It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed Humor: Chelsea Handler Mocking Sarah Huckabee Sanders for her looks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I suppose so, I guess everyone like's to watch a train wreck..ie, bad news, or buffoonery sells..good news is often ignored or quickly forgotten.
I think both left and right are about the same..only difference is who is in the "hot seat" at any given time.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Typical liberal can't start an intellectual joke,because no one in their group would understand,and if it had any semblance of intelligence a liberal couldn't pull it off,got to keep it grade school

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The little bit I've seen of Saturday Night Live seems to be more hate-based than attempting to poke fun. I also watched this Colbert talk show one night (CBS) a few weeks ago. He sounded more butt-hurt than humorous, but the audience laughed. Probably the same people who elected Pelosi, Waters, Franken, and other backwater characters.

People pander to their audience on all sides. Colbert was floundering on CBS till he had a hit with Trump stuff, same with SNL. Without Trump, he might be looking for a new gig. They both should be sending a Christmas present to Trump for making them relevant again.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I suppose so, I guess everyone like's to watch a train wreck..ie, bad news, or buffoonery sells..good news is often ignored or quickly forgotten.
I think both left and right are about the same..only difference is who is in the "hot seat" at any given time.
. Pretty much agree with that. They both use the same attack playbook. And TV supplies the stage willingly.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I know you enough to know you weren't defending her and you made a good point.

I just feel like it's too easy to allow myself to slip into alt-right tactics and justify it because the person I'm referencing says or supports someone who says far worse.

I decided recently to speak out about it when I see it, especially when it's from "our side". Probably not worth it but it makes me feel less icky than laughing and staying silent.
edit on 11-12-2017 by Abysha because: spellinz

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

See I come from pretty much the exact opposite perspective.

I don't care what jokes a comedian makes, they are just jokes.

Now to me it's fair to rip Chelsea for claiming to be feminist against other people doing this.

But as for jokes at womens, mens, whites, blacks, fat skinny, Christian, muslims, expense, I say go for it.

Just know if you do that, you should refrain from pretending to have a moral high ground and complaining when other people do that.

So yes, when people that called Michelle a tranny get upset when melania gets made fun of, they are hypocrites.

And handler is also a hypocrite here.

But I think Michelle Obama and melania and Sanders are all strong enough to deal with it.
edit on 11-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: carewemust

The little bit I've seen of Saturday Night Live seems to be more hate-based than attempting to poke fun. I also watched this Colbert talk show one night (CBS) a few weeks ago. He sounded more butt-hurt than humorous, but the audience laughed. Probably the same people who elected Pelosi, Waters, Franken, and other backwater characters.

People pander to their audience on all sides. Colbert was floundering on CBS till he had a hit with Trump stuff, same with SNL. Without Trump, he might be looking for a new gig. They both should be sending a Christmas present to Trump for making them relevant again.

Indeed they should. In fact, Jimmy Kimmel even gets credit for stopping ObamaCare repeal, when he became a (lying) activist for the Affordable Care Act over the Summer.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Handler is a borderline alcoholic, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets most of her material from her drunken stupors. She's simply saying what gets her attention in my opinion.

Come on that was some funny sh@t.... I don't like her past "political agendas" but it was funny.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: kaylaluv

I just feel like it's too easy to allow myself to slip into alt-right tactics and justify it because the person I'm referencing says or supports someone who says far worse.

I decided recently to speak out about it when I see it, especially when it's from "our side". Probably not worth it but it makes me feel less icky than laughing and staying silent.

I think we all could stand to do that. We have a tendency to only call out one side for perceived wrongs, case in point Moore and Conyers/Franken. We all do it that, when the behavior is wrong, regardless of side, it should be called out. It's easy to justify our sides actions while criticizing the same thing on the other.

If anything we should be just as hard, if not harder, on the demands of our "side".

Even though you may not believe it, this thread was more to see how people here would comment on the actions of Handler than her nasty behavior.

It just happened she fit a nice hypocritical niche as well as being mean. It's good to see that some I often would oppose seem to share certain values on things. It's also disappointing to see some on both sides stay pretty much in their bubbles

Making progress.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Now you can say Trump does this all the time, but he's not an "enlightened" Progressive like Handler is.

My question is: Is it right for a feminist to do something like this to another women, chiefly because they disagree Politically?

Again, I get that Trump has been mean like this, but is it ok for a Progressive to basically act like the person they despise (Trump) to score political points like this by body shaming someone basically? She's called Sarah Huckabee Sanders a harlot who wears Whore Lipstick as well
Your thoughts?
Hey Left leaning people here, I want to hear your thoughts on it? Is this Appropriate?

People are geared up to be offended. I watched it and didn't notice anything, but I am still half groggy...

But I can imagine some people sitting there going "Another one" and marking list off at KGB Central.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Because Sara is such a looker right?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

originally posted by: luthier
Apparently the younger generation missed George Carlin and Frank Zappa.

They tried to explain social issues and the reality but nobody listened and here we are.

They were also intelligent, insightful, eloquent and knew what it meant to have class.
Something else that's in short supply these days.

And talented, something CH is lacking.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Gee, people on the right thought it was hilarious when Joan Rivers called Michelle Obama a "tranny".

It was funny!

But they killed her for it, would you mind if SHS had CH killed?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I agree you should be able to make a joke about anyone and any subject, too many snowflakes on both sides.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Well, what do you expect from a desperate, eccentric alcoholic, whose comedy show just got axed on Netflix? She's trying to stay in the public's eye and in the news, because she's an attention whore. I think she IS funny, because I laughed at the IRONY of her calling Sarah "a harlot who wears whore lipstick." She's free to say anything she wants, but her smug attitude and her cheap shots, will soon make her irrelevant like that other loser, Kathy Griffin.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Chelsea Handler is a professional clown. Donald Trump is the leader of the "Free World." Whose behavior is appropriate for their position in life?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Good grief, so people don't think Handler should have made this joke because it's being mean to a woman, and this thread is packed full of people saying disgusting misogynistic things about Handler in return?

Do you guys not see the gigantic double-standard in that?

Utterly disgusting.

Keep it klassy ATS. Keep it klassy.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I wouldn't have relations with Chelsea Handler with a stolen penis. What a nasty looking woman, looks weathered, and worn out. Like Shoeless Joe Jacksons baseball glove. That's about as CLASSY as I get. She's a marginal comedian, a marginal talk show host, saying outrageous stuff about others is how SHE garners a paycheck......Yea, that's CLASSY on her part. Skank is the word that comes to my mind. She's a skank.
edit on 11-12-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Progressives and feminists don't think everybody is beautiful.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

That doesn't mean she went blind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join