites, I'd love to hear it.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Or someone was just tired of all the white apologists. It is quite tiring to constantly be told I'm evil because of the color of my skin.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

So now bullying is racism? Snowflake much? Like I said wake me up when whites have crosses burning in their front yards, are being hung from trees and forced through separate entrances and drink from separate water fountains until then you're crying a lot of wolf!!!

Bullying someone because of their race is not racism? What would it be then? So bullying by calling someone the N word is not racist at all? So all the blacks offended by that are snowflakes now? Does your comment win the s### post of the year war award? It’s pretty damn close.

Seriously? No one today has to put up with those things. Stop acting like it’s the 1950’s.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   

You would probably laugh and say its deserved.

Wake me up when America becomes that again. Take that red pill and throw it in the trash because someone like you will never be red pilled.

Most whites are just tired of the double standards that exist in the media and entertainment. Tons of examples out there that if the word white was replaced with black you would have a melt down.

People like you are the most racist as you will justify racism as long as it isnt coming from someone with a lighter skin tone.
edit on 6-3-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Racist....there are people who lived through the civil rights movement of the 50's and 60's who would love to come back from the dead and smack the # out of anyone out here crying racism for ANYTHING.

I mean, I blame white people for dumb # all the time. I am white so does that make me racist? No. It is not even about hate. It is thinking you are superior and that is different from hate or prejudice.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I mean, damn. This is gonna be hard. I wake up blaming whitey for the sun being too bright every morning, and the sky is grey as all Hades where I live. I just have that much hate in my heart.

Just kidding.

But honestly, I'm not surprised by the general response here. I've hardly posted at all in a good few years because of it, but I've lurked just to see how folks will rationalise anything as long as it runs counter to the "Leftist Agenda".

Still, I'm tired of being told by white people that I blame them for all of my problems. Now I'm sure posters here would say something along the lines of "we're not pointing fingers, but if you feel attacked then maybe you're part of the problem". But I hear it every day, unsolicited, from strangers, customers, and even some of my friends. It's rarely (if ever) directed at me, but by gosh if a lot of the people I come across aren't vociferous about it.

Well here's the thing, guys: I have a buttload of problems:

- I tend to procrastinate on personal projects, meaning I do things like posting on ATS for the first time in over 9000 years to avoid them

- I do stupid, irresponsible things like vaulting fences to catch a bus so that I don't have to wait for thirty minutes, shattering my shin in the process and being on medical leave for three months while living abroad

- I get scared on dates and run away to pee behind a tree after my date invites me to use the toilet at her house (true story)

- I very occasionally forget to turn off cooking appliances, which invariably results in small explosions.

I do not blame white people for any of the above, or the secondary issues which happen to stem from them. That being said, I don't even blame Average White Guy down the street for the perpetuation of systemic racism. It's bigger than any one person, or even most people.

I hate racism, but I don't hate racists. Racists aren't (always) murderers, or rapists, or even evil. They're just wrong - sometimes wittingly so - and can benefit from participating in that system.

Where Black History Month is concerned (and it's relevant, because why propose a Stop Blaming White People Month right after the month which North America chooses to celebrate black history?), I feel that a lot of people miss the point. It's not because "we wuz kangz, but den slaves" or whatever.

I mean, that is something to do with it, but it's largely due to the fact that the Atlantic slave trade stripped the diaspora of their culture, their names, their languages, and all sorts in the effort to establish a permanent, generational slave underclass.

The Arab slave trade, African/African-American slave owners, and Irish indentured servants are often referenced in rebuttal to any claim of the specific injustices waged against African captives. But these all miss the point. We're talking about large groups of people that were formally dehumanized. All the hallmarks of what makes us human were denied to them, and their descendants for centuries.

Now I could moan about everything that happened during and after these atrocities, but that is still missing the point of Black History Month. The real point is that I, and many like me, are direct products of that system, but we have no traceable identity because of it.

When I was five or six, my class demonstrated a special assembly on "Where We Come From". Naturally, I asked my parents for help, and they were faced with answering an almost impossible question. It went something like this:

Me: So Granddad, Nana, Grandma, and Gramps are from the West Indies?
Them: Yep.
Me: And their parents?
Them: Uh-huh.
Me: And theirs?
Them: Errr... yeah.
Me: How long did we (our family) live there?
Them: Uhhhhhh...

It didn't take me long to discover that black people weren't native to the Caribbean, but I was resentful of my Scottish, French, Spanish, Chinese, and yes, even my Nigerian and Ghanaian peers who were able to trace their respective genealogies back however many centuries.

