It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey. How well do you feel ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I want to know from as many people as possible who have had any Virus or Flu type symptoms in the last year.
Have you noticed a change in the symptoms ie sore throats that don`t feel as they used to or don`t recover as quickly as they used too.
Do any members feel unwell or lacking in physical ability.
Particularly members in the UK but info on anybody who has noticed changes in there bodies reactions to colds,Flus ,Viruses and general everyday wellness

[edit on 12-2-2005 by weirdo]

[edit on 14-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
www.weather.com...

Go there and click on the big map in the middle of the screen. You can choose to see the current distribution of flu symptoms with color coded severity indicators. You can also check aches and pains, and of course, weather.

I think their numbers are accurate, but I have no way of verifying that for sure. You could try the NIH, or the CDC in addition. All of this pertains to the US by the way, none of the resources listed are relevant to the UK unfortunately.

I tried to find your version of the flu distribution map, but had no luck.

If you're sick, try thinking positively. The reason prayer works, is because the faithful believe. You don't have to be part of a religion to derive benefits from positive thinking. It's demonstrated, placebo effect is more potent than most OTC and prescription medications. Just believe you'll get better.

Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
www.weather.com...

Go there and click on the big map in the middle of the screen. You can choose to see the current distribution of flu symptoms with color coded severity indicators. You can also check aches and pains, and of course, weather.

I think their numbers are accurate, but I have no way of verifying that for sure. You could try the NIH, or the CDC in addition. All of this pertains to the US by the way, none of the resources listed are relevant to the UK unfortunately.

I tried to find your version of the flu distribution map, but had no luck.

If you're sick, try thinking positively. The reason prayer works, is because the faithful believe. You don't have to be part of a religion to derive benefits from positive thinking. It's demonstrated, placebo effect is more potent than most OTC and prescription medications. Just believe you'll get better.

Hope that helps.

Thanxs for that but you have missed the point.I want to know from real people whether they have experianced a change in the symptoms they get for minor ailments.
No i am not ill and in need of reassurance.

And please anybody reading this that hasn`t would be helpful to no that the people reading this haven`t experianced anything differant.And just for the record this isn`t leading to see the govt,aliens,nwo are trying to kill,control us but the possibility something else that has yet to be discussed on Ats or the web yet to be realised (crap now l am writting like a weirdo !!!!!!!!!!Must take meds)

[edit on 12-2-2005 by weirdo]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
I want to know from real people whether they have experianced a change in the symptoms they get for minor ailments.
No i am not ill and in need of reassurance.

Excellent idea - good survey. ...I'll stay out of this one for now because I had a gamma globulin shot a few years ago - may be the source of many ills, changes.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Flu is an epidemic where i work, many out sick this week. I've been a victim, and i'm having a hard time getting rid of it- others say illness lingers for 2 weeks plus.. No, i dont think its any different than other flus, although i dont feel well, i've had worse flus in the past.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I went to the doctor for bronchitis in September. The receptionist made me wear a mask while I waited, the doctor diagnosed bronchitis, prescribed antibiotics and sent me home. Same with my son. Same with my girlfriend. The doctor told her it was also called 100 day cough. I googled it and found out it is Whooping Cough. Apparently there is a mini epedemic, 6 months later I am still coughing and feel lousy. The doc refuses to call it anything other than bronchitis or 100 day cough (now entering its 160th day) That's my story.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Deevee

100 day cough? If i were you i would go somewhere else and get a second opinion...
Seriously, you should be careful on this.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well I don't know if this qualifies, because it isn't the flu or a cold, but I have been feeling generally ill for the last two years. Symptoms were general muscle aches, nausea, constant fatigue, and then what made me discover the solution, a severely itchy skin rash that looks like herpes over many places on the body. Because of the rash, I would never had been able to diagnose what was going on, but I discovered I have dermatitis herpetiformis, which is a skin condition exclusive to people who have a genetic disease called Celiac Disease. This is caused by an auto-immune disorder where the body rejects any form of protiens called "glutens" found in wheat, rye, barley, and oats. The body actually attacks and destroys the lining of the small intestine, causing malnutrition, which symptoms can be confused with a lot of other things. Unfortunately, especially wheat, 85% of my diet contained gluten containing ingredients. Since I changed my diet, my symptoms immediately went away and regained my energy back within one day. The skin condition is still there until the anti-bodies slowly dwindle and takes a longer time, but I thought I would share this with you all.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hey thanxs for the responses.

There does seem to be a lack of medical explinations as to the causes of many of the minor flu `s, colds and unknown minor symptoms we experiance and with other surveys carried out in various differant mediums there have been conclusions drawn that there is a lack of medical interest, explination and response regarding identifying new virual strains and researching prevention and treatments.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I live in a fairly big city, where I imagine a lot of germs and viruses spread pretty quickly, especially in the confines of the tube (underground) etc.

I've never had a flu jab and never visit my doctor, and therefore never use antibiotics.... and luckily never feel ill.

