It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Massive Solar Flares Have Erupted From Furious Sunspot In Seven Days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The sun blasted out seven massive solar flares in as many days in an extraordinary period of space weather that has sparked stunning geomagnetic storms above the earth.

Between September 4 and September 11, NASA observed seven flares, all classed in its strongest “X” category, with the most impressive registering at X9.3, a very significant event.

The latest, at X8.2 also a significant flare, peaked at 12:06 p.m. EDT on Sept. 10. It prompted warnings of possible radio blackouts from the Space Weather Prediction Center, which also issued a geomagnetic storm warning for Wednesday and Thursday.

www.newsweek.com...

We have seen how the "MSM" once again is posting and re-posting the wildfires that are occurring in several states in the U.S. as well as other climate events occurring elsewhere in the world. But little attention has been given, once again, to what has been happening to the Sun lately.

It's obvious that the conditioning to believe "that we should ignore changes occurring to that yellow sphere in the Sun because only anthropogenic CO2 could be blamed for the ongoing climate chaos" has been winning, when major events like the ones that just happened in the sun are not covered as much as the constant brainwashing that "mankind is to blame for everything that happens under the sun".

We know that small changes that occur in the Sun have a huge impact on Earth's climate. Or at least we should know this as a fact.

The Sun Just Erupted The Biggest Solar Flare in 12 Years And It Has Affected Earth

And here is a video showing what area of the Earth was affected by the X9.3 solar flare. Starting at 0:42 seconds.

edit on 14-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
O...k.

What's the point to this.

Just to know?

Because I'm rather certain there's nothing that can be done about this.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
O...k.

Just to know?

So, i take it you rather keep being bombarded that "mankind is to blame for everything happening under the sun"?

Have you ever heard, or read the expression "knowledge is power"?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

O...k.

Just to know?

So, i take it you rather keep being bombarded that "mankind is to blame for everything happening under the sun"?

So what's the solution? Oh great holder of knowledge.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yes they are.

One single bomb dropped somewhere affects more humanity than any sun spots.

Environmental pollution from mining, deforestation, Oil, Coal, Nuclear Power, Chemical Fertilizers, the car you drive, the clothes you wear, factory you work at, your house, air conditioner, etc.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
In fact, I believe all that is piss in the wind in the face of the Sun, which is more like a Tsunami in how it affects us and planet Earth.

The point of this thread is an attempt to defeat illogical policies by way of propaganda that says humans are at fault for everything climate related and therefore we must also pay some kind of price ... to our human overlords of course.

They are like the priests on the pyramid demanding sacrifices during an eclipse so that they would permit us the privileged of its return. The Sun is GOD as far as science goes. We owe our existence to it, a minor temper tantrum can throws our planet into mild disarray affecting billions, and we become extinct without it.

No amount of innovation and effort could save us in time if we even knew the sun would just go lights out in a hundred years!

The POINT though is not about finding a way to affect the sun or anything. it is simply to ignore the modern day priests demanding sacrifice in order for the sun to return from its eclipse and acknowledge the bull#edness of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I see. So, solar flares were responsible for stuff like the flamin' river in Ohio, Bhopal, Deepwater Horion, ongoing shrinking of the Aral Sea, Chernobyl, Fukushima, Gulf of Mexico deadzone.

Look, I'm not sold on AGW, this rock has been here a long-ass time doing it's thing. Way longer than we've been here being pigs on it. But we ARE being pigs, and temperature isn't the only thing to worry about. We're s#ing where we live and eat, and ruining ourselves and the environment for it. Lovely way to treat the only home we have, ain't it?
edit on 9/14/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

In fact, I believe all that is piss in the wind in the face of the Sun, which is more like a Tsunami in how it affects us and planet Earth.

The earths Magnetic Feld protects us from all but the most energetic events on the Sun, and those have to be pointed directly at us.

The last time was in the late 1800's right?

One atom bomb dropped on one city did more damage, modern warfare has toppled nations, left millions dead, cities in rubble.

