It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Sheye
It's not about what impacts me... it's about what impacts Americans. Am I not allowed an opinion unless I am American ?

So nice of you to care about us with your irrelevant anecdotal examples that have zero relevance on the United States. I think we'll be just fine without having to hear how your father and former employer were not impacted by this decision.

Nice bit of bs cruelty there AM.
Sorry you have to stoop to such levels of bad humour , when you don't have a valid comeback.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Sorry you have to stoop to such levels of bad humour , when you don't have a valid comeback.

What is the valid comeback to people interjecting personal issues in their own country and trying to tie them to American domestic policy that doesn't impact them?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What is the valid comeback to people interjecting personal issues in their own country and trying to tie them to American domestic policy that doesn't impact them?

I am not interjecting personal issues from my own country... I am talking about American views on this issue that I have read about. These were issues talked about during presidential campaign.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I am not interjecting personal issues from my own country... I am talking about American views on this issue that I have read about. These were issues talked about during presidential campaign.

You specifically brought up your father and employer and directly tied them to the conversation about this policy that doesn't impact you or your father/employer. Your anecdotes were wholly irrelevant to the conversation.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You specifically brought up your father and employer and directly tied them to the conversation about this policy that doesn't impact you or your father/employer. Your anecdotes were wholly irrelevant to the conversation.

I never brought up my father once ?... or an employer of mine. I suggest you reread my posts 😕

I accept your apology in advance .
edit on 7-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

edit on 7-9-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I never brought up my father once ?... or an employer of mine. I suggest you reread my posts 😕

As has been proven, he lacks reading comprehension, and believes you to be me, I presume. As I am the one who brought up examples of businesses close to me and my life being pushed out due to illegal immigration. Can't be helped, he is a liberal, they dont listen to ideas counter to their own.

edit on 7-9-2017 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2017 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2017 by KnoxMSP because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

And quite frankly, you're not even American and you're bitching about a policy decision in the United States. This doesn't impact you in the least bit.
Source

Yeah Sheye, didn't you know you have no right to interject your opinion about America, but of course American's can say anything they want about every other country. Get with it lady double standards apply here! (END SARCASM)

Sheye - I apologize for the cruelness another ATS used in their reply to you. We ATS’ers (and Americans) are not all so crass and classless.

a reply to: Metallicus

And no, I don’t ‘feel bad' for the illegal. No. I don't 'feel bad' for someone who steals or jacks a car, embezzles another or the rather long list of 'illegal' behavior.

Until we take care of our OWN VETERANS and OUR OWN HOMELESS - Well let's see, what was the old saying? 'Yankee go home'. Let's put a spin on that one and get them OUT.

peace

edit on 3435Thursday201713 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Sorry, I got you confused with the other poster. My mistake.

To the topic, this still doesn't impact you in the slightest. American domestic policy on this matter impacts only United States citizens.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Sorry, I got you confused with the other poster. My mistake.

To the topic, this still doesn't impact you in the slightest. American domestic policy on this matter impacts only United States citizens.

So ... since she didn't answer my question .. I'll assume zazzafrazz is an American or she wouldn't be putting her two cents in either ?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Sheye

And quite frankly, you're not even American and you're bitching about a policy decision in the United States. This doesn't impact you in the least bit.
Source

Yeah Sheye, didn't you know you have no right to interject your opinion about America, but of course American's can say anything they want about every other country. Get with it lady double standards apply here! (END SARCASM)

Sheye - I apologize for the cruelness another ATS used in their reply to you. We ATS’ers (and Americans) are not all so crass and classless.

a reply to: Metallicus

And no, I don’t ‘feel bad' for the illegal. No. I don't 'feel bad' for someone who steals or jacks a car, embezzles another or the rather long list of 'illegal' behavior.

Until we take care of our OWN VETERANS and OUR OWN HOMELESS - Well let's see, what was the old saying? 'Yankee go home'. Let's put a spin on that one and get them OUT.

peace

Thank you for that Silo.. and I am aware that not all Americans are the same.
You are our neighbours... and I do care deeply about what impacts you as a nation.

