It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowboys had loads of empty seats, but

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm not trying to make a political thread here so I'll shy away from why there were so many empty seat.

But

I came across this story with pictures showing what is maybe just over a half full stadium. You can easily see empty seats.

Then I got on my ESPN app I use for scores and highlights.
The app says that the stadium holds 80k people.
Then it shows 91,712 attended the game.....

Who the hell are they kidding?

Somebody is making a real effort to hide the actual attendance.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Since everybody loses in this spate, they will tend to work together to get back to what was normal. Since this situation mirrors the after effects of the presidential election, that won't happen anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Not that I don’t disagree NFL attendance is waning, there are other articles explaining the problem with Thursday night games, especially in urban areas, being insane traffic around 5-7 (kick off at 7:30 or so), which results in long lines and folks getting into stadium late. I watched the entire game and shots showed stadium much fuller from about halfway through 2nd quarter.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
When were the pics taken? Halftime when most of the people are in the concourse getting beer and goodies or taking a whiz? I can't tell you if the stands were half empty. I was too busy watching the game.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The pics have time stamps on them so I guess go with that.
The one says it's kickoff time.

No way they had 10k standing room only people.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It doesn't work like that. Attendance in the major sports are done by "Pre sold tickets" this would include season ticket holders; seat licenses. Many times, businesses will buy Season Tickets and delve them out to employees. This is a write-off for the business and the team can later CON the city government to provide a Billion $$$ Stadium later on..

In sports where the team fluctuates, the Season Ticket holder will keep the tickets and start going to the games when the team's performance improves.

I played pro baseball and some games there would be 250 but in the Box Score attendance would read 1,300.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What JimNasium said is true. They do the same thing for college games. However, I do believe there is and will continue to be a decline in attendance for the NFL and other pro sports. Politics aside, it just costs too damn much. When we still lived in Ohio, we would take the kids (3) to a Bengals game once a year. maybe twice. Between tickets, parking, and consessions, we would easily spend $500. Then there is the aggravation of getting there and leaving plus dealing with the drunk obnoxious fans.

It's just not worth it. Especially when the NFL is perfect for television. I'd rather watch it on my 65" HDTV and surround sound with a fridge/kitchen full of beverages and snacks.

Now that we are in Michigan, we often go to minor league baseball games and Central Michigan University football and basketball. It's not too expensive and the fan experience is way better.
edit on 1-12-2017 by jtrenthacker because: words is hard

edit on 1-12-2017 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm not trying to make a political thread here so I'll shy away from why there were so many empty seat.

But

I came across this story with pictures showing what is maybe just over a half full stadium. You can easily see empty seats.

Then I got on my ESPN app I use for scores and highlights.
The app says that the stadium holds 80k people.
Then it shows 91,712 attended the game.....

Who the hell are they kidding?

Somebody is making a real effort to hide the actual attendance.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

NFL Attendance figures aren't a head count, they're a ticket sales number. Most NFL games are sold out before the start of the season for major teams with only 5 thousand (or less) "at large" tickets available for open sale in the week or two prior to the game. If the team is struggling with attendance, they simply donate the unsold gate tickets to radio shows and local businesses for contests and put them as "sold seats" in their books.

This is why we are clearly seeing half empty stadiums while the NFL is reporting 95% capacity attendance.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I have seen that in minor league games.
They say that 6k is the paid attendance but in reality the threat of rain cut that in half.

At the same time I think football is trying to hide the numbers.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I don’t think it’s political at all on this one. I am a season ticket holder and have been cursing these Thursday night games since they started. If the players started kneeling to protest Roger Goodall’s $50 million salary and Thursday night football go for it. I refuse to watch these horrible games.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I see your problem. You didn't look at the stands closely enough.

edit on 1-12-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

What JimNasium said is true. They do the same thing for college games. However, I do believe there is and will continue to be a decline in attendance for the NFL and other pro sports. Politics aside, it just costs too damn much. When we still lived in Ohio, we would take the kids (3) to a Bengals game once a year. maybe twice. Between tickets, parking, and consessions, we would easily spend $500. Then there is the aggravation of getting there and leaving plus dealing with the drunk obnoxious fans.

Damn. You were able to get 5 Bengals tickets, concessions, and parking for only $500? For a Ravens game, even back in the day, that would have gotten you two nose bleed tickets (500 section).

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ash614

It's not just the Thursday games as I understand.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

We go to the fort wayne tin caps minor league baseball games.
$5 parking
$9 tickets, and there are no bad seats.
The beer is pricey but that's expected.

You should see Parkview field.
I've been to a bunch of stadiums over the years.
Pro, minor, college.
This field is the best one I have ever been too.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is probably for 4 of us now that I think about it. I think the youngest only went to a pre-season game. I mean we are talking the Bengals here. Don't get me started.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I mean we are talking the Bengals here. Don't get me started.

Ok. I see your point. Lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Uh, Cowboy's stadiumAT&T Stadium is expandable and holds over 100,000 fans.

edit on 1-12-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join