It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Sanctions Human Rights Abusers and Corrupt Actors Across the Globe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Trump has made a new EO that "targets" Human Rights violators worldwide.

The EO lists some new sanctions against known perpetrators.

He has declared a "National Emergency" over this problem.

Apparently over 50 targets so far !!

The exposures are mounting as the Swamp drains.

Some are ....wait for it .......... Russians !

United States Sanctions Human Rights Abusers and Corrupt Actors Across the Globe

December 21, 2017

New Executive Order Implements Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act,
Provides for Treasury Sanctions Against Malign Actors Worldwide

Washington – Today, the Trump Administration launched a new sanctions regime targeting human rights abusers and corrupt actors around the world. Building on the Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act passed by Congress last year, President Donald J. Trump signed an Executive Order (Order) today declaring a national emergency with respect to serious human rights abuse and corruption around the world and providing for the imposition of sanctions on actors engaged in these malign activities. In an Annex to the Order, the President imposed sanctions on 13 serious human rights abusers and corrupt actors. In addition, the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), acting on behalf of the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Attorney General, imposed sanctions on an additional 39 affiliated individuals and entities under the newly-issued Order.

edit on Dec-21-2017 by xuenchen because: q++++

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What sanctions are going to be made against ex reality television stars for the same things? Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

What sanctions are going to be made against ex reality television stars for the same things? Just a thought.

"DOJ" type sanctions.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So the Clintons "charity" involvement in Haiti might be noticed?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't even need to check to see if Saudi Arabia will be on the list. Am I going out on a limb by predicting there's no chance of that?

Any such list without Saudi Arabia has no validity.

This video is worth a million words.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Human Rights Accountability Act

Would that act apply to California where thousands are forced to live on the streets, homeless, only to be routinely hassled and persecuted by the cops?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
I don't even need to check to see if Saudi Arabia will be on the list. Am I going out on a limb by predicting there's no chance of that?

I'd be willing to bet China, Mexico, and Israel aren't on the list either.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Human Rights Accountability Act

Would that act apply to California where thousands are forced to live on the streets, homeless, only to be routinely hassled and persecuted by the cops?

Lock him up!
(Jerry Brown, that is)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

MERRY CHRISTMAS

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Have you been paying attention to what has been happening in Saudi Arabia since they started their anticorruption crackdown?

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Minnisota Post

The young prince has declared war on corruption. He has rounded up radical Saudi clerics. He is allowing women to drive, and giving them a central role in his plans for the economy. He is challenging Iran across the Middle East.

Women are allowed to drive now... they can join the workforce.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That's gonna undermine the effectiveness of sanctions against North Korea. There's a reason why North Korea is still standing strong despite the sanctions. There is enough anti American regimes to keep it afloat and by sanctioning more of them including Russia, it will ensure that they will support North Korea even more just to troll the US.

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Minnisota Post

The young prince has declared war on corruption. He has rounded up radical Saudi clerics. He is allowing women to drive, and giving them a central role in his plans for the economy. He is challenging Iran across the Middle East.

Women are allowed to drive now... they can join the workforce.

well there goes the insurance discounts !!

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sure hope deadfish Rahm E. is on that list.

Denying his own citizens the right to protect themselves.

HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSE.
edit on 21-12-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
is Saudi Arabia going to be on that list ?
Should be among the top

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The MSM doesn't do anything or show anything the american public believes or cares about,most news ends up having no premise,just some liberal slant on the truth,then say they speak for the public

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Sounds like someone may be cutting Soros fund(ing)s.

But what do I know.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

I suppose you'd rather have him bow to the king.

posted on Dec, 22 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

That's gonna undermine the effectiveness of sanctions against North Korea. There's a reason why North Korea is still standing strong despite the sanctions. There is enough anti American regimes to keep it afloat and by sanctioning more of them including Russia, it will ensure that they will support North Korea even more just to troll the US.

You did know that the sanctions imposed are against companies and individuals and not countries , right ?
Right ?

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Interesting.

More showboating. Nothing will come of this though. Just sign EOs one after the other.
edit on 24-12-2017 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join