It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

BWAHAHAHA..

Didn’t you just tell me people should just shut up about racism...

Hmmm hypocrisy much??

Lol... just lol..

Really Joshua? You're that two dimensional?

Since you're referencing another thread, I'll rehash what I wrote:

This thread is yet another "anti-racism" thread that does nothing but highlight and perpetuate racism. Do you realize you're voluntarily doing the work of those invested in dividing society?

Your thread was basically you standing on a soap box trying to broadcast your view of what a white supremacist is, why it's toxic to society, and even hilariously tried to break down race using your own subjective pseudo-science. Then you put your social justice blinders on and said:

As long as your still using ancient pseudo-science to define your world veiw. You cannot help but lose.

Those are the type of threads that divide people. A thread discussing a sign that was hung in a post office is completely different. If the sign said "stop blaming Asians! Hug an Asian today," it would be equally as funny because it throws a jab at the stupidity behind racism.

Nice try though.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

NO THIS IS THE TYPE OF THREAD THAT DIVIDES PEOPLE..

You know the one you thought was just a hilariously good thing...

My thread pointed out the ridiculousness of the “white genocide” narrative..

This thread that you so whole heartedly supported. Is spouting a logical fallacy SPECIFICALLY meant to divide people over race..

It has never been black vs. white..

It has always been good vs evil, slavery vs abolition, racism vs equality..

You choose your side you are not born to it.. maybe you should ask yourself why you choose to be on the racism side of the issue.
edit on 6-3-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

No legally.. no one was ever convicted for any of them.

Lynchings were legal..

That t is the difference.. it is one thing If a random criminal murders someone then is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.. as has happened in baciclly every case of Black on white crime on history..

Hell, In less tan one life time known innocent black men were jailed or executed just because they didn’t want to set the example that a black person could get away with harming a white person..

The last public torture and murder by a whole town full of white people was in the 1940s..

That is only 80 years ago..

15,000 white Americans watched and cheered and the mayor sent for a photographer...

No one was convicted..

In fact I think it was like 1965 before the first white person was convicted of murdering a black American in the south..
edit on 6-3-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

NO THIS IS THE TYPE OF THREAD THAT DIVIDES PEOPLE..

This thread that you so whole heartedly supported. Is spouting a logical fallacy SPECIFICALLY meant to divide people over race..

Did you intentionally just try to prove my point there? I "whole-heartedly" supported this thread by writing one sentence; that if if someone laughed at this sign it's a step in the right direction. The OP's first words in this thread was that he/she got a laugh out of it. Laughter is what brings people together. If we can take a step back from all the rhetoric and laugh at our own behavior, we remember that we're not all that different to begin with.

Comedians that joke about race consistently like Louis C.K., Dave Chappelle, John Leguizamo do so for the same reason. Would you call them racists?

And yet here you are trying to draw lines in the sand over good vs. Evil as if people can be easily classified according to your own litmus test. And you even try to tell me that I'm on the racist side of the issue. And why? Quite frankly because my opinion differs from you.

THAT, in a nutshell, is why the left does nothing towards diminishing racism. You claim the sword is evil, then use the sword against anyone who disagrees with you.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If anybody who saw that sign got a little laugh out of it, I'd say it's a step in the right direction.

That sounds like whole hearted support to me...

Oh I think it is fair to say slavery and racism are evils..

I think it is obvious what you meant..

“If any other racists out there got a kick out of this racist sign.. I would say that’s a step in the right direction..”

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

“If any other racists out there got a kick out of this racist sign.. I would say that’s a step in the right direction..”

Utter failure..

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Well to me this is funny. Somebody posted a sign on a New Jersey Post office saying March is national stop blaming white people month.

Of course people were triggered and screaming racism and they are going to launch an investigation to find the dastardly racist scum that would dare put up a sign.

I never understood black history month , to me black history and white history here is just American history.

There does not need to be a distinction and it only serves to keep us divided .

Greg Kliemisch, a USPS postal inspector, told NJ.com that the sign was discovered Thursday by postal employees, and was immediately removed.

Posting signs of any kind -- controversial or not -- at the post office is “strictly prohibited,” Kliemisch said.

The sign drew the ire of Flemington Councilwoman Betsy Driver, who criticized it on the public “Flemington Forward” Facebook group.

www.foxnews.com...

It was the extremity of identity politics and social justice that first made me begin to question modern western liberalism. It put the first cracks. This last election and Muh Russia is making the cracks spread.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'm a white guy and no one has ever blamed me for anything.

