It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so sick of racist comments directed towards whites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I am so sick of racist comments directed towards whites on TV and Movies.
I just too my Niece to see Shark tales and in the film the fish goes to slap his fin with another one and screws it up. It ok a lot of whitefish can not do it, one of the fish says. Great, teach our kids it is okay to sterotype whites. You can watch TV everynight and see white people sterotyped. They cant dance, they are nerdy, They talk funny, you know that sterotyped nerdy voive I know you have heard before. A white comedian jokes on blacks or any other race, and he is a racist. A black guy jokes on a white person, and it is ok. Even when I was in College sometimes African American students would make a racist comment in class and no one would say anything but me. Everyone els would sit quietly, while I would point out what he said was racist. Its okay for any other race to joke on whites, but whites are not suppose to joke back.

Now some will point out that in the past, African Americans and others where the subject of racist comments on TV. 2 wrongs do not make a right.
Equality needs to be spread all the way. No double standards.:flam

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Either you are overly sensitive in seeing white fishes be ridiculed in a movie!! or you are trolling.

Look on this board, can you find one anti-white post? It is mostly anti-arab, anti-chinese, anti-non-white, anti-alien.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
None of the above. Just notice that its okay in society to say things about whites, that is not okay to say about other races. I think it is insulting, and in our society that is trying to overcome prejudice, we need to stop all stereotypes in the media. Imp concerned, if I take my niece to a movie that has racist stereotype for her to learn. I don’t want her think that anything negative about her race.

By the way it is okay to joke about others in our society, like Gays and Asians and that is wrong too.

You may not care about stereotypes or linguistics used in a bad way, by our media but I do.

Kids grow up following and believing this imagery.

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Snowman9]

[edit on 14-2-2005 by Snowman9]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Well when people think that only colored minorities were the only ones subject to racism in this country and taht somehow allows them to be racist now, I just give them a history lesson.

That before WWII jews often changed their names to catholic sounding names and pretended to be irish just so they would not be persecuted.
The irish when they first came her , Were treated as bad as any other ethnic minority, Instead of using slaves in Coal mines that often collapsed the comment was made that a good slave cost 11dollars and and irish man only cost you 5cents a day.
Italians weren't any better, I'm part latino and it wasn't any better in the southwest(that's right Mexicans are white ,unless mixed with native american blood).
but your right if the joke was how blackfish didn't like the water or how the Brownfish Didn't have WaterInsurance then it would be considered racist.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It is out fear and ignorance. Obviously racism plays a large part in every society. That is not new.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I just want to add i do think the white fish thing is funny.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It's a Mind Pattern or Programming that was implemented in everyone...since birth...

It's also possible that this Mind Pattern was passed from human to human or hybrid via DNA's cellular's memory.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snowman9
I am so sick of racist comments directed towards whites on TV and Movies.
I just too my Niece to see Shark tales and in the film the fish goes to slap his fin with another one and screws it up. It ok a lot of whitefish can not do it, one of the fish says. Great, teach our kids it is okay to sterotype whites. You can watch TV everynight and see white people sterotyped. They cant dance, they are nerdy, They talk funny, you know that sterotyped nerdy voive I know you have heard before. A white comedian jokes on blacks or any other race, and he is a racist. A black guy jokes on a white person, and it is ok. Even when I was in College sometimes African American students would make a racist comment in class and no one would say anything but me. Everyone els would sit quietly, while I would point out what he said was racist. Its okay for any other race to joke on whites, but whites are not suppose to joke back.

Now some will point out that in the past, African Americans and others where the subject of racist comments on TV. 2 wrongs do not make a right.
Equality needs to be spread all the way. No double standards.:flam

Guess I might be "overly sensative" too but I have noticed this happening a lot lately. The Wayans Brothers do it a lot in there movies and it is often used in stand up routines. I understand that African Americans struggled for a long time before they were eventually viewed as “equals” but still there is no excuse for this, especially when they know exactly how it feels to be the victim. It needs to stop for everyone. African Americans and I'm by no means saying all, just a few, need to stop and get over being the victim.

I’m sure that 40-50 years ago if a white student made fun of a black person in class, not all white people participated. I’m sure there were some people that had felt just as you did. I feel that no matter how much African American people struggle for equal rights, it is only in vain. There will never be equal rights, it is sad but true.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I totally agree!

Enough is enough!

So all you whitey bashers listen up.

Stop picking on us honkeys OK?
I know we can't make decent music, (afterall country and western is hardly "music") Nor are we good at sports, or cook exciting food, and yeah, we are thin skinned whiners with a history of enslaving other nationalities.

But hell, we're YOUR honkeys.
So give us a break and we will forget about the abuse we gave you lot for the last 200 years.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The Name Of The Game

Ridicule and persecution of anyone for being a part of any ethnic, racial or religious group is bigotry.

If you practice bigotry, then you are a bigot.

It's that simple.

I am very fond of the Wayans brothers, Chris Rock and several other comics who routinely use racist bigotry in their routines, but the fact is that they are still practicing bigotry when they do it, and if there was a way I could convince them to turn their talents away from it, I would do so without hesitation.

As it is, all those “white people versus black people” jokes are so damn tired they make knock-knock jokes look fresh.

