It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Dunsworth dead at 71

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
With a heavy heart I write this thread. John Dunsworth of Trailer Park Boys fame is dead at 71.

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard

He was such an amazing actor on TPB. Really my favorite.

Dunsworth was born in Bridgewater, N.S. on April 12, 1946 and attended the University of Guelph where he majored in theatre before dropping out in his fourth year. Dunsworth acted in numerous CBC radio dramas had many starring roles in stage productions at the Neptune Theatre in Halifax. View image on Twitter View image on Twitter Follow Sarah Dunsworth ✔@SarahDunsworth 3:23 PM - Oct 16, 2017 449 449 Replies 358 358 Retweets 721 721 likes Twitter Ads info and privacy Along with his role as Jim Lahey, Dunsworth has an extensive career in television and film dating back to 1978. One of his more prominent roles include Dave Teagues in the series Haven, Dunsworth was well-known in the regional theatre community, including the creation of the Pier One Theatre; one of the Halifax’s first alternative theatre and production houses.

His daughter confirmed his death today via e-mail

“John left this world peacefully after a short and unexpected illness,” she wrote in an email.

So everyone raise a lil drinky poo, for Mr. Dunsworth.

Poor Randy . . .

edit on 16-10-2017 by denybedoomed because: more

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I just saw that on Twitter. Hate to see him go to the great cheeseburger picnic in the sky.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Hopefully there are no sh# hawks in the after life, cheers John, you were awesome

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
We're drinking with the grain of the liquor tonight boys.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I'll have to honor him with a trailer park boys send off with a shot of liquor and a six paper joint.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wow, just finished rewatching the whole series about a week ago.

I loved his character, amazing actor, best drunk to ever hit film anywhere in the world.

I'll end this with a few of my favorites.

"I am the liquor"

"6 out of 10"

"Swayze trains comin with me boys..."

Was looking forward to a new season. But, this show literally can't go on without him.
edit on 16-10-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You know, he was probably my favorite on the show. Which is amazing considering it's hard picking a favorite character on a really good show.

Ask me my favorite character on ST TNG and I'll run circles around myself for hours. Never committing to any character as my favorite.

But, with trailer park boys, as season to season seemed to shift focus on characters and storylines. One thing was always guaranteed, a bumbling drunk of a trailer park supervisor to hold the whole thing together.

He was that one character that seemed to draw it all together. What a loss. I'm going to go back and watch through the series again, and get smashed doing it, 6 out of 10.
edit on 16-10-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I completely agree. I remember the first exposure I had to the show was early 2002. My friend had showtime and i just remember being so entertained.

I've been a solid fan since then. Although the last couple seasons didn't do much for me, John Dunsworth never missed a beat with his character. He was my favorite character on that show. With ricky a close second.

The most believable drunk ever. And seemed to be a really genuine guy. Lost a good one for sure.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Last few have been rough. But worth it for a few good moments of laughter.

I enjoyed ray, he was pretty funny. Got a good chuckle out of the piss jugs.

John's drunk reels should be shown in every acting class around the world. He was the best.

The video above has some good examples. That scene of him coming down the stairs is just golden.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Hope he "spepper prays" the hell out of the afterlife.

I just asked my boyfriend for a Swearnet account for Christmas. I'll be reminding him for sure, now. Gonna miss his webisodes.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

"Raaaaaaaay"

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
RIP Mr. Lahey, I raise my glass to you and promise to fend off the #hawks.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Star of the show and a good dude.

RIP John/Lahey

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Just saw that he died on National Liquor Day (U.S.)

Fitting. . .

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Damn that sucks, was hoping to catch the live Christmas tour, especially since he's the main highlight of the show.
RIP real actor not one of the Hollywood tripe.

new topics

top topics

join