If you feel like your a victim here, it's probably because your lazy.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I agree, and it's deeply unfortunate even FOR legitimate liberal ideas or policies. It's actually undermining those efforts at this point. I've been saying exactly this for a little bit now. Calling everything and anybody who disagrees racist or sexist isn't just abuse of concepts and irrational, it's pushing away everyone from allies to moderates. It also only gives fuel to opponents. At best, its poor strategy and communications, which is how I approach the topic with my liberal friends.

a reply to: Wookiep

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
a reply to: notsure1

I actually approve of the sign. Wish more people would stand up and be proud of their heritage and who they are as a race.

Do you know the difference between heritage and skin color?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

For me it was my teacher taking stuff away from me to make me share with other students once back in 2nd grade. When i said i didn't want to, i was insulted with the word "greedy".

When I was 19 the first Clinton campaign was going on, and i discussed it with some kids in the dorm. Most of them were Clinton supporting (i was a Perot supporter). While we discussed the idealistic differences it occured to me that the Democrats were like my 2nd grade teacher: they want to take what I have, and call me names if i complain.

I've been "not liberal" ever since.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

That's probably because you don't actually work in liberal orgs. I do. About 5% of people involved project on me because I'm a white male. To the point that other SJW friends there, who range from black guys to white women, have stated exactly that. "He gets a lot of flack for being a white guy." Stop being naive.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Why is this argument relevant when your argument about the bath school massacre being so long ago made it not relevant?

The country elected a black man as POTUS... TWICE . And he was one of the most popular Presidents in American history.

You can not turn on a tv without seeing Steve Harvey or Oprah . Every news cast in the country has one black person and one white person now.

No one is getting lynched these days so stop living in the past.

edit on 6-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

That's probably because you don't actually work in liberal orgs. I do. About 5% of people involved project on me because I'm a white male. To the point that other SJW friends there, who range from black guys to white women, have stated exactly that. "He gets a lot of flack for being a white guy." Stop being naive.

I'm not naive. I'm telling you my experience. I'm almost 50. Been in the Army, in public education, in telecommunications companies, on non profits, in restaraunts, in management, in martial arts, owned several business lived in rural America and big cities like Las Vegas. Not once have i ever been discriminated against because I'm white, no one ever blamed me for anything and I've had a great life.

If you're a white male and life is unfair, it's because your lazy or worse close mindedness and unwillingness to change.
edit on 6-3-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'm not naive. I'm telling you my experience. I'm almost 50. Been in the Army, in public education, in telecommunications companies, on non profits, in restaraunts, in management, in martial arts, owned several business lived in rural America and big cities like Las Vegas. Not once have i ever been discriminated against because I'm white, no one ever blamed me for anything and I've had a great life.

If you're a white male and life is unfair, it's because your lazy or worse close mindedness and unwillingness to change.
Stereotypes and generalizations. You are incorrect. My whole career is social justice and anti poverty work. I assure you I am more involved in it than you. Also, I have three related degrees.

You should'nt assume that because nobody has treated you poorly that no one else has experienced it.

Are you saying that my black friends and Latino roommate are making it up too when they've seen people do it to me?
edit on 6-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Then why did you say it lol

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yea y’all anout tripe..

The only place white people are discriminated against is on the playground, in prison and on the city streets. Which is way less discrimination and way more you encountered a crappy person..

Which is in no way shape or fashion legallized state sanctioned discrimination ..

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Standard identity politics. Discrimination simply isn't defined as ONLY institutional. Also, it's absurd that people like you claim non institutional bias or discrimination represents no harm to people. It creates this false binary of both definition and impact. It's infantile analysis. If you want a social justice debate, I'll run circles around you. Your basic talking points will fall apart quickly.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Stereotypes and generalizations. You are incorrect. My whole career is social justice and anti poverty work. I assure you I am more involved in it than you. Also, I have three related degrees.

You should'nt assume that because nobody has treated you poorly that no one else has experienced it.

Are you saying that my black friends and Latino roommate are making it up too when they've seen people do it to me?

I assure you that I do way more social justice work than you. Seriously. I'm out in the community every day.

I also assure you that any mistreatment you get is minor and has no lasting negative effect on your life. You seem to be choosing to focus on it, and that's your problem. Get over it and move on.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I assure you that I do way more social justice work than you. Seriously. I'm out in the community every day.

I also assure you that any mistreatment you get is minor and has no lasting negative effect on your life. You seem to be choosing to focus on it, and that's your problem. Get over it and move on.
It's my entire job dude. I do it professionally.

You cannot assure me of anything in my experience you piece of s%%t. How dare you tell anyone that bad treatment is nothing, because your narrative requires it. It's ideologues like you who are giving liberalism a bad name and ironically, undermining real social justice work.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join