It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR wants McDonald’s employees fired for hiding bacon in Muslim family’s sandwiches

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Make em come up with the printed receipt . That would be the know all , end all

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think it is important if they specifically asked for a pork free meal.

Religious dietary restrictions aside, you have to treat is as a food allergy. If you haven't eaten pork your whole life it can make you sick.

So this isn't a religious matter more so a food safety matter in my opinion.

I used to work at a country club, with the whole gluten free craze we had many people inquire on gluten free food. We would go out of our way to prepare on separate cutting boards but stressed we couldn't promise it was completely gluten free as anyone in a busy kitchen knows flour can touch anything in a kitchen without some one realizing.

But if you say that's its free of something a customer doesn't want, and isn't. You're liable. You're more than welcome to say you can't promise to facilitate a request.

If you have a pork allergy, I would not leave it to the geniuses at McDonalds to make sure you don't get sick. Regardless of whether someone put tiny pieces of bacon on their sandwich's.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I give it a week before they sue for an undisclosed amount.

I smell a scam.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Since when is McDonald's halal??
Although jihad against ronald mcdonald is justified

I can't search right now but I was under the impression all fast food outlets had become halal because from a business point of view it is nescassarry

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Religious dietary restrictions aside, you have to treat is as a food allergy. If you haven't eaten pork your whole life it can make you sick.

I used to work at a country club, with the whole gluten free craze we had many people inquire on gluten free food. We would go out of our way to prepare on separate cutting boards but stressed we couldn't promise it was completely gluten free as anyone in a busy kitchen knows flour can touch anything in a kitchen without some one realizing.

But if you say that's its free of something a customer doesn't want, and isn't. You're liable. You're more than welcome to say you can't promise to facilitate a request.

If you have a pork allergy, I would not leave it to the geniuses at McDonalds to make sure you don't get sick. Regardless of whether someone put tiny pieces of bacon on their sandwich's.

I can't really argue much there. It wasn't just chicken in those parties either....

It is a little silly for someone with dietary needs to go to McDonald's where it's a stretch to call it food in the first place.

Moral of the story, if you need to know what's in your food.... Go somewhere you can read and understand the ingredients.

If they did do it intentionally, they should be fired, that's f'ed up.
edit on 1-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: dashen
Since when is McDonald's halal??
Although jihad against ronald mcdonald is justified

I can't search right now but I was under the impression all fast food outlets had become halal because from a business point of view it is nescassarry

You are kidding right?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Did the "Victims" get back in line for a 2nd sandwich ?

I bet it tasted oh-so-good !!

Video reviews will expose what really happened.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

I can't really argue much there. It wasn't just chicken in those parties either....

It is a little silly for someone with dietary needs to go to McDonald's where it's a stretch to call it food in the first place.

Moral of the story, of you need to know what's in your food.... Go somewhere you can read and understand the ingredients.

If they did do it intentionally, they should be fired, that's f'ed up.

I will agree with you 100%.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Nope, if you ran an international business would you intentionally not cater for a some 1/3 of the population?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Their religion is not even a factor in my opinion on why whomever was responsible, if this were substantiated, would have been fired if that were my franchise, tampering with people's food is a total douche maneuver and they don't belong in the hospitality industry.

No doubt. Messing with people's food should be instant termination (or worse depending what they did to the food).

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Nope, if you ran an international business would you intentionally not cater for a some 1/3 of the population?

Yeah, I don't think we have many halal fast food joints in most of the US. That is silly. Almost every fast food chain has bacon or ham and it is prepared and cooked in the same space and the same grill and the same grease fryers as everything else.
edit on 1-8-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Before we assume anything, let's be realistic. I've gone through fast food drive throughs so many times and gotten exactly *not* what I ordered that it's crazy.

There are in fact two McDonald's chicken sandwiches that come with bacon as a standard item. Both BBQ ones. If you order a standard menu item and then specially request that part of it be left off, odds are that someone will just take a pre-made sandwich out from under a heat lamp and remove the offending item or that someone will forget and try to put that item on the standard sandwich anyhow. If that happens, small bits of the offending item can be left on the sandwich.

That is unless you specify you have some kind of life or death allergy
edit on 1-8-2017 by ketsuko because: chicken ... bacon ... who's paying attention to one little word

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Only two mcdonald's in the US were halal and in Dearborn Michigan. linky

FYI they stopped offering it because they are mcdonald's.
I encourage you to look up what makes something halal, it's alot more than just pork not being in it.
edit on 1-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
why not?? 95% of food sold in America (and some pots and pans, dish and laundry detergents as well) are certified Kosher. Even those tv dinners and potato chips and cereal, canned vegetables etc..

The Kosher food tax was an active conspiracy for a few years in the mid - late 2000's . I still have trouble understanding why the majority of USA's food is certified to meet the demands of about 1% of the population.

Besides, arent Halal and Kosher pretty much the same?? I guess everything is Halal after all.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I smell a 7 to 8 figures law suit is right around the corner.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Kind of what I was eluding to earlier.

So if a Jewish family got big macs with no dairy and their were pieces of cheese, would we see the same outrage?

I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I will have a good look later, just at a cursory glance I found this relating to the U.K..

The gaurdian

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If an employee hid bacon in a meal knowing that the customers could not eat it due to religious reasons, then they should be fired.

It is the same principal as spitting in someones food,
you just don't do that to the customer, and they leave company open to a lawsuit.

Doesn't matter what religion it is.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
My opinion is that it is probably true. It wouldn't surprise in the least being Alabama. The other thing is they are not looking to sue.

Apology and the ones responsible fired is what they want.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The sandwich description. What it was is visible in the pic.

A crispy McChicken patty topped with Buffalo sauce, creamy buttermilk ranch and shredded lettuce, served on a toasty bun. Buffalo Ranch McChicken

It looks like they have a point. That was a crappy thing to do and the employees should be fired.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join