It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Metallicus
You don't have to feel bad about them in regards to their possibility of deportation. But I would think you may have some sympathy if say 100 illegals were lined up on a wall and executed just for being illegal. I am pretty sure your still human and would feel bad for them from a human perspective if they were victimized.

But you don't have to feel bad about seeing them deported, I don't either.

I have no sympathy.
The illegals chose to break the law and invade a sovereign nation, with the intent of taking money out of citizens pockets. Living in a small mid-west farm town, I have seen summer farm jobs that usually went to high school kids, go to these criminal scum, often for less than half the price.

I say give them ONE notice to leave, ten execute every single one of them.
That is NOT 'victimizing' them, it is punishing them for a crime, and protecting American citizens.
Stop catering to criminal over citizens !

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: windword

It's called taking steps to apply for legal status like any other foreign national who wants to live here has to.

they can't. how on earth do you keep missing that?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Which other countries allow this???

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSkywhat truly scares me is the extreme amounts of doublespeak. illegal aliens becomes undocumented immigrants to being called now dreamers. if they want work here then tax them like everyone else

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Those friggin Irish should have planted something more hardy than goddamn potatoes back home before they infested the United States.

Potatoes were from South America originally. Why they immigrated to Ireland, who knows.

I'm a little bugged by Irish; it's like "I'm fourth generation Irish Catholic."
And I'm like, "Four generations and you're not American yet? What's up with that?"

Not far from where I live is a town founded by Norwegians who jumped ship and swam to shore (wet backs). Nobody deported them. Then more of them immigrated.

So I was painting this one guy's house. He started talking about what crying sissies the American Merchant Marines were during WWII. After a U-boat torpedoed a ship the friendly Norwegians would show up and machine gun the Americans in the water, "and they'd be crying for their mothers".

Somehow or other this Norwegian guy ended up in the U.S. without much trouble. Not the right color for deportation I guess.
Now I went and made myself sick remembering that.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Add my grandfather on my dad`s side and great great grandfather on my mom`s side to the list too.
I also personally know many immigrants who came here through the legal process.
Don`t cheapen their efforts by coming here illegally.

But IMHO.... if your parents brought you here illegally trough no fault of your own, and you serve or served in the US military, you should be given automatic citizenship provided you don`t have a criminal record.

Yes drunk driving counts, as my nephew was hit by an unlicensed drunk illegal who was previously deported back to mexico 4 times, and my nephew has no realistic legal recourse towards compensation.

The rest who are adults without criminal records should be given a set time and path to citizenship with strict criterias. (job, able to support themselves, pay taxes, speak english...etc) If you miss your window....well ya gotta go.

The one`s who are minors.... well...any responsible parent would take their child with them wherever they end up. So... if any family gets " broken up", it`s the fault of the parents again.

If your parents fail to pay the rent, you cant blame the landlord for kicking you all out.
You can only blame your parents.

Stand in line instead of sneaking in.
edit on 7-9-2017 by johnjohn808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Have you offered ypur home to these illegal aliens?

How many kids have you adopted? How many homeless vets do you have living in your home? Take any refugees from Texas in yet? Yadda yadda yadda...

Have you personally offered your job, your life savings and your children's future?

That makes absolutely no sense. There are nearly 4 million children born in the US every year. Are you concerned about them taking your job or "your children's future" (whatever that means)? These young people have ages spanning a range 10-15 years or more. So you're talking about something on the order of a 1% population increase above base.

A statistically insignificant bump.

And how do you think capitalist economies are supposed to work? Serious question. Do more people = less jobs? Doesn't more people = more demand for goods & services = more demand for labor to produce those goods and provide those services? That's kinda how the whole thing is supposed to scale, right?

So open borders then right?

If all of the world's 6billion plus people lived here the US economy would be perfect.

I am so tired of the moral preening from people that demand the poor people of this country open there arms and do more while the people screaming this the loudest are wealthy hypocrites that have money and resources to house the homeless but do nothing.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It´s so silly, third, fourth or fifth generation dreamers(occupiers of north america) act as if they even builded the american continent, to live there.

You are all Dreamers, except the native americans and the afro americans(that were brought there for slavery). If you ultranationalists want to be taken serious, you have to deport yourself now!

And don´t forget:

When Americans were the illegal immigrants

The great irony of the illegal Mexican immigration issue is something that is almost always overlooked by those who disparage Mexico. We acquired half of Mexico by 1848 primarily because of the illegal immigration of citizens of the United States into the Mexican state of Texas in the 1820s and early 1830s.

