It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supposed Humor: Chelsea Handler Mocking Sarah Huckabee Sanders for her looks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: RazorV66
Who is Chelsea Handler?

A mean spirited person it appears, who should be called out for boorish behavior. But she's a comedian so she gets a pass because it's just "humor" you know.

Perhaps Trump opened the door for boorish behavior. It's a free for all now.....

Yes? I've never liked when Trump has gone personal with things like that on secondary type people. It's pretty an boorish as well. Again its the two wrongs somehow make it ok arguement? So are you saying Handler is just as bad as Trump in this regard?
edit on 11-12-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It's a scary time for free thinkers. People are being brainwashed equally on both sides to hate each other and literally bark word for word agendas from their parties and candidates.

I think we are finding a lot of these cause junkies whether holy rollers or extreme progressives are totally full of crap.

I can't even dislike Roy Moore apparently without being told I am a liberal shill. As if there is only 2 choices you support or are a liberal propagandist.

If I say hillary is one of the biggest political crooks in recent history I am a Roy Moore trump supportING gay bashing homophobe.

link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: redtic

al franken was a comedian too but that excuse didn`t save him from being drummed out of congress for being a pervert.
being an over the hill comedian doesn`t give anyone the right to be a hypocrite,or to break the law. political humor never involves shaming someone for the way they look.

if you are trying to shame someone for the way they look than you aren`t a comedian.

Christ, lighten up. You guys sound like the "snowflakes" you always rail against. I'm sure SHS can give two sh!ts about what some second rate comedian has to say about her. She knows she's not up there for her looks.

link   
I just googled her and she used to have a late night talk show or something!!!

(I saw it once or twice... it sucked)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Jokes.

Who cares?

The truth is some liberals think they occupy the moral high ground, and it's ok for them to make fun of certain women's looks but not for other people to do this.

This is hypocritical.

It has been my experience in life that most women are every bit as capable as defending themselves from jokes, etc. Sanders seems more than capable to brush this off.

So I do think it's funny to point out handlers hypocrisy, I don't begrudge her trying to get laughs playing to her audience.

Lets just cut the carp and realize both sides will make fun of any gender or body type etc. if it suits them.

And I am not gonna be really offended by any of it.
edit on 11-12-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: RazorV66

some old jewish slut who posts naked pics of herself on the internet. I think she is like a Kardashian, she got famous for doing nothing except being a slut.

How is that any better than Handlers actions, talking like that?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Gee, people on the right thought it was hilarious when Joan Rivers called Michelle Obama a "tranny".

Which is probably why those of us on the left should know better.

You have an excellent point but... just saying.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yep, pretty much summed it up for me.

And she isn't very talented.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Perhaps Trump set the standard when he mocked the kid with cereble palsy.

You reap what you sow...

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So I do think it's funny to point out handlers hypocrisy, I don't begrudge her trying to get laughs playing to her audience.

I thought it was kinda weird, she had to use a laugh track for that bit....maybe she does it all the time. Haven't watched her for a long time.

I only noticed this because it was a YT suggestion. It just made me sad that people stoop to things like this when the butt of the "Joke" isn't even the source of the anger. SHS as far as I have seen, has done nothing to deserve such action. She's handled herself pretty professionally.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

You reap what you sow...

Again you seem to not approve of Trump for doing the same thing basically, yet you can't call out Handler. Must be hard to juggle that.

Handler can attack Trump all she wants, going after surrogate targets rubs me wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

You reap what you sow...

That's a new one. Is there a video of him mocking a C.P. kid?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yep, that's where we are. Decency and respect for opossing views is something we all have lost. All sides are to blame for this, Trump included. It was around far before him though.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

No, not appropriate, sadly there is no one to lead by example anymore.

There are some.....they don't make for good sound bites. The media has a part to play in that. They want the outrageous and Ego driven people supply the sound bites for them. Pandering to our basest instincts for ratings.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The little bit I've seen of Saturday Night Live seems to be more hate-based than attempting to poke fun. I also watched this Colbert talk show one night (CBS) a few weeks ago. He sounded more butt-hurt than humorous, but the audience laughed. Probably the same people who elected Pelosi, Waters, Franken, and other backwater characters.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Yep, that's where we are. Decency and respect for opossing views is something we all have lost. All sides are to blame for this, Trump included. It was around far before him though.

Thankfully folks like you still exist. Seem pretty centrist just lean right. Always appreciate our arguments.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

People suck.

They do. Ignoring their sucking behavior isn't the right course of action , IMO. They need to be called out for their sucking.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Gee, people on the right thought it was hilarious when Joan Rivers called Michelle Obama a "tranny".

Which is probably why those of us on the left should know better.

You have an excellent point but... just saying.

Oh I'm not defending Handler by any means. But I didn't think it was important enough to start a thread on what Rivers said any more than I think its important enough to start a thread on what Handler said. There will always be comedians who say tacky things about people. For some of them, that's just their shtick. I don't find it particularly funny on either side, but life goes on.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I didn't. Taking attacks to such a mean and personal degree are uncalled for.
The two wrongs make a right argument falls flat with me. Sorry.

Did you post a thread about how mean Joan Rivers was towards Michelle?

I didn't think so.

No, I did not start a thread about it. But to be honest, I'm pretty sure I commented on one and condemned it. It was that exact topic or one of the insulting / racist Obama memes/videos.

I can disagree with someone politically yet not be rotten to them with comments like that.......most of the time.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Thankfully folks like you still exist. Seem pretty centrist just lean right. Always appreciate our arguments.

Nah.....I'm an knuckle dragging Nazi. I tend to be more Right than you imply. I just act sane to further my devious agenda.

Your ok as well. ATS is good for agreeing with people on some topics and disagreeing on others. Makes for weird bed fellows and foes on some threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join