It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M 6.3 Explosion - 24km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

there's about 7

US, UK, France, Russia, China, Pakistan, India and though not declared officially - Israel. Add NK then there's 8.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
We are holding steady at "Fade Out" or Def-Con 5 at the moment.
There is no major activity at GCS (Global Strike Command).

If we bump to Double Take or Round House I'll post here.

Buck

That is great, but it bothers me that that information might be somehow available to them as well. So, perhaps, in a stealthy way, it would not be announced? Wondering, been out of the mil for a long time.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The numbers do not add up. To make the folks in SK feel more at ease they are going to make this seem as small as possible.

100kt is only 10x the last device. You are dealing with 100x the energy release to ring a seismometer 1/2 way around the globe at the Richter delta levels involved.

The risk here is that if he feels people are not respecting what he says is that he could go bigger to end people denying his claims.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Japan, China say no radiation found

TOKYO (AFP) - Japan and China said Monday (Sept 4) they had not yet detected any atmospheric radiation from North Korea's nuclear test, amid fears of a leak from a "cave in" during the underground blast.

These are initial results from atmospheric testing from various monitors.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: meagerhair

The numbers do not add up. To make the folks in SK feel more at ease they are going to make this seem as small as possible.

For me too, it does not compute! Energy released from a M6.3 event is 2.8MT according to Kelly's tables.

There are couples folks here that are knowledgeable in earthquake science, time to show up guys!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

there's about 7

US, UK, France, Russia, China, Pakistan, India and though not declared officially - Israel. Add NK then there's 8.

Thankyou. I heard on the news today that there were 5 and just accepted it. India and Pakistan hate each other. Maybe the secret is to ensure that countries which hate each other are both armed with nuclear weapons? Arm South Korea and they won't be so easily intimidated by North Korea.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
North Korea is key - A button to be pushed by TPTB. War is the agenda so don't believe for a second that North Korea wont be specifically pressured to start a war. As more eyes turn and become aware of the mechanisms of social stratification that lead to endless war by the economic elite, the more chaos will be introduced to the system to distort that vision, and hinder any progress at bringing those economic entities down.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Just a heads up for anyone currently lurking - there's reports of NK preparing for another missile launch.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
Just a heads up for anyone currently lurking - there's reports of NK preparing for another missile launch.

Sources?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Reports of ballistic missile readying
SK detects NK missile launch preparations
NK ballistic missile imminent

Defence ministry offical Chang Kyung-soo said: "We have continued to see signs of possibly more ballistic missile launches. We also forecast North Korea could fire an intercontinental ballistic missile."

from my post in another NK thread

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

The problem is that I'm not getting my numbers from "them". I'm getting them through private conversations with people that know, and have no reason to hide it from me. People that have been involved in previous analysis, and still have ties to the ones working on this one.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Give all the surrounding countries with no nukes, a bunch of it. Directed to Fatty Kim. He will think twice. Its all Yin-yang. So next time he farts. Push the button.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A thin-cased 100 kiloton weapon optimized for gamma ray production (or even the relatively-primitive super oralloy bomb of more than 61 years ago) detonated 250 to 300 miles above Nebraska, might destroy just about every piece of unprotected electronic equipment in the continental United States, southern Canada and northern Mexico (except for small items not connected to any external wiring). Such a weapon would also very likely knock out 70 to 100 percent of the electrical grid in this very large area. Nearly all unprotected electronic communications systems would be knocked out. In the best of circumstances, as completely unprepared for such an event as we are now, reconstruction would take at least three years if the weapon were large enough to destroy large power grid transformers.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

China will officially stay out either way, and unofficially support NK either way.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gflyg
I havent read all the comments but does anyone else think russia is being too quiet about this? I think they are supplying NK with what it needs to start a proxy war with US. My insticts tell me the reason toad boy keeps stressing that "every" part of the weapon was made in his own country just reeks of"i'm getting all my parts from somewhere else" russia with help from china is pushing NK too start a war with US. The way and speed that North Korea is rorcing the USA hand.

good insight...putin is power hungry (say...how does that happen...people who already have it all, want more and more.....) well..until people realize the key to taming the ego and choose to tame their own...well..this stuff continues.. the key is out now...someday we will learn it...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: dontneedaname

originally posted by: anotherside
nuclear launch detected
Starcraft spoof.

What if we forced all miltaries to disarm and play video games to challenge eachother instead of total war..oh wait that too is a fun game.

Death is permanent.

what if people playing video games is a contributing factor to why the meme/thought of people wanting war continues...learn about quantum entanglement

Quantum entanglement dont work that way. A person has no control over their government declaring war. So no matter how much they may want it its not gonna happen.

And stop blaming video games for peoples bad behaviour. its a excuse. Truth is we are responsible for our own actions regardless of influence. Oh he had a rough childhood... Oh boo freaking hoo. Still woudnt stop me from executing them.

learn about - multiple discoveries - for one. QE does work that way....learn about how twins think and can think and do things at the same time in different places... parental instinct (more motherly than fatherly)... all clues...about how we are all connected.

but doesn't matter much now...things will play out as they need to play out. life is just a movie that I will watch for now. History...is just a funny movie when you zoom out far enough.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Security council meeting is lining up China and Russia against everyone else. China just said US and South Korea must take actions to de- escalate by ending joint exercises and open dialogue with DPRK. China said they will not allow hostilities on the peninsula. Next they will probably suggest we send planes loads of cash to the DPRK.

Will continue to be an intresting meeting but with sides digging in it will not be productive.
edit on 4-9-2017 by meagerhair because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Spaceentity

Sadly, we've only just gotten the ball rolling on protecting our civilian power grid.

Link

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cofactor

For me too, it does not compute! Energy released from a M6.3 event is 2.8MT according to Kelly's tables.

There are couples folks here that are knowledgeable in earthquake science, time to show up guys!

No, in Wikipedia's Richter magnitude scale examples ( en.wikipedia.org... )
you can see a 15 kiloton bomb dropped on Hiroshima produced a 6.0 earthquake and using a simple calculator : ( www.convertalot.com... ) you can see that a 6.3 earthquake is an equivalent to 42.5 kilotons of TNT.
I'm not sure whether you mean the released energy or the equivalent yield (in TNT), though.

Anyway, a 6.3 magnitude earthquake would produce 1.778279e+14 Joules of energy = 178 TJ, or is an equivalent to an explosion of 42.5 kilotons of TNT.

Just for comparison, the most powerful nuclear weapon ever tested was "Tsar Bomb" in 1961 by the Soviet Union. Tsar bomb had a yield of 50 megatons of TNT (210 PJ).

95% of people do not even understand the exponential function, so it's pretty hard to understand and think in logarithmic scale (Richter's).
edit on 4-9-2017 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Picture circulating sure looks like it has a secondary. Pretty sure that's a gas booster attached to the warhead on the rear. That would explain their claims of differential yield. Now the question is, is it functional or just for show to say "look, we thermonuclear too"? Next question is this a W-88 variant because of the shape? Did China give them the peanut?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join