Mans inhumanity to man is much more destructive than the sun.

In fact the sun is far more creative, it warms us, lights out path, makes things grow...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
And if it burps the right way it can eliminate most life on this rock. Isn't there a theory that the sun's activity can be linked to increases in human insanity (foreign policy acts) within time periods??

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have it on good authority that solar flares elected Trump.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Isn't there a theory that the sun's activity can be linked to increases in human insanity

Yes, when its hot, people go 'nuts'.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Well if it was proven that solar flares do in fact cause damage, there would first need to be a consensus... which considering this is an outside threat, might be easier to get compared to the constant back and forth of the global warming/climate change debate. After this consensus, programs are developed to research possible protection/defensive measures against solar flares.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Grilling hot dogs without a grill! Come and get'em!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
if a solar storm was strong enough our satellites would get knocked out first meaning mucho people here wouldn't be posting.
until i stop seeing threads being started blaming democrats, decrying islam or bemoaning blacks every two minutes and i lose signal on my phone im of the opinion were ok.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yes they are.

One single bomb dropped somewhere affects more humanity than any sun spots.

Environmental pollution from mining, deforestation, Oil, Coal, Nuclear Power, Chemical Fertilizers, the car you drive, the clothes you wear, factory you work at, your house, air conditioner, etc.

Everything has an effect on something, and your right, as above our worst enemy is pollution, but then our world has always been polluted in some way, even dust and dirt is pollution, and a killer for many as time goes by...bombs are killers too, probably in more ways than one since that is their intent, nuclear and the rest, while God knows what harm nuclear has done..but that wasn't mankind, that was power hungry madmen...and they know it.
However, the CO2 question is rather singular, that's what apportions 'blame' on everybody...your, 'carbon footprint' AGW? no, a bit strong and iffy, okay then global warming, no, it didn't quite work out, it's not global...meeeh! I got it, climate change, we'll go with that..leave out the anthropogenic bit per se, and pollution will carry that collective responsibility end of it, any which way.
It doesn't matter for many of us that there are scientists who don't exact;y follow the IPCC protocols, some asked for their names to be removed from IPCC reports because they didn't agree with the IPCC reports analysis, and the IPCC refused, keeping those names on those reports, as part of the bloc of 'thousands of scientists' who say the, 'evidence is irrefutable' and that CO2 is the culprit.
Do you not see how the parameters change in response to how many people are thinking? That, on the face of it, is not very scientific if the, 'evidence is irrefutable' is it?
Also, why should these CO2 blaming scientists refuse to debate the causes with those scientists who have a differing viewpoint, and just how much do we know about those differing viewpoints, or even why? Oh! yes, I forgot, those scientists who have a different viewpoint...are all quacks...and some people in 'office' would like to put them in jail

On the other hand, we have increasingly scientists who 'follow' the the world view of AGW for instance, who are either under scrutiny for fraud, or in jail, one guy recently for fraud $$$ and by default, his research had to be fraudulent...and he was a senior researcher.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

O...k.

Just to know?

So what's the solution? Oh great holder of knowledge.

Lots of sunscreen and polarized shades. At least we won't burn up

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Someone find that dad-blasted switch and turn it off. No more worries . I cant stand light anyway

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

wow...well, sorry to rain on your parade but the sun is much more powerful, it has caused Ice Ages, and warm periods people like you claim "are a disaster to the Earth", which is nothing more than lies. The Earth and mankind have thrived during warming periods.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I see. So, solar flares were responsible for stuff like the flamin' river in Ohio, Bhopal, Deepwater Horion, ongoing shrinking of the Aral Sea, Chernobyl, Fukushima, Gulf of Mexico deadzone.

I am pretty certain i wrote "changes in the sun impact the climate"... How did you take from that statement that "the sun caused the flaming river in Ohio, Deepwater Horizon, Chernobyl, and Fukushima?...

BTW, Fukushima did happen because of a natural disaster but it wasn't the sun...

edit on 14-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

There wouldn't be life without the sun.

So we can kill each other off in droves, lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join