It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR wants McDonald’s employees fired for hiding bacon in Muslim family’s sandwiches

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I won't debate if the incident is real or not as I have no idea but I do have a question here on "Islamic Anti-Pork Dieting Restrictions"..... If it is not allowable to eat pork is it OK to eat crappy fast food that is cooked on the same grill and lard / grease as the bacon and ham is?

nbc4i.com...

The Alabama chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Alabama) called the franchise today with the request after the family sent them a video taken yesterday, after they each found a small piece of bacon on each sandwich. Eating pork products are strictly prohibited in Islam.

A representative from CAIR-Alabama says they also contacted McDonald’s corporate management in order to put pressure on the franchise to provide surveillance of the incident as well as an apology for the employees’ actions.

“McDonald’s should investigate this incident, identify and terminate the employees responsible, and take proactive steps to satisfy this American family’s concerns, starting with an apology,” Hadeed said.

www.cair.com... s-order-meet-with-family-to-apologize.html

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Since when is McDonald's halal??
Although jihad against ronald mcdonald is justified

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Cair should be deported, on slow ship that serves nothing but food cooked in fatback bacon grease.

+17 more 
link   
If you're tricked, forced or have no other option then it's not prohibited...

With that said, I'm sure we could all think of something we'd rather wasn't snuck into our meals.
Especially out of bigotry.

&... With that said, how do we know this family didn't put it in there themselves.
Some people are twisted like that.

Oh well...

+59 more 
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Their religion is not even a factor in my opinion on why whomever was responsible, if this were substantiated, would have been fired if that were my franchise, tampering with people's food is a total douche maneuver and they don't belong in the hospitality industry.

edit on 1-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I think it is important if they specifically asked for a pork free meal.

Religious dietary restrictions aside, you have to treat is as a food allergy. If you haven't eaten pork your whole life it can make you sick.

So this isn't a religious matter more so a food safety matter in my opinion.

I used to work at a country club, with the whole gluten free craze we had many people inquire on gluten free food. We would go out of our way to prepare on separate cutting boards but stressed we couldn't promise it was completely gluten free as anyone in a busy kitchen knows flour can touch anything in a kitchen without some one realizing.

But if you say that's its free of something a customer doesn't want, and isn't. You're liable. You're more than welcome to say you can't promise to facilitate a request.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

A racist employee went out of their way to offend the family. It doesn't matter why.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Why does a fast-food joint have to be halal in order for somebody to request "no pork". Lots of people request that, not just halal folk.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
As long as you throw AIPAC on the same boat with them, sure I am ok with that.

If I were McDonalds, I just be like "oh hey our bad, someone made the order incorrectly. Thats all
"

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

A racist employee went out of their way to offend the family. It doesn't matter why.

Saying an employee is racist because small pieces of bacon are REPORTEDLY found on sandwiches.

I've never seen the cutting boards in a fast food restaurant, but I've worked at high end restaurants and can tell you during busy times they may have food crumbs on the cutting boards.

If you don't say you're allergic to something, you may get a rougue tomatoe piece in your salad.

But ya see, since all of us have the same amount of evidence (barely any) I'm just offering different scenarios before calling people racist and guilty when they work for 7.50 an hour and may not have cleaned their cutting board (imagine that).

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

CAIR wants McDonald’s employees fired for hiding bacon in Muslim family’s sandwiches

response to headline
...why?
They got caught smuggling bacon to Muslims?

(Lots of Muslims eat bacon, even openly. Just like Catholics use birth control, and Jews get Christmas trees sometimes.)

or was it to offend the Muslims by tainting their food with it?

why did they do it?

Now, to tune in to the show. F/S for topic of interest.

+16 more 
link   
I bet as they ate it they were thinking...Wow this is the best damn sandwich I have ever eaten...

link   
But they were making the sandwiches more yummy

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: dashen

Why does a fast-food joint have to be halal in order for somebody to request "no pork". Lots of people request that, not just halal folk.

I read the article. No where did it say they specified no pork. While you may be quick to assume why wouldn't they? Because it was chicken sandwiches.

So easy their with your racist trigger finger.

Also did you watch the video?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

LOL. You do have a good point about the grease and lard. Why would they want to eat at McDonald's if they knew the grease would be made from pork stuff?
Crazy.
If the story is true then yeah fire them if they hide the bacon in sandwiches out of spite.

link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

With that said, how do we know this family didn't put it in there themselves.

Thats a point. I remember a news article came out locally several years ago where a woman put a dead rat on her sandwich . And sued. Lawsuit didnt end well for her . Seems like it is against the law to bring a dead rat into a restaurant.

+5 more 
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
But they were making the sandwiches more yummy

I like bacon as much as anyone but that is not the point I was making.

You could get some idiot putting dog s*** on your Big Mac thinking he's making it more yummy for you. People who purposefully mess with other people's food don't belong serving or preparing food.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Moral of the storie ... dont let people prepare ur food that are paied minimum wage ... i bet i can name 10 diferrent times things where toss in food at a fast food place ... u want cheap food made bye people willing to take minimum wage well u get this

I mean come on they put weed in a cops burger once

And yea i can almost garentee u theres pork in some form on everything u order at most fast food places ... along with many other things

If this was indeed diliberate tho they will get money

Also most "cooks" at mcdonalds arnt qulified to wash dishes at a resturant

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Damn. I wish all the workers who got my orders wrong where fired too, but I don't think I would actually make a case out of it. But I do go back to get the correct order. I also check out my food before I eat it. Some people really hate it I guess.
edit on 1-8-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

[FROM YOUR SOURCE] :

Eating pork products are strictly prohibited in Islam.

Yeah, so is wearing two different kinds of fabric at the same time strictly prohibited and also shellfish in Judaism and Christianity!!!

That line above? THAT is a sensationalist click-bait line that should never have been allowed to be published by any self-respecting editor.

extremism vs sane

As for the pork thing: It's just "traditional" and old-fashioned and very very extreme. the source makes it sound like Muslims in the west are beheaded for even being within smelling-distance of bacon.....

that's how "fake news" starts.
edit on 1-8-2017 by MortonBunkum because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2017 by MortonBunkum because: that's how fake news starts dammit

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join