It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M 6.3 Explosion - 24km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
source
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Possible explosion near the site of earlier nuclear tests
USGS National Earthquake Information Center cannot determine its type, whether nuclear or any other possible type
Lil Kim really wants a war

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
5.6M artificial quake

SEOUL, Sept. 3 (Yonhap) -- A magnitude 5.6 earthquake was detected in northern North Korea on Sunday, South Korea's weather agency said, in an indication of Pyongyang's sixth nuclear test.

Uh oh!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus
indeed,looks like Kim may have that hydrogen bomb he was bragging about.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: modified device

Maybe not. Id be interested in what the sats picked up. Especially if very specific wavelength was present.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: modified device
indeed,looks like Kim may have that hydrogen bomb he was bragging about.

RE: www.foxnews.com...

I was thinking the same thing. Kim Jong is really attempting to provoke us to launch a pre-emptive attack. I hope the U.S. doesn't take the bait. If he wants war, let him make the first strike. (China says that if North Korea starts the war, they will stay out of it.)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That's what I was thinking too.

On a side note: I wonder how much more, geological stress wise, the region can take before a huge disaster!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
How and what does a nuclear bomb usually register

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

We can pre emptively strike north korea with no consequences from china or the rest of the world. Wouldnt be the first time china backed down and got suddenly insecure when the usa dropped its trow to show just how big its stick really is.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It depends on the bomb itself, component wise/size wise.

This article may prove useful for any one out there wondering:

How to tell the difference between a nuke test and an earthquake

edit on 2-9-2017 by auroraaus because: spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

USGS
Just saw it too. I checked the depth and it was 0 so I knew it couldn't be good.

edit on 2-9-2017 by Observationalist because: Add link

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I have 0 clue as I am no geologist but this may have registered as 10x greater than previous tests indicating a stronger weapon being tested,seeing as Kim was bragging he had a hydrogen bomb then this it's a good bet that this is what it is.
I read the depth was 0 km pretty good indicator as well this was an explosion and not earthquake or Kim thrashing about on the floor having a tantrum because he couldn't have seconds for dinner.

and auroraaus
all you have to do is look at the test ranges near area 51 and see how much punishment the land can take,it can take a lot.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

We can pre emptively strike north korea with no consequences from china or the rest of the world. Wouldnt be the first time china backed down and got suddenly insecure when the usa dropped its trow to show just how big its stick really is.

“Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

Steve Bannon

Not because he's a racist that he can't make sense sometimes.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Two tremors recorded in NK

According to the Korean media, a termor with the 5.6 magnitude was detected in Gilju-gun, North Hamgyeong Province around noon on Sunday. Another quake on scale of 4.6 was detected an hour and a half later on the test site.
The United States Geological Survey (USGS) said the first tremor was 6.3 on the exponential scale, suggesting a far bigger test than before. The location of the epicenter was near the site where the North had detonated nuclear explosions in the past.
Chinese authorities also confirmed the detection of a quake, measuring its magnitude at 6.3.

Far bigger test than before eh?

It's getting real! (er)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I would say the government knows exactly what kind of bomb was detonated. We can detect radiation from other stars, we can detect radiation from earth with satellites also.
Maybe soon man will finally understand why you shouldn't try to pop the bubble that you live on. But I am sure someone would have a very good reason to want to start a nuclear war. That reason would be somewhat relate-able to psychopathy.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Let me guess, China is helping them and sharing the tech with Iran

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I wonder if he has the testicular fortitude to actually carry out a strike against Guam like he was saying he would. He said he had a Hydrogen bomb and he proved it,think he is going to prove Guam as well?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: modified device

and auroraaus
all you have to do is look at the test ranges near area 51 and see how much punishment the land can take,it can take a lot.

That may be so - but it's not like area 51 is as close to volcanic/geologically unstable areas as NK's testing site is!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Yep, Kim is trolling..don't fall for it by attacking preemptively, if a preemptive attack is made it's not going to be good..and when I say not good..I mean really, really bad.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
it isn't that far from the San Andreas.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Yep, Kim is trolling..don't fall for it by attacking preemptively, if a preemptive attack is made it's not going to be good..and when I say not good..I mean really, really bad.

To be fair - a preemptive attack by other side is not going to be good.

Diplomacy is failing and military solution looks catastrophic. I'm stumped at how this could end peacefully without blood shed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join