It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
So why do transgendered drop out of long term studies ?
What percentage are involved in the sex trades ?
Enquiring minds want to know .

I did a lot of reading for you this weekend. What did I learn? Well there were MANY more studies done to study SRS, it's effects and the very issue you keep echoing in this thread...regret.

Besides a biased article that you provided that misrepresented a dated study from 2004, I found that there are so many other studies that prove contrary to the information you're attempting to push. That ALREADY dated study from 2004 that was mentioned in your biased article was actually just a minor update to an even MORE dated study from back in 1997, which again..if anything, shows SRS 'effectiveness/ineffectiveness' with high inconclusiveness.

Reasoning for dropout will always be purely speculative, many are quoted as dropping out post surgery due to the fact that they wish to carry on their lives with some shred of normalcy instead of continued participiation within a study that has now been found to be not up to par with the 'gold standard' of scientific reporting (hence why the 2004 study should not even be referenced anyhow).

As well, your claim that those who have regrets with SRS are bullied by their own community, there has not been anything to prove this as a substantiation worth noting and should not be considered the norm and is instead an outlier. As well, within these additional more recent studies ranging from 2005 onward, they have concluded within an actual study that less than 2% of the ALREADY very limited amount of trans that get SRS show signs of regret. There will always be a chance for surgical regret of any kind. In fact, the amount of those that 'regret' SRS is far less than that of something as common as gastric bypass.

Those that showed signs of regret admitted to not having proper support from family and society following their surgery. Furthermore, this pertained to those that completed SRS PRIOR to 1989. In the 1990s, healthcare availability and acceptance for members of the trans community saw a vast improvement which does very little to provide any validity to your claims and this thread.

You posted very biased articles from biased websites showing misconceptions and misrepresentations. You were dishonest for a good portion of this thread. If you actually took the time to research, you would see your misconceptions being shattered before your very eyes. Below you will find links to UNBIASED scientific studies and peer-reviewed reports in their entirety. Not articles from biased publishers. If you take the time to actually read any of them, maybe you'd learn a thing or two about how very wrong this entire thread is. Try and be open minded to actual studies instead of biased articles that confirm your very own biases. This thread is just another manufactured problem on your part.

Peer-reviewed scientific studies and reports:

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...;jsessionid=B762F82F4564FB01651D68B07C5AEEAB.f01t04?deniedAccessCustomised Message=&userIsAuthenticated=false

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

link.springer.com...

www.researchgate.net... ce_and_Regrets

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.researchgate.net... ce_and_Regrets

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.sciencedirect.com...

link.springer.com...:1024086814364#page-1

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I'm wondering if this is enough for you to see your thread is regarding biases and manufactured problems?....
I would strongly advise at doing some actual homework before making baseless threads.
But, of course, I fully expect for you to not look at ANY of these and for you to call them all biased, just because you say so.

edit on 24-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: spelling error

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112
I heard they need to keep a dildo in their newly made hole or the body will try to close what it perceives as an open would. If you want to be a sexual deviant you should probably just stick with wearing dresses, make up and wigs.

Maybe you should get some facts before you post such ignorant garbage. Besides, just because wearing dresses, heels and makeup is all that it takes to make you feel complete, that just means that you're a transvestite. The only sexual deviant is the one who suppresses their needs. Furthermore, confusing gender with sexuality makes you look more stupid than you already come off as. Knowledge is power but on ATS, ignorance apparently is king.

It really never fails within these types of threads. SMH. People argue nonsense when they don't even know the differences between the very terms in which they're using.

I'm happy to see you still around.

edit on 24-7-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Your condescending attitude makes me not want to read any of your links.

And if they have anything to do with Tavistock , then they are biased and pushing an agenda.

I'll stick with different sources , thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

And if they have anything to do with Tavistock , then they are biased and pushing an agenda.

Haha, I knew it. But, at least it is out there for other people to read...and for other people to see you further manufactured reasons to NOT read them and become informed.

Happy hunting, Sheye.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Even before you deemed me as "condescending" (which, in itself is completely unwarranted and unfounded), you would not have read them. You continue to purposefully ignore legitimate studies and sources. Your willful ignorance is blatant to everyone even more so now than before.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You're right the proper term was dilate, I was reading someone posting I think on reddit who regretted their surgery it sounded painful and disgusting.

library.transgenderzone.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Actually I would have read them had they been posted without sarcasm and condescending attitude.

Read your posts to me Reya... carefully.. and you will understand why I am choosing to ignore you as much as possible.
That being said I still stand by the original links posted.

You can call me ignorant all you want.. time will prove who is correct in their judgement.

edit on 24-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112

You're right the proper term was dilate, I was reading someone posting I think on reddit who regretted their surgery it sounded painful and disgusting.

library.transgenderzone.com...

Interesting link .. thank you for posting..

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

"I was totally gonna read all of those scientific studies until you hurt my fee fees".

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

"I was totally gonna read all of those scientific studies until you hurt my fee fees".

