It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we experiencing a tribulation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism
a reply to: Reverbs

Too little too late in my opinion.

im saying too much too fast lol..
nit the other way..
too many trying to "fix" it in 1,000 different ways.

humanity is not mature enough and i suspect this could go to # real fast, but it may balance out as well..

im putting ALL my eggs in the balance back out because the alternative isnt worth my attention.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I think I do toy. Looking at as much of all of this as I can, from as many different perspectives as I can I find it hard not the think that this period is very transitional in relation to any transitional periods our race has been through before. In most cases those transitions, the transition from wandering tribes to agriculture, the advance into animal husbandry, the flip from female dominated societies to male dominated societies, all of these from what I can gather took long periods of time. What we are experiencing now is not one or a few but rather a multi pronged transition. And the speed that these big changes are coming at us, while they used to take hundreds and thousands of years to settle in are now coming at us extremely fast. I"ts like we were driving along the road a ten miles and hour for eons and all of a sudden we accelerate to one hundred mph in seconds.

In the past where generations after generation adhered to the previous generations practices with little to no change, we now find our generations pulled apart from one another, one generation to the next so that our elders, rather than being looked to for wisdom, find themselves loosing all recognition of their children and their grandchildren seem to have come from another planet.

This whole ride is a real rip snorter.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well said.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I see it as a birthing experience... maybe you can make it analogous to the part of the hour glass where the sand passes through the womb???

In terms of Jupiter floating around the womb of Virgo right now, Revelation 12:1 is in play, with the climax in the final week of September 2017.

Sun has always been seen as God, and the little god is Jupiter. Even the film 2010 showed Jupiter turning into a second little sun.

we have veered to far off course.

A perfect world of chaos for the antichrist to step in and impose a dictatorship in the name of 'safety and security'. Everyone will love the New World Hitler.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Cool ..we were in the States 20 months ago, mostly lovely people...where are you from?

We drove from Vegas to Grand Canyon for a day trip - came back at night and lets say trying to get off the Freeway in congestion took us 3 trys - to catch the off ramp LOL

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Oh I know, you jumped in this thread topic expecting to debunk Christian mythology and the book of Revelation by John. Well, that sucks for you because this isn't the topic of conversation and now allow me to demonstrate to you the definition of tribulation.

Google

trib·u·la·tion
ˌtribyəˈlāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
a cause of great trouble or suffering.

Now that you have gotten over your knee jerk reaction to a thread title allow me to explain where I am going with this thread.

In todays world it seems as if we are experiencing massive growing pains in the areas of culture economically and politically. The ways of the past are no longer serving us. The left vs right paradigm is the macrocosm of this issue playing itself out in our political world.

On the left you have a massive swing to emotional of heart thinking and on the right you have a massive swing to the cerebral or intellectual thinking. Right now society is trying to balance itself out through the extremes of these ideologies due to the fact that we have veered to far off course.

We are now in a place where our collective unconscious is working hard to bring us back to the place of balance between the heart and mind or the intellectual and emotional.

“The most powerful creative state to bring your desires into reality is by bring the conscious and subconscious into unison then keeping your heart and mind in perfect sync.” ― Steven Redhead

Seems so.

The internet with everyone's written words, anonymous or not, seems as if it is going to be used against the human race to annihilate or control them by showing proof of their pettiness, bickering, immaturity, manipulation, deceit and so on.

Just like most people remember only the bad a person did, forgetting any good they've ever done or refusing to even investigate it if given the chance, It feels like the same hardened heart tactic will be used back. All the awesome things people wrote will not be counted, just the bad. It's a very sad feeling. I hope I am wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

In todays world it seems as if we are experiencing massive growing pains in the areas of culture economically and politically. The ways of the past are no longer serving us.

When has this NOT been the case?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

All that comes to mind is...make lemonade out of lemons.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I like this thread, and agree it is a precarious time. Ideas of the rights and freedoms of the human person are changing rapidly in relation to the state and religion. If we can agree to a rule of law that can be enforced yet does does not compel humans to believe or accept things antithetical to their belief systems, we will progress together.

Thoughtcrime is of great concern, as well as the state supplanting parental rights. We might agree that genital mutilation is unacceptable, but what about circumcision? What about denying medical treatment? What about homeschooling? We're seeing an overreach on the part of the state in many places designed reduce the freedom of the people and put control into the hands of the elite, who appear to be aligned with the corporate wannabe overseers.

Pay attention to the ways they divide us and dilute our power. Pay attention to media partnerships- how hard is it to find the when, where, who, why of many events?

We have so much in common with our neighbors, even the ones who look and act and think differently than us. Most of us are not bothered by this at all, we work together well. Think about all these other people we keep hearing about who are dangerous and filled with hate. Outside of cowardly and anonymous postings, I bet you know of very few in real life.

Our communities and countries were not buying into the BS- they had to import hate and violence using the funds they confiscate from us to keep us safe. Even in this group, you will still find mainly good people, victims of their government and of our governments unwillingness to act.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Oh I know, you jumped in this thread topic expecting to debunk Christian mythology and the book of Revelation by John. Well, that sucks for you because this isn't the topic of conversation and now allow me to demonstrate to you the definition of tribulation. Now that you have gotten over your knee jerk reaction to a thread title allow me to explain where I am going with this thread.

Are you finished jacking us around now? Was that fun? Do you feel superior for having intentionally click-baited your thread title? It's a jerk move. You know what you can do with it.

On the left you have a massive swing to emotional of heart thinking and on the right you have a massive swing to the cerebral or intellectual thinking. Right now society is trying to balance itself out through the extremes of these ideologies due to the fact that we have veered to (sic) far off course. We are now in a place where our collective unconscious is working hard to bring us back to the place of balance between the heart and mind or the intellectual and emotional.

What does that even mean? TOO far off WHAT course? The only thing you're seeing differently right now is the effects of the Internet allowing any idiot to spout any drivel imaginable. ATS is a perfect example of this. From the Mandela Effect to chemtrails to "we didn't land on the moon" and the flat earthers, we are bombarded by the mediocre. I doubt it has anything at all to do with our "collective unconscious" (a psycho-babble term) 'doing' anything at all. It's simply ignorance run amok.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Your explanation reminds me of the Tower of Babel

leolady

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: leolady

Your explanation reminds me of the Tower of Babel

leolady

It does to me too leo. I have thought on that some too. While that civilization is said to have fallen due to God making people speak different languages, and though I do not believe that, it does put a focus on language as a unifying agent. Modern linguistics I think expands on that on a neurological level but I am not versed enough in that to expand it more fully.

It was cute, back in the 1930s amd 40s to hear the slang of their generation. Using words like 'the Ameche'. This was the hip word to use for the early telephones because there was a movie about Alexander Graham Bell who invented the telephone staring Don Ameche.

The Beat generation in the fifties coined their own slang words and the hippie generation took it even further. But now with generation after generation it seems that each one has this drive to generate their own language which by this time leaves people of my age almost totally out of touch with the language of the youth. Even though we know these truths and even though we may try to comprehend things that are being said, it just seems harder and harder.

So, no act of God. Just to much rapid change in to short a time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join