It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You look in your bank account and there is 50 billion... Your first move?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I see no one in here who would be utterly paranoid and fearful of their life?

Why??..plenty of billionaires walking around, but the best kind is the unknown or under stated kind, go out in flip flops get a hotdog no body cares.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

With that kind of money, you could just buy a security firm. You could even pay someone $5,000/day to be your body double and then pay the security firm to guard him/her. Don't change your outward appearances (car, clothes, accessories, housing, job, etc) until you have everything set up and no one would even suspect that you were now filthy rich.

a reply to: Spider879

Yep. New money usually flaunts it while old money is usually scared of losing it to inflation. So they just live off the interest. Even just 0.5% interest on $50 billion is still $250 million a year in income. Just reinvest what you don't spend from that $250 million and your grandchildren's grandchildren will be set for life.
edit on 22-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You don't think somebody is going to come looking for their 50 Billion?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

With that kind of money, you could just buy a security firm. You could even pay someone $5,000/day to be your body double and then pay the security firm to guard him/her. Don't change your outward appearances (car, clothes, accessories, housing, job, etc) until you have everything set up and no one would even suspect that you were now filthy rich.

Right, pay for a body guard to protect my @$$ in the ghetto.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Call dibs.

It makes it legal.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Fine. Since you all think this money is legit yours..

My answer: This is a setup from higher places than you can imagine. Touch the money and someone is coming after you
You will have a price to pay for it

This is no lucky day

edit on 22-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
It's interesting for sure.
You have some people who get that kind of money and then turn to philanthropy, and the others that hide and sit on their gold and others that use it to control their tribes.
Who knows which one you would be if it happened to you.

One big change more than yourself that comes with money is people around you. It is a false adulation and service, most people lap it up, knowing it isn't real like, love or respect.
Beware of false adulation.
I suggest is if it ever did happen, make sure to look in the mirror daily and ask if you respect and like the person looking back at you.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

For the sake of the fantasy, I am assuming it is legit mine.

Since I have had large amounts accidentally deposited into my bank account on two occasions by mistake in the past, you are right that they will find you so you had better not touch one red cent.

And since the same mistake occurred twice, we also had occasion to learn that even if you do the proper thing and report it, they won't thank you. They'll just treat you like it was somehow your fault it happened and like a crook anyhow.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Fine. Since you all think this money is legit yours..

My answer: This is a setup from higher places than you can imagine. Touch the money and someone is coming after you
You will have a price to pay for it

This is no lucky day

I'm completely fine with that.

Game on.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, yeah fantasy.

But OP asked us to consider a 'what-if' in the real world. OP could've asked what we'd do with 50 Billion.

In this case, maybe this is something that happens to those %1 elites. Suddenly there's a nice chunk in their account. Later, a man from the shadows whispers "Hey, I see you spent some of that money...I own you now
"

I really wouldn't touch it. I'd alert the bank, as having it there would be too tempting.

The root of all evil, as they say. I am very careful what I do with and how I handle money.

edit on 22-9-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
With that kinda money, I'd leave Earth.

Cya Earthlings!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
1. Replace my current barely-operable vehicle, probably with a truck
2. Move and get myself together
3. Find a girlfriend
4. Explore the country and go on adventures
5. Settle down somewhere eventually in a comfortable, reasonable house away from civilization and surrounded by nature
6. Help nature

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Yeah, neither time did we touch any of it, and this was when we were in our dirt poor years and could have sorely used it.

The first time we reported it as soon as we saw it. The next day, they could not leave my husband alone and kept badgering him to leave work and drive into town to sign it out of our account and they had frozen the account by the time he got there to do it. Keep in mind this was when we were on a $20/day max budget and that $20 had to cover all of the day's food, gas, and anything else we might need. Anything we managed not to spend on a day was promptly saved against emergency's and if the savings didn't cover it, the extra was split out of the remaining days so that $20 became less, maybe $18 or even $15.

So when you see a mistaken amount over $100,000 sitting in your account, you can imagine the temptation!

The second time they did it, we were still mad enough over the treatment we had received the first time that we decided to very carefully partition the money off and see how long it would take them to realize their error. We felt like if they left it there long enough, we might at least get some interest out of babysitting it. Sure enough, they caught their mistake right before the account could gain interest and froze our account without warning.

So, yeah, there are no mistakes in your favor as the Monopoly card suggests.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Donate half to the upcoming court case against ATS,
when they remove the censorship on wikileaks!

edit on 22/9/2017 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Yes that's why off shore and a move away from wherever I'm at..

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

immediately phone the bank to notify them of their mistake. Then asked to share a cell with the infamous 'Big Bubba' to be schooled in the art of gay marriage.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The first thing I’d do is go to the bank and double-check to see if it was an error or if I just lost my cookies. If it really was mine to keep…

First, there are some family & friends I’d like to take care of financially and set things up so they’d be all right, after I expire. I'd also want to have on-site, 24hr drivers for my parents, as they are elderly.

After that, I’d see if this was possible (I’m not a financial whizz). I’d want to make a small, low-cost medical facility that had xray, mri, ct scan, etc. and good quality doctors. After it was built, to help finance it, I’d invest billions into high interest accounts.

If any $$ remaining, I’d look into bee farms, red seaweed farms for cows, 3D housing made for people (free to them) that lost their homes from tragedies i.e. hurricanes, fires, etc. And small 3D housing shelters for homeless.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Privacy and solitude can include selected other people. Just sayin'. Besides, a quiet passing with a busted leg on Kodiak would sometimes be more favorable than having to deal with that unique hell that is most people.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
My first move if I found fifty billion in my bank account would be to laugh. Then I would realize that it would be leaving in a few days and the government would be taxing me on it while it was in there. Of course there would be repercussions for it being there, the interest would be reported on my tax return for the year even though I would not get it.

Then I would be crying as they froze all of our assets for six months.
edit on 22-9-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'd buy Bone75 his vertical work for food farm under the condition that he puts you to work on it and only allows you the veggies you grow there.

We won't be growing that kind of "veggies" on my farm... jeez.

Oh great, that'll help DB lose weight... not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join