Must have a good immune system I guess - I think some people place so much importance in hygiene that their bodies never build up a good defense.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
Do any members feel unwell or lacking in physical ability.
Particularly members in the UK but info on anybody who has noticed changes in there bodies reactions to colds,Flus ,Viruses and general everyday wellness

I haven't been sick once since I moved to Michigan. knock on wood. It's been almost two years and my immune system actually feels stronger.
I used to get sick all the time back home (Ontario) i'd get sore throats and flu like symptoms very frequently.

However I don't think it's where you live, but rather your lifestyle.
I have a much better lifestyle now, then I did before. Back in Ontario I was more of a heavy drinker, dabbled in drugs, ect...

Now i'm more health concious, I take care of my body, barely drink, I enjoy physical activites more so then I did before, and I eat better and
am monogamous.

ps: plus I carry a handsanitizer with me wherever I go, public door handles ect are filled with a variety of germs...

[edit on 14-2-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm getting over the flu. So are my spouse and my dad.

Dad is back to 100%. Spouse is about 90% (but he had the flu a week and a half ago.) I'm about 80%, but I had the flu just last week and am still getting over it.

...stupid cough.

I don't see any reason why any of us would be feeling less than optimal.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Me, no! However my gf has been sick for over a month now. Bronhitus on top of a chest cold. It has been really quite extreme.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I picked up a cold in the first week of the New Year and it lasted about two weeks which for me is a week longer than they usually last.
Ever since that cold I have suffered from a very dry throat which can be painfull when I first wake up.
The worst thing that the cold gave me was lack of energy and aching muscles.
Went to the doctor and he told me the same thing as I get told every other time.............just let it run its course.......there is nothing you can really take.

He did mention that my job may play a big part in my general unhealthiness as I work permanent night-shift and usually only manage 3-5 hours sleep a night and when I am off shift I can still be awake when the sun comes up.

Still I have to work if I want to pay for my Internet connection dont I

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The only thing that I have to add is that, well I rarely get sick, and if I
do it lasts no more than a few days.

Late 2004 though, I went down with a bout of the flu that laid me up
for nearly 2 and one half weeks, which I though was a little strange.

I don't think the symptoms were any different than normal though,
I just thought it strange at the time for it to last so long.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am not from the UK but I am from the United States and where I live, people are getting sick and with all the same thing. I know the flu is going around here, although I havent heard of any wide spread cases in my area, in my hometown we are dealing with sinus infections and high fevers. My three kids and my mother and sister are all sick with sinus infections and on meds. I never knew a sinus infection was catchy number one and I have never seen people all come down with it one after the other. To me, I think there is more into it and it isnt a sinus infection but something else. How do five people in one house all come down with a headache within days of each other and then are feeling like a truck ran them over. The schools are sending home kids left and right with a sinus infection. I dont know what is going on but I really dont think that it is a sinus infection since they are not catchy and I cant see how all these people suddenly come down with it.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Since I had the flu on the christmas holidays, I totally feel like crap! I recovered but still very tired, fatigued

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
In my job l come into contact with large groups of people and one topic of conversation that always seems common too most is the amount of people either recovering or knowing somebody with a condition similar that they haven`t had before and find it difficult to recover from.

news.bbc.co.uk...

frighteneing to think we are fighting Terrorism, when a real threat could be far more deadly than we percieve.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
See that fact doesn't scare me, it gives me comfort. No matter the schemes of power brokers or the madness of dictators, despite murderous religous zealotry and wicked greed, there will always be a chance for balance.

The rich think they can just get us all sick and not catch something themselves? They can have vaccines and pills and inhalers and treaments galore, but it will catch up with them in the end. They'll end up breeding children with weak immune systems and their whole bloodline will become like a shallow, muddy river (you can see it already with political dynasties, they're like inbred pugs).

People are always trying to get one over on the world, but it doesn't work like that. Even if they control the weather, even if they control the diseases, even if they control the minds of men, chaos will bloom unexpectedly in their gardens of order, and lay waste to their carefuly laid plans.

Death really is the great equalizer, and no matter how much they insulate themselves from the world, a tree can fall on their car at any moment, a lightning bolt can meet their gold club mid swing, a poorly trained border collie could nudge open the door of a cessna at 10k feet and plunge to the earth at the precise moment they're out on the veranda enjoying the breeze.

Even if they find a way to cheat death from old age, accidents and murders will tear down their lives; their monuments to greed. The best thing to do is take life in stride and allow your body to fend for itself. If it can't, you die. If it can, you live.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well I'v been feeling like a big dollop of cak for the past few weeks.Thought I got over the worst case of flu I have ever had a fortnight ago only to get kicked in the balls again at the weekend.Its not only me either my Mam,Sister and 2 nieces and a nephew are all falling to bits.But it definetly is worse than your average dose of the flu.Oh aye Im in the UK.

[edit on 21-2-2005 by kpatrickm]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join