For those who may mistakenly think otherwise, the cure for bigotry is not more bigotry.

The idea that "payback" for past bigotry is a proper response for it is nothing more than a way to ensure that bigotry continues.

Since bigotry is nothing more than a form of ignorance, I recommend working to end it.

Doing that requires pointing it out where you see it and educating people on what bigotry is and why it is wrong.

Deny Bigotry

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
And whats more you whitey bashers...

Just because you have been enslaved, oppressed, and discriminated against for the last 200 years, and only "now" in the last 30 years are seen as "equals".

Doesn't mean that your COMEDIANS can pick on us and call us names. Afterall us thin skinned whities can't take sarcasm, its worse than racial discrimination. You honkey haters know that we are too weak, neurotic and soft to cope with scarcasm, afterall we don't have the 200 years of suffering behind us to build our spines that you do.

Please stop picking on us, it ruins our self esteem and makes us wonder if maybe we arn't the perfect race..

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
What constitutes a "white person?" Are we talking about skin color, because some those who you call non-white look white to me. That is the term "white" and not the actual color white.

Can a white person be an albino black person? In that case their skin color would be actually "paler" than the usual people considered "pale skin?" If you have seen some japanese people, some of them hide from the sun and their skin looks "white." In that case then what is a "white person?"

It's all relative, and that is no pun.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
snowman you are the man, I TOTALLY agree

Blacks were selling there own brothers as slaves long before the europeans came into the photo. They made slaves of there own. Whites have made slaves of there own "COLOR".

Y is it ok for a Black man to call me a cracker....
but Its not ok for a white man to call him a niger.

everything has completey turned around..

everyone is a VICTOM
everyone is a minorty
everyone is picked on.
everyone is HUMAN
everyone makes mistakes.....

All racism was "INVENTED" for, is propaganda to Pacify us and blind us to the GOV taking away our cival liberties and making all of US slaves.

doesn't matter if your black, white, green, pink or blue
EVRYONE GETS DUMPED ON SO start to see the big picture.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IComeWithASword
Can a white person be an albino black person? In that case their skin color would be actually "paler" than the usual people considered "pale skin?" If you have seen some japanese people, some of them hide from the sun and their skin looks "white." In that case then what is a "white person?"

We have had a similer disscussion on the term African American. A white man from South Africa that moved to America would be an African American, right?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Is it the word that offends people? It is only a subjective word. I guess if you see yourself as black/white person than you could feel a reaction to the word.

Pavlov comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Damn Chris Rock and his hilarious Bigotry, please stop making white jokes, I gonna cry my self esteem is so low.(self esteem, must be a white word, never hear of self esteem in japan or Africa, there it called life) Also, ever notice Blacks and Asians are "angry" nut whites "venting emotions" or that Blacks and Asians get into pissy moods while us whites get "depression". Or a Black or Asian kills his/her kids they evil murderers, but a white person kills thier kids they are suffering from "post partem depression"? If you drop a blonde blue eyed white woman off a cliff and a black haired brown eyed Asian off a cliff at the same time, who hits first? The Asian cause she doesn't need to stop and ask for directions.

People, a comedian makes jokes. If I make chicken jokes for a comedy special, does it mean I am a bigot against chickens? or make blonde jokes does it mean i hate blondes or do I like blonde jokes cause I think they funny? People, stop being so whiney/PC. If I go up and make black/jew/christian jokes, does it mean I hate them? No, it means I like those jokes. How do you fit 20 Jews in a Honda? Ashtray. How do you babysit a black baby? Wet it's lips and stick it to the cieling. How do you get it down? Tell a Mexican it a pinata(sp?) A christian, a jew, a Hindu, a Buddist, and a arab walk into a bar, you think one of thier gods would have came down and told them the bar was there.

Yes, if a KKK Grand Wizard goes on stage and gives you instructions on how to kill "those damn darkies" then yes, that is racist. If a white/hispanic/asian goes on stage and tells you a black JOKE it means they are telling jokes, not being racist. Or if a black comedian(love Chris Rock) goes on stage and makes white jokes it means they are telling jokes, not being racist.

I swear, PC is out of hand.

Edit. Also, there was a kid from South Africa who was white and applied for a African American scholarship. They tried to take him to court for false pretensis cause his skin was white, not black, even though he was probably the only true African American applying for the job.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If Chris Rock is on Stage and makes abunch of jokes on white people it is ok. Now if You got on stage and told those jokes, you would be labeled a racist, by the media.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Media can blow me, hell, be great publicity. "There is no such thing as bad publicity."IDK who said it.

Anyways, I have a bunch more, got plenty of Nun jokes, blonde jokes, jew, amish, black, white, mexican, genie, you name it I got it.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Some are just jokes and you might say who cares, its just jokes. Words though are used to keep some people down. Example calling a woman a ho,or a woman in management a dyke,or bitch, because she has a postion of power.

Keep running thoes bigiot jokes on our nation over and over. People become use to it, so you will most likely be insulted by someone who thinks it is ok to say it.

Chris Rock can say cracker, call him a racial slur, see what happens. Your a racist.
Fair is Fair, if one thing is racist why isnt the other.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
"If Guns Kill People, Then Spoons Made Rosie O'Donnel Fat. "

Now thats a good joke.

snowman another gr8 point m8

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join