God bless you Silo.. and may God bless both our countries in these very trying times.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Imagine that your parents moved to another country illegally when you were a kid from no fault/say of your own, now imagine you've been there for most of your adult life and have built up a decent life and work hard and pay taxes through your work permit and have laid a foundation for the rest of your life, etc.

Now imagine someone coming in and taking all your stuff you worked so hard for and then deporting you out of the country all because you had no say in where you were going as a kid.

That would suck wouldn't it? Imagine if the government came to your house today and started seizing your property and telling you you couldn't live there anymore. How would you feel?

Those "illegals" are still people you know, that's why you should feel sorry for them, because their entire lives are going to be upended and destroyed over no fault of their own.

But then again the term "illegal alien/immigrant" takes a little bit of humanity away from the person and makes it easier to not feel sorry for them, so I can see why you possibly wouldn't care about their entire lives being ruined.

This has probably been said already but I only read page 1. I believe the average age of the "dreamer" is like 25 or 26. My question is why haven't they taken the necessary steps to become legal citizens? They have been given plenty of time to do so! The U.S. is not as good as it used to be that is a fact. It's still good but we are being so incredibly flooded with immigrants. Whether it's legal or illegal it is crazy.

I made the trip to the Mall of America this past week. 80%, no #tin, was Muslim. I got nothing against them but for #s sake just like any gang they were #ing annoying as hell. Constantly budging in line because "family" was already in line.

I'm sorry but when you got bomb sniffing dogs running around our malls that is a problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

So ... since she didn't answer my question .. I'll assume zazzafrazz is an American or she wouldn't be putting her two cents in either ?

As far as I know she's a United States citizen.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The good news for non-Hispanic illegals is that all of these illegal immigration enforcements are completely targeted at people who look illegal, ie brown. The illegal Russians, Europeans, Asians, etc. are all in the clear!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

We've had a systemic issue of not caring for our veterans long before we had this current immigration issue and the two are not mutually exclusive. We can do both.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

As far as I know she's a United States citizen.

And she has the right to actually vote.

*shakes head in wonder*

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
And she has the right to actually vote.

*shakes head in wonder*

She's probably the one cancelling yours out. Can you believe she was almost President?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Or am I being overly generous in my assessment...?

No, the issue is the subtly of my argument is going over your head.

The same way people feel now about the current immigration issue is the same way they felt about fill-in-the-blank immigrants in the past. There were attempts to block people by nationality throughout our history due to xenophobic ideals about how it would impact the country. Bottom line is immigration is good, it creates more requirements in the economy that need to be filled by Americans and takes them away from competing countries since it is all a zero sum game.

None of it has EVER been a zero sum game...this is a corporate game that cares not about individuals or balance...and certainly is always tipping over any balance regular people have...THEY DO NOT WANT BALANCE...and thus none exists...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
None of it has EVER been a zero sum game...

Of course it is. When a person/business/investment moves from one geography to another one location gains at the other's expense in some capacity.

edit on 7-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Yes, but they are taking the entry level jobs away from the youth, and entry level workers who have no work experience.

I had two restaurants. I hired the local high school kids for one of them from across the highway from the location. Guess what? None of them wanted to wash dishes. They all wanted to work the front of the house.

I have a question if you don't mind. Why don't you share in responsibility of not being able to obtain a proper support staff? If you would have offered a more generous wage for those undesired positions, maybe they would have filled easier?

In not being able to easily fill those positions as the others, does that then open the door to hiring illegals? Do you still pay all of the employer taxes on those employees like you would for a valid Social Security Card holder?

I wonder how much of an advantage an illegally owned and operated business has over a completely legitimate business that actually follows the laws of this land? Reduced taxes? Reduced overhead?

That almost seems like our H-1B visa system. Corporate servitude. American businesses saying they can't find 'qualified' individuals to hire, where they actually mean they can't find slaves at the salaries they are willing to pay.

Maybe you are right. The biggest dent in this problem could be made by going after the employers of these illegals instead of the law breakers themselves.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join