It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M 6.3 Explosion - 24km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: meagerhair

Japan now say it was 160 kiloton.

North Korean nuke test put at 160 kilotons as Ishiba urges debate on deploying U.S. atomic bombs

Sep 6, 2017

The government on Wednesday again upgraded its estimated size of North Korea’s latest nuclear test to a yield of around 160 kilotons — more than 10 times the size of the Hiroshima bomb — as a leading member of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party said the country should debate the deploying of U.S. atomic weapons on Japanese soil.

“We cannot rule out the possibility that this was a hydrogen bomb test,” Onodera said.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: modified device
I wonder if he has the testicular fortitude to actually carry out a strike against Guam like he was saying he would. He said he had a Hydrogen bomb and he proved it,think he is going to prove Guam as well?

If he really wants war, nuking Guam would absolutely 100% guarantee it.

What the hell did Guam do to piss him off, anyway? The US military base on Okinawa is closer, and would likely be of more military importance on a war.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I think Guam would show reach ,who knows maybe he just had a bad meal on Guam and he hates that Island because of it or maybe they routinely make fun of him because he's fat

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Okinawa is Japanese territory, that has a US base on it. Guam is US territory. If they hit Okinawa, they guarantee Japanese involvement. If they hit Guam, there's at least a chance that Japan stays out of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

Hell this sounds like its being floated around just to force the Chinese and or Russians to do something about Kim. No way are they going to want US nuclear missiles on Japanese soil. Still cant find where any radiation has been detected either.

The lil bastards been able t make a radiationless hydrogen bomb right under our noses lol.

I dont know if id want US NUKES on Japanese soil either, isn't that what woke up Godzilla.

Hate to joke because this is serious, but think we are being manipulated just a little bit. It isn't as bad as it seems, damn sure isn't at the Cuban missile crisis levels.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
www.38north.org...

revision to 6.1 by CTBTO and NORSAR

6.1 - 250 kilotons. (16x more powerful than Hiroshima)

0.2 less than USGS estimate.

How many more blasts? Will #7 be in the megaton range? 8? 9? 10?

when will the party ever begin?

Radiation detected...

www.scmp.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

I'm still hearing well below that, from reliable sources that are tied to the guys that monitor these tests. They came up with around 140 kt.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Interesting - haha I wouldn't be surprised if I know some of those people your sources know.

On another note I just read an article on zero hedge that cited some Pentagon type folks mentioning it looks like the norks are hardening some sites / preparing some launchers...

If things get wild and crazy I just hope they're after my buds wedding in Monterey CA later this year. I've never been to California and I'd prefer the trip not be interrupted by nuclear shenanigans

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

There's a whole lot of speculation that someone on the outside is helping. They made a hell of a jump from basically a fizzle to 120 kt+.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Z, ya ever seen a Persian cat ?
Real fluffy looking.
Strange eyes as well.

Buck

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The USS Carter came home to port flying the Jolly Roger...

Total WAG that maybe they somehow got some Intel or did some deep sea fishing and may be able to answer that speculation?

Or could be anything - more reports in the media today that the norks have an icbm fueled and ready to go...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

She was altered for littoral intelligence missions, so it sounds like she got something good.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Interesting, very interesting:

The use of the Jolly Roger on submarines originated from British maritime heritage. The whole concept is said to have been the result of a statement made by Admiral Arthur Wilson, the First Sea Lord of the British Royal Navy, in the year 1901—just as submarines started to proliferate in numbers among some of the world's most powerful navies.
They embraced the pirate mascot wholeheartedly as it wasn't their job to be noble, it was to be effective and deadly.
The flag was only allowed to flown if the submarine returned from a successful sortie.
Fast forward to today and the Jolly Roger remains somewhat of an inside symbol among submarine crews, and some American submarines have been known to fly it in the past. Although, the USS Jimmy Carter, whose missions are among the most highly classified in the entire "Silent Service" seems to have a special affinity for the tradition. The boat was seen flying the Jolly Roger following another patrol last April.
As for what the enhanced Seawolf class submarine was up to that garnered the adornment of the Jolly Roger, we will probably never know. It could have been splicing into a communications cable inside unfriendly territory or recovering pieces of a North Korean ballistic missile off the sea floor—it's up to your own imagination to think of the possibilities. Regardless, it's safe to say that whatever it was actually up to, it was likely very important, highly sensitive, and dangerous work.

Why The Navy's Top Spy Submarine Flew A Pirate Flag While Pulling Into Port

Those in the know probably have a good idea by now of what sort of success there was.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Hopefully intel on all their subs ...

with updates ! 😎

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

There's a whole lot of speculation that someone on the outside is helping. They made a hell of a jump from basically a fizzle to 120 kt+.

China

Russia TBD

say...do you know where these countries rank on country honesty rankings....most people don't know how to spot liars...

Trump is the perfect prez for armageddon..I remember seeing Trump buildings in Dubai (2010)...and then I read (at that time) that he had never been to Dubai, perhaps nowhere in the Middle East if I recall....in other words, he don't know much about certain cultures....fame seeker good at real estate business with certain blind spots.

I've seen his buildings in South Korea...though I don't know if he had been there at the time.

Ideally we would have elected a president that had international (Non-military/cia) traveling experience/savvy BEFORE significant national political office. But alas, the last time I recall there was such a person -- Howard Dean -- he was shot down over a shout.

Not sure about other presidents....don't pay much attention...whatever is going to happen...will happen in (relatively) short order..

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The relationship between China and North Korea is not as cut and dry as most people think it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The relationship between China and North Korea is not as cut and dry as most people think it is.

there could be factions supporting NK, and others less wanting....

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join