It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Washington Warned Us About Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
George Washington just wanted to retire. He was convinced to stay on. When last asked to stay on, he said no, but left us some wisdom in his Farewell Address. We are still a young country,as compared to many contries throughout the world. I would say Washington explained very clearly why Trump could happen and he never should have. 1) use of the words 'fake news' to undermine real news. 2) Warned against voting in a dictator and being influenced by foreign powers (I.E. Russia)

Once, his farewell address was read by school children on his birthday.

The Farewell Address is 32 pages, so I will just link it Our Documents

In contemplating the causes which may disturb our Union, it occurs as matter of serious concern that any ground should have been furnished for characterizing parties by geographical discriminations, Northern and Southern, Atlantic and Western; whence designing men may endeavor to excite a belief that there is a real difference of local interests and views. One of the expedients of party to acquire influence within particular districts is to misrepresent the opinions and aims of other districts. You cannot shield yourselves too much against the jealousies and heartburnings which spring from these misrepresentations;

edit on 7-9-2017 by Kaileena because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
No, no he didn't.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
OK, I didn't watch the video. Just the 1,2 you posted

If you think the "News" we are getting today, is real and fair and honest? I'm sorry.

If you believe everything "Russia" was Trumps fault? I'm sorry

You really need to read more on this site.
edit on 7-9-2017 by chiefsmom because: not AB was 1,2

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sounds more like old George warned us about Hillary.

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kaileena

I thought y'all said George Washington was racist slave owning heathen, now he's a liberal genius who warned of Trumps Russian usurpation of our country?

I can't keep up with you all.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

If you think the "News" we are getting today, is real and fair and honest? I'm sorry.

I have read a great deal of this site. Long lurker, I guess. Most of the news is generally factual. Of course they receive facts from a government that may be hiding things. When the talking head panels get on and ramble, that is not news. That is a bunch of people, like us, rambling.

Everyghing Russia Trump;s fault? No. I never said everything.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
No, no he didn't.

Yes he did.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

The video gives far more information and text from Washington;s Farewell speech. You should watch it or go read the 32 pages. Either one would shed more light and maybe your response would be slightly different.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I thought y'all said George Washington was racist slave owning heathen, now he's a liberal genius who warned of Trumps Russian usurpation of our country?

I can't keep up with you all.

Who is y'all? He was our first President and could out write you while asleep.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

As an amateur internet historian, I have complete authority to tell you that you are wrong.

George Washington never mentioned Trump because he had wooden teeth and it was hard to make the "T" sound.

Plus, George Washington died in a plane crash with Buddy Holly in the early 1800's. So he didn't even know Trump though he may have golfed on one of his courses.

Finally, George Washington invented the utility belt seen on "Batman" movies.

In closing, I think that what I have written is almost as silly as your position and OP. But keep it up!

edit on 7-9-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

The deflection is obvious.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Jokes are on those that would buy into this line of crap.

It could be said and rightly confirmed, that any President after himself went sideways on all kinds of sh#.

You bring an articulate, insightful and profound thinker into today's think for you internet, and expect what?

Some type of astounding paradox???

Apples and oranges make an enticing ambrosa salad...

This isn't even contextually sound.

Good luck though.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Did you really just use a video from cracked as a source?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

No Hon, I'm afraid it wouldn't.

I'm jaded, I don't have much faith anymore in politicians, or media. No matter the age of either.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
no

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Seems like George warned us about virtually every president this country has elected since, oh, sometime around 1849... honestly, can you say with a straight face that most POTUSes haven't gained office by manipulating factions, districts, and regional issues and concerns?

ETA: On the flip side of this, Washington was talking about a totally different world when he retired than we have today. The USA was a 16 state nation whos territory effectively ended at Florida's northern border, the Mississippi River, and a disorganized upper midwest. Hell, during Washington's presidency, there were regions within the USA which attempted independence, such as the state of Franklinland... He was speaking only to the 16 states. There's simply no way in hell a country as massive and spread out as the modern US is can avoid differences in regional priorities nor have a POTUS who effectively represents the interests of all.
edit on 7-9-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As an amateur internet historian, I have complete authority to tell you that you are wrong.

George Washington never mentioned Trump because he had wooden teeth and it was hard to make the "T" sound.

Plus, George Washington died in a plane crash with Buddy Holly in the early 1800's. So he didn't even know Trump though he may have golfed on one of his courses.

Finally, George Washington invented the utility belt seen on "Batman" movies.

In closing, I think that what I have written is almost as silly as your position and OP. But keep it up!

You do have a great sense of humor. But my OP is serious. I don't know about you, but most will not watch the video or read the speech, they will comment first.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaileena

originally posted by: IAMTAT

The deflection is obvious.

Good to know.
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Did you really just use a video from cracked as a source?

I did, they have moved into political satire these last couple months. They are completely serious about their contempt for Trump. This endeavor has been very successful for them.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

In your own words, why is Trump a dictator?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join