I'm sure it does have bells 😆

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I was going to but I won't now because [manufactured reasoning here]

The perfect sentence for perfect willful ignorance.

And there she goes again with the vague religious references...

"Time will tell because Jesus. That is all."

If your only sources are biased websites and Jesus...not many within the scientific world or the academic world at all will take you seriously.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Actually I would have read them had they been posted without sarcasm and condescending attitude.

Read your posts to me Reya... carefully.. and you will understand why I am choosing to ignore you as much as possible.
That being said I still stand by the original links posted.

You can call me ignorant all you want.. time will prove who is correct in their judgement.

You have scientific evidence and study provided for you right there and you didn't have to put forth any effort and you're purposefully ignoring it because you're taking my posts a certain way?

Explain to me how that isn't willful ignorance? Explain to me how that isn't childish and oafishly stubborn?
Again, I give you the courtesy to properly explain and clarify yourself in detail but you squander every opportunity for any multitude of silly reasons. Whether it is that continued unnecessary 'I hurt your feelings' or some other coy, baseless and manufactured reasoning.

The facts are as follows..all semantics and FEELINGS aside:

I posted 10 scientific studies that refute your claims in OP. You mention how you are purposefully not going to look at them.

Again, divulge to me how that isn't willful ignorance?

I, both honestly and sincerely, would like to know.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It's because this thread is nothing more than another episode of "How to Rationalize Your Bigotry".

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It's because this thread is nothing more than another episode of "How to Rationalize Your Bigotry".

Lol, Ilike that.

Wherein they reference articles that mis-reference information to rationalize their own bigotry.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I read some of them .. and I think they are biased.

I think you continue to try and demean me, which is your privilage.. I'm not going to run to mods.
Your tone is very condescending, and while my feelings aren't hurt ( i have a thick skin unlike some transgendered, transvestites, and others from LGBTQ community).. I don't have to respond to a condescending tone , if I choose not to.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It's pretty hard to be biased when it's peer reviewed.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

Lol, Ilike that.

Wherein they reference articles that mis-reference information to rationalize their own bigotry.

"This week, on How to Rationalize Your Bigotry, we're going to pull out all of your favorite go-to rationalizations out of context from questionable sources so you don't have to! Stay tuned to a special feature about Was it Really Rape with a bonus monologue from a real live black republican here to tell us how other black people just didn't work hard enough! It's an episode that promises to make you feel as righteous as you know you deserve to feel!"

Lol

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

It's pretty hard to be biased when it's peer reviewed.

Actually its not... it could be argued that this issue of transgender has been pushed by some ( within the peer reviewed studies) and in the medical communities as a healthy alternative to gender dysphoria.

We'll just have to see what crazy train science takes us on next. Makes me want to not donate any of my body to science..I know that.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

That's quite a conspiracy theory involving millions of scientists and doctors.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I read some of them .. and I think they are biased.

I think you continue to try and demean me, which is your privilage.. I'm not going to run to mods.
Your tone is very condescending, and while my feelings aren't hurt ( i have a thick skin unlike some transgendered, transvestites, and others from LGBTQ community).. I don't have to respond to a condescending tone , if I choose not to.

Sheye, at this point, you're making things up. The mods would have nothing to do because I have not been condescending. You're taking my posts personally and incorrectly. So, even if you wanted to 'report' me to mods, I haven't done anything outside of the T & C. So, not sure why you're even bringing that up as a remote plausibility.

And at this point ,you're calling those peer-reviewed studies biased just because you feel like it. Do you see how silly that is? Just because you feel like calling actual studies biased, it does not make it so and it certainly does not make your stance and your OP article seem any more credible.

And again and again I tell you I'm not being condescending, but you'd rather your feelings do the controlling and you continue to be blind to the entire point of all my posts. You haven't done any actual research and you've created an entire thread and are formulating posts on concepts that have been studied and have been found to be false.

And I keep genuinely trying to have an honest discussion with you and ask questions for you to clarify your stance, not because (as you put it) I want to call you biased 'just because', but because it will help other posters (like myself) to better understand where you're coming from. But you keep ignoring the questions and putting words in my mouth. You keep lying and making false presumptions about me. And finally you reference them when it is convenient for you to look like the victim by saying I'm demanding answers.

I'm not demanding anything. I am just repetitively asking questions that you're repetitively ignoring in their entirety.

And why bring up your opinion that trans don't have thick skin? That's not very considerate with how out-of-the-blue that statement is. It's okay for people (you) to be wrong. It's okay to not be the only one suffering. I haven't seen one trans try and make the world revolve around their suffering. That has never been the case. But any time we try to address some form of cruelness being aimed at them or anytime we have tried to assist in minimizing the stigma and pain they feel for just being who they are, you say something inconsiderate and try to make yourself look more like a victim. "I have thick skin, but they don't blah blah." or "They're being coddled, why can't I?" or "I got made fun of for being a Christian, they're not the only ones that suffer. What about me blah blah?" You should stop trying to play the victim by basis of false correlation and trying to compare and contrast your life to theirs.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join