It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You look in your bank account and there is 50 billion... Your first move?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Without discussing the how it got there or why. Just for fun let's just pretend that you woke up to 50b in your account and it was yours to keep... What would be your first move? Literally the second you walked away from the cashpoint/atm

I think I would have to run home, sit myself down for a couple of hours in silence and process it first. Then maybe book a cruise for a month just to have some time to reflect and adjust to my new wealth.

Mind you, I say all that. Like most I would probably go crazy and spend like a mad man.

What about you guys?
edit on 22/9/2017 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Short gold and silver.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Put 25 aside and then spend the first week researching the best charities for the other 25.

Then I'd buy my mum a house mansion street in leafy England.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Quit my job, go back to bed and switch my phone off.
edit on 22-9-2017 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
First move: withdraw as much as I can before someone notices the mistake.

Second move: doesn't really matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Invest in technologies that would better humanity (and entertainment). As the years go by, I am wondering why there aren't alternatives to graves...why there isn't cheap cryogenic stasis alternatives, why cloning research for replacement organs isn't a global highly funded initiative, etc.

I would see what I could do to bring such things to the front.

Otherwise, I would probably buy a very nice boat...with a helicopter on it...and a kickass captain that can pilot both.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Give 49.5 billion away to people who need it. 500 million is more than enough to live off of for the rest is my life plus some.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

Move #1: Find a good lawyer.

Move #2: Find a good financial adviser.

Move #3: Implement the lottery jackpot plan: pay off debts, retirement funds, education fund, funds for my folks and his, establish funds for various family, look into building house we want, look into establishing fund to donate regularly to various charities and causes, look into gifting to people who have been important to us over the years, look into investment opportunities, and, for fun, buy two brand new vehicles cash off the lot, whatever we want, also upgrade my computer as I want.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Give 49.5 billion away to people who need it. 500 million is more than enough to live off of for the rest is my life plus some.

Ahh, yes. 500m you can live off quite extravagantly for your life, even if you live to be 200.

But sometimes just living isn't enough...such money could be used to change things for the better, no?
It sounds like work, but I would think tossing money towards feeding the poor for awhile is a waste, but investing in a tech that makes starvation obsolete would be money well spent....your money of course, but I think its in everyones heart to make the world a better place somehow and money..lots of money..is really the only way it comes to be.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Transfer it offshore before bank decides to go under and have the FDIC give me $250,000.00 in compensation. Then move it around and divide it among several offshore banks and accounts.

Hire a really good lawyer just in case.

Disappear, change my name and buy an island.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I would donate all of it except for maybe 1-5 mil,if I decided to even keep that much.

I would want to to do as much good to the world as I possibly could,potentially spending all of the money for the betterment of communities that need the help.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I spend most of it on drugs, booze and fast women...the rest I'd just squander
edit on 22-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I would make a lot of people extremely happy

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
LOL

1.. Buy new shorts.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Buy ATS and ban you're ass. lol

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
$30,000 damn near gave me stroke, 50 billion would cause spontaneous combustion.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Buy US Treasuries.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I'd buy Kodiak Island, Alaska. Day 2 would be overseeing the moving process of everyone presently on Kodiak Island off of Kodiak Island. Day 3, repeat process with Afognak Island. Day 4, repeat process with Raspberry, Whale, Uganik, and Spruce Islands.

The privacy and solitude would be magnificent.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Buy ATS and ban you're ass. lol

I'd also kick in a couple hundred dollars to hire an English tutor for Randy.
edit on 22-9-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I spend most of it on drugs, booze and fast women...the rest I'd just squander

An honest man!

Star for you

<<   2  3  4 >>

join