It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Bezos is looking for ideas for philanthropy!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hahahaa! After reading y'alls ideas, here's mine:

Another hospital like St. Judes which does not charge for childrens' cancer treatments and care. It also pays for room and board for the parents and transportation too I believe. As for the name of the hospital, well y'all will think of some cool ones I'm sure, lol.

STM

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Butt plugs. Seconded. No other debate needed really.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm OK with it as long as the money does go back into the economy, how Exactly do we know it is though ?

If the money leaves one person's hands and goes to someone else, it's being spent on something and is going somewhere.

For all that it was a crappy thing, no one can deny that tons of money moved through Common Core to various people and places.

Sure, but how are we to know where these Billionaires are moving their money to?

There is no way of auditing what they do, it's all well and good to say the money is going back into the economy, to be frank I don't think it is, I think the money is being hoarded.

Unless you can show me otherwise?

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

How about eliminating taxpayer subsidies
on shipping as a philanthropic measure?

Those that have to promote/think about
concepts such as this, are overdue to have their
Monopoly boards busted up into scattered pieces.

S&F

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Build those cars that only need water, damnit!!!

wkrn.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Grambler

Ark has been done already. You know where my vote is going.

ROFLMAO!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

How about eliminating taxpayer subsidies
on shipping as a philanthropic measure?

Those that have to promote/think about
concepts such as this, are overdue to have their
Monopoly boards busted up into scattered pieces.

S&F

exactly

if Trump breaks up one of these oligarchs companies I will vote for him in 2020 if he runs

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Subsonic
Free education for the world's poor. These tech guys know that we need to bring the level of education in this world up a notch or two in order to prepare the populace for the jobs of the future. If he could start a non-profit dedicated to opening thousands of quality schools around the world, especially in the most under-served areas, that would be a worthwhile cause.

As someone who is learning network automation allow me to tell you the future of jobs...

there won't be many

I know. I have been working for years to make things more automated due to human error needing to be removed from the steps needed for good data. I am working to make it where we don't need many humans at all and through it all, it seems logical.. (Checks off my need to have Cmdr Spock of the Federation Starship Enterprise be integral in a conversation just cause of that "logic" concept)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
Hahahaa! After reading y'alls ideas, here's mine:

Another hospital like St. Judes which does not charge for childrens' cancer treatments and care. It also pays for room and board for the parents and transportation too I believe. As for the name of the hospital, well y'all will think of some cool ones I'm sure, lol.

STM

The "Brothers and Sisters to Charity" Hospital is my vote

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So basically, either everything about the charity is a huge conspiracy designed to hide money which means money was still spent on the window dressing.

Or there is a charity a la the Clinton Foundation which is more or less a money laundering scheme ... a personal foundation like Zuckerberg now has for most of his wealth. It still has employees who have to get paid and appear to do something. Some money is still going out into the world.

It's not ideal, but it's also not a complete vault.
edit on 6-12-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

"The Brothers and Sisters to Charity" Hospital is my vote."

Hey Justoneman!

I like it! I've been thinking something with the word "Hope" in it but I can't figure it out. And I'm picturing cutting edge technology, a large campus with apartments for family, a couple of restaurants, a movie theatre to take the kids to when they are feeling up to it for a couple of hours and is geared for their conditions, a park with a playground, a chapel, tutors to work on the basics with them, Disneyesque activities, etc.

Maybe he can afford more than one hospital?

STM

edit on 6-12-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join