I cannot do that, and never will. I have no ages-spanning history to take pride in, because it was taken from me before my great-great-grandparents were even born. It was the West that took this from the African diaspora, and that is why they concede to us Black History Month. When I say they, I do not mean you. I mean a system: a nexus of antiquated ideals geared towards maintaining inequality on a myriad levels for material gain.

When I say I hate racism, or sexism, or white supremacy, or whatever, I'm not saying that the white man is my enemy. I owe so many positive experiences throughout my life to white individuals. But the system is skewed and nuanced to such an insidious degree that even those who don't directly benefit are compelled to uphold it.

I'm not writing this to disparage or pontificate. I'm writing this because I love what this forum used to be, and I know that if many of you were as reasonable and sceptical of all sources (left and right-wing) before 2016, then the future beyond 2018 is just as hopeful. Thanks for letting me post here.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

BWAHAHAHA..

Didn’t you just tell me people should just shut up about racism...

Hmmm hypocrisy much??

Lol... just lol..

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ihavenoaccount

It is all just propaganda... I would bet dollars to donuts there is about 4 times as many public reverse racism accusations as there are racism accusations..

Conservatives have been finding random individuals WITH ZERO POWER OR FOLLOWINGS who fit their garbage cartoon stereotypes. Then pretending like those nobodies are a perfect reflection of whatever group they are villianizing that week..

It is their bread and butter..

I mean actually paying attention in one debate, public speaking, rhetoric exc, class that covered logical fallacies would debunk their whole world view..

The sad part is , are they that stupid, or are they willfully ignorant??

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Stop your whining snowflake, I thought the n word was just a word? When minorities complain about racism you say there is no racism but now being bullied is racism GTFOH when I was little I was made fun of by the neighborhood kids for being different it's a part of growing up you don't see me crying racism, grow some thicker skin!
edit on 6-3-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

the notion that all minorities think "white people are evil" is just as ignorant as people thinking "all white people are evil" you cannot look at me with a straight face and say that white people are being oppressed by racism in this country its freaking laughable that some white people have taken to this whoa is me minorities are racist towards us because we're white, you have no idea what racism is!!!!! these people are over exaggerating the perceived horrors that they are enduring, like i said wake me up when white people are experiencing the true horrors of racism in america en masse. right now it seems every group is getting its share of bruises from bigotry and xenophobia including white people but there is no institutional racism just a bunch of snowflakes yelling fire in a theater every chance they get. SMH
edit on 6-3-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The left needs a new playbook. It is hard to gain yards when the other teams know a run is coming.

Well, am certainly not a fan but it seems Alabama can get yards that way. Just not many others can. I recall the Navy's run game was hard to stop last year. I digress.

A spot on observation.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The stupidest thing any human can participate in is pride over their physical characteristics.

Anyone who feels pride over their skin color is an idiot. If you feel i have insulted you....good. I like insulting idiots.

If you want to have pride....earn it. Ill respect that. Unearned pride the stuff of Nazis.

Amen!

The truth. We are all a part of this Earth and we all want to live without someone hurting us or going without food and shelter. Being nice to one another is not rocket science. Do onto those as you want them to do to you.

Don't hate the messengers.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
I would be in favor of having a month to recognize the accomplishment of Americans or Humanity.

Humanity History Month. American Innovation History Month.

No more black, white, latino, native american, asian, or whatever history months.

Something that doesnt have to deal with culture or race or skin color. The point of being American is becoming one from different backgrounds and not trying to rehash the past.

There are no finer words I think could I read. Very nice thought. We have so much tied into finding our differences are our strengths. The only differences society should not tolerate in embracing diversity are those niches where it is ever ok for being callous toward/hating enough to harm others.
edit on 6-3-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Drama much? When was the last time you saw someone swinging from a tree, or the last time someone burned a cross in your yard?

When were you told you had to sit at the back of the bus or drink from a different water fountain?

You are the exact type of person the sign was targeting. Triggered much?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Personally , never but there are absolutely people still alive today who watched lynchings...

It was happening less than a lifetime ago.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

I’ve never been labeled a racist for being white..

Maybe it isn’t all white people, maybe they were referring to you personally..

maybe whoever accused you didn’t mean all white People.. maybe that just meant that you personally were racist..

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: notsure1

Personally , never but there are absolutely people still alive today who watched lynchings...

It was happening less than a lifetime ago.

sure and there has absolutely been lots of white people shot and killed by black people and absolutely lost of white people alive today that witnessed it?

So uhm what is your point? if it has never happened to you or your loved ones?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A "blame white people" sign would prompt no such investigation.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join