When Mexico gained its independence from Spain in 1821, Texas was only thinly settled by Spanish-speaking Tejanos. When American impresarios petitioned Mexico to allow some American families to settle in Texas, they were granted permission on the condition that they become Mexican citizens, embrace the Catholic faith, and obey Mexican laws. However, as these legal Americans arrived to take advantage of free land, thousands of illegal Americans also crossed the border.

It wasn’t long before the “illegals” outnumbered the original Tejano population. Moreover, as Mexican law prohibited slavery, the newcomers came up with creative language to describe their human property as other than property. Officials in Mexico were aware of the problem but there was never a sufficient Mexican military presence in Texas to stem the flow of illegals or to enforce the law against slavery.

Exacerbating the challenge was the fact that the Mexican Constitution of 1824 assigned to the national government insufficient powers of purse and sword. In response to a law in 1830 prohibiting further American immigration to Texas and President Santa Anna’s campaign to replace the federal system with a more centralized authority, Texans rebelled in 1836 and declared the Lone Star Republic. The rebels created a constitution that legalized slavery and elected a provisional president who opposed the right of Tejanos to vote.

Some 78 percent of the volunteers flooding into Texas to fight Mexico in 1836 arrived illegally (after 1830). Heroes of the Alamo like Davy Crockett and William Travis were illegal aliens, as was Sam Houston, whose army defeated Santa Anna at San Jacinto. A decade later it was our annexation of Texas, a disputed border, and Mexican refusal to sell us California that prompted the Mexican War by which we acquired the northern half of Mexico.

The story of conflicting loyalties and cultural divide is at the heart of how actress Eva Longoria describes her family history. She explains that her ancestors arrived in Texas in 1603, some 173 years before the United States existed and 243 years before the Mexican War. “We didn’t cross the border,” Longoria reminds us. “The border crossed us.”

But i guess the whole history of the so called and allegedly former united states is just fake news, isn´t it?
Your ancestors were all invited to occupy others land and became automatically legal, because of decimating the natives and destroying nature?

Who made you legal citizens?
Descendants of illegal immigrants, illegal occupiers.
You declared yourself legal, but ask the native americans what they think how legal you all are!

And now some of you behave like, let´s say cultists that put other cultists into gas chambers, just because these other cultists were first or second generation cultists, and not third, fourth or fifth generation cultists that think that only them are the real cultists.

edit on 7 9 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You answered your own question,the parents chose to break the law,so people blame taxpayers?when you break the law there is a good chance you'll be caught,I know I was in charge of my family,time to take responsibility,trying to make people feel bad for obeying laws is criminal,time to grow up,in any other country including Canada would be deported,so why must the US be the patsy?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You whiny illegal lovers. Love them illegals as long as they are not killing someone from your family. Long as you dont personally know someone harmed from a person not supposed to be here it is all good.... but the minute it is your sister raped or your brother hit by a drunk driver, suddenly you find a new respect for the law....
Go ahead and keep defending people who sneak over here, stand around waving the mexican flag. and DEMAND that the citizens of America do their bidding....
They got a free American education. They are now fluent in 2 languages and are more than prepared to excel in academia in their own country. They have a leg up on everyone in mexico when it comes to finding a job. They have the ability to take all they have learned about America and make their own country a better place.
I have no sympathy for them...none. Every seat in every class that they attend is a seat an American citizen is not able to fill.
It seems We The People need to pass laws so that the Men in Suits understand that the benefits that being a legal American citizen provide us... from the protections of the Constitution...... to enrollment in school are for Americans and Americans only and are not bestowed upon anyone who decides to wash ashore.
I have other things I want done with my tax dollars besides footing the bill for people who dont belong here.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry I'm fairly confident that we don't have a death penalty for illegal immigration in this country. I assume you were being sarcastic....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I would be pissed off............. at my parents. a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
I believe that is why POTUS deferred the program for 6 months. So Congress can fix this and help get them a path. From this point on, however, no one else can utilize it. I'm good with that.....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313 Ummm.... Kind of. It is mine to help whom I wish. Its not the governments job to give it away to a charity I do not support. You know, "We the People" that actually have the control over our government but have somehow have naively forgot that....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz Elsborate on that, please.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram
Legal immigrants, yes...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Black_Fox

That's not true. DACA recipients all work or go to school. That's what DACA is, a permit to work or go to school. DACA recipients are not allowed to take government aide.

So illegals do not steal SS numbers to obtain benefits? How long has your head been in the sand? How would you like some illegal using your info?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
I pay taxes. What other proof do you want? A Social Security Card?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Fact: BOOM!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Oh, man! You're using the Truth. Isn't that hate crime, now?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join