It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAIR wants McDonald’s employees fired for hiding bacon in Muslim family’s sandwiches

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Since the largest population is in Indonesia maybe they will have Lumpia or we could say Muslims eat Curry since India is so populated. Massaman is good also.

What I was trying to do was simply use terms that average person might understand. Hell people in the US think a Sikh is a Muslim....

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If it was done maliciously then yeah there should be repercussions, Imagine if they done it to a Jew.

The religion may be what it is but end of day should be respected as much as any other. That being said this may be another set up like clockboy designed to stir up sympathy and outrage as is the rage nowadays.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No worries.

The metropolis where I'm staying right now has Ethiopian restaurants, Nigerian restaurants, Indian restaurants (India), etc. Each of those countries has massive Muslim populations, meaning that some of the dishes served there are also Halal/Islamic dishes. We also have a lot of Muslims in our African American communities (like me lol), so a lot of the mom & pop shops also serve Muslim-friendly dishes.

And ironically, one of the only 2 places where I've gotten falafel was owned by non-Muslim Middle Easterners lol. It was supposed to be a vegetarian friendly hamburger replacement, but falafel isn't meant for that at all (translation: it was a falafel "patty" w/the works on it; might as well have gotten a salad).

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Wrong on all counts if they didn't go into tur store to complain the case will get thrown out. Any judge is going to have expectations that they talked with management.

Even if they did complain, that isn't proof of wrongdoing. Not grounds to fire someone, certainly, with no proof beyond a single piece of bacon that anyone could have placed there. Why no video of them complaining, I wonder?

If mcdonalds is like Taco bell my next step as management would have been to review the tapes. If I saw employees screwing around they would have been history. Me not doing that opens the store up to liability. If I can go in front of a judge and say your honor we had to employees that thought this was funny I fired them. At that point the judge would dismiss the case as it has been brought to a conclusion.

If I watched the tape and I see no bacon was added to their order. Then I would inform legal depth of that. They of course would tell them that we have video proof that they were lying. This is why they install the cameras our store had 8 some watching dining area drive thru and the line. I didn't know why they had all the cameras at first but later I understood as they came in handy so many times.

If they do not have any proof they didn't put it on the burger and the only evidence supplied is the pictures they will lose. So reality is you fire the employees because you don't want someone working their that could do this again and possibly kill someone. And second it makes it very difficult for someone to get a cash reward if the judge believes you did everything possible to prevent this in the future.

How many stores do have cameras, though, in the cooking areas? I have seen them in the front, on registers, but don't know of places having them in the back. Been a while since I was in the back of such a place, though. They'd definitely help in a case like this, to prove whether or not the claim has any validity. I do remember the case of some idiot licking taco shells, and being caught because there were cameras. If I ran place, I'd want them in all employee areas just for cases like this!

I wonder if we will ever see the video, if there is video. I really hope there is, and we can know the truth. With all of the faked cases these days, I won't assume this one is real without it!!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah I did... I was just suggesting an alternative. No need to get your feelings hurt.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging

Yeah I did... I was just suggesting an alternative. No need to get your feelings hurt.

Nothing about feelings, if you admittedly saw that I added that qualifier then all you're doing is adding the same one.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

No I'm just making it clear. Unlike you, who was just brushing past that particular point, I decided to focus on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

No I'm just making it clear. Unlike you, who was just brushing past that particular point, I decided to focus on it.

What part of 'if this were substantiated' is not clear to you? I mean it's only four words, maybe I can make it shorter.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I got that... but you know.. thanks for being condescending it really helps me understand better... I guess my original point must have rubbed you the wrong way which wasn't my intention. So.. you know.. maybe stop being such an ass?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: infolurker
Besides, arent Halal and Kosher pretty much the same?? I guess everything is Halal after all.

Nope. Similar concept but different in practice.

Plus, if you want to be picky, it's arguably not possible to be both halal and kosher as you would need to pray to two different Gods at the same time. If someone is devout enough to be slaughtering animals according to ritual practice, I suspect they might have a theological issue with doing that

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Kosher foods are perfectly acceptable for Halal requirements. In fact, a lot of Muslims go out of our way to find Kosher certified foods if we can't find Halal certified foods. The Qu'ran literally accepts Christians, Jews, and Sabaeans as fellow "People of the Book/Scripture" who follow the same God as us.

This is from Surah 5:69, (Pickthall translation)

69. Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians - Whosoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

And here's a passage from the Qur'an which should get the point across. Surah 2:136 (Pickthall translation):

136. Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

So nope, we're not praying to different deities, at least not in our eyes. Of course Christians and Jews may feel differently. Although it's worth noting that "Allah" is simply the Arabic word for "God", so Arabic speaking Christians also refer to "God" as "Allah".

Also, Kosher requirements are much stricter than Halal requirements. But some Islamic sects actually go with the stricter Kosher requirements because of their interpretation of a separate Qur'anic verse which basically tells us to follow some of the teachings from previous believers. I can't remember the verse though so I can't link it lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I just want to let you know I appreciate your clarifications. Thanks for spreading your knowledge.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No problem. It's one of the reasons I stopped lurking and got an account here.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I guess my original point...

...was the same as my point, you just didn't seem to grasp it or you chose to ignore it. Your pick.

(post by Voyaging removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

I said 'if this were substantiated', you said:

Unless the family did it themselves for publicity

Which would make it unsubstantiated and the same point I am making.

edit on 20-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have so many questions about this. Is there any proof of this? How big was this "small piece of bacon"? If it was smaller than the size of a pickle, I think we need to ask if it could've simply been accidental cross-contamination. Did they order something that normally has bacon and somebody simply messed up when they asked for it to be left off?

(post by Voyaging removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You also included a nice synopsis of what you would do if the claims were substantiated. Which, subtly hints at what you think probably happened. Which is why I decided to add on to your claim of,' if it were unsubstantiated', by saying it could have been something totally different to what you were alluding to.

'If this were substantiated' covers all scenarios where the action is not legitimate. What cant you seem to grasp about this?

Let me help you with an abridged version of my comment, 'if true'.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Wow your superiority complex really looks bad on you. I'm done responding to an obvious troll like you. The ironic thing is, you were one of the members I did have a good amount of respect for... Too bad, I guess not everyone can get along... even when unprovoked...

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join