It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I answered. Sorry you don't like the response. The fact that you talk of the rarity of trans shows me just how willing you are to substitute without reason.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Put that into perspective deaf.

Implementing this into every school starting from kindergarten, to bring awareness to a group of 1%..

Yes so important that is must be forced on 5 years olds, in case they misunderstand that 1%..

No agenda, not detrimental and not confusing at all..

Again, for 1%

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: southpaws

No you didn't answer. I asked you to explain why they felt differnt without knowing why.

edit on 7/11/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is the equivalent of Chicken Little paranoia.

Awareness is awareness. It helps keep an open mind to someone who might fall through the cracks.

Frankly, I do not understand the paranoia.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Are you saying that every public school is forcing this on the kids?
Do you think they are forcing the respect for gay people on those kids as well?
I wonder about when people started to accept black people in the 60's. Is that forcing on the kids as well?

*Puts on tinfoil hat* Is it possible that the media is overhyping this, making us think that all public schools are forcing this on children, possibly to confuse them?
I worked in schools for several years. I've never encountered this as you described.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Of course you don't understand, or else we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Don't mistaken paranoia with being vigilant. I'm also trying to bring "awareness".

You have to remember your perspective is different from mine.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

When I say force, it's a pretty broad generalization.

I basically mean that it is UNNECESSARY to bring awareness to kindergarten kids about such a tiny demographic, because it's more detrimental than beneficial.

I don't know how much more simple I can put it.

What's wrong with the old school approach? Let them learn on their own, figure things out on their own? On their own pace?

I would have NO problem if they started to introduce this in high school. Around the same time as sex ed.

But kindergarten kids? Let's be honest for a moment here deaf. I know a part of you wants to acknowledge it. it's OK you know?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

What do you suggest when a public school have transgender children?
And it doesn't matter if they're kindergarten kids. If there are no transgender children with them, then I don't know why they would need to teach them, except possibly to help them be aware of how different people are in the world.
"Daddy, why is that boy dressed as a girl?" "Because that kid and it's parents are sickos and should be avoided at all cost." I know it's extreme but that's the reality we have to deal with uninformed parents.
If it is clear that the teachers and parents are DELIBERATELY trying to confuse children to further their "agenda" then I would stand beside you and fight against that. And we would be asking CPS to be involved. As it stands I have not seen that yet.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

You yourself said they make up less than 1%

I think kids will be fine learning about it when they are a bit more mature and have a better understanding of genders.

What, are people afraid a bunch of 5 year olds are going to start a gang and harass people that are different?

How the hell did we survive till now? Holy crap man.. this shouldn't be so hard to understand.

Nobody is saying don't bring awareness. Nobody is hiding transgender from kids.

Let them learn on their own organically, and gradually at their own pace.. who can disagree with that? What's the dangers of NOT telling a 5 year old? There are none!!! But guess what?? There are PLENTY of dangers if you DO tell them.

Think about it.
edit on 11-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Right. I said that. 1%. That's why I said there might be no reason to teach them about it except possibly to bring awareness.
And yes kindergarten kids do bully others. I've seen that all the time in schools.
Besides they start schools after 6 years old.
Why didn't you answer my question? What is your suggestion if a transgender child is in a class with other children?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

"Daddy, why is that boy dressed as a girl?" "Because that kid and it's parents are sickos and should be avoided at all cost." I know it's extreme but that's the reality we have to deal with uninformed parents

That isn't the reality.

The majority of parents would at most say that little boy maybe likes wearing dresses but that may change someday. That is not a reason to make fun or bully him.

You're putting characteristics on parents ,who have much compassion and love for children ,that may not exist.

I for one would never say that to a child and I doubt the majority of parents would.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Going to see more and more people putting their children in private schools are home schooling them. The majority has to suffer for the sins of the minority.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: birdonwire

Going to see more and more people putting their children in private schools are home schooling them. The majority has to suffer for the sins of the minority.

Go for it. We could do without you people.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That wasn't a generalization. That's why I said it's extreme. It's a fact that some parents are bigots and they teach that to their children.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What exactly (word for word) are they telling kindergarteners about transgender people?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

How do we know it's really dysphoria? That's why I said leave them alone and let them figure it out on their own.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Being transgendered has nothing to do with maturity or sexual intercourse. A 4 or 5 year old child knows well what they want. If your child was sad all the time bc you kept braiding and fixing her hair, pushing dolls a dresses, telling her how pretty she was...then you said she could cut her hair like a boy, wearboys clothes and you saw her smile and be truly happy for the first time in awhile, wouldn't you want to expand on that happiness?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: birdonwire

Good, let the bigots and bullies do the hiding in the closet and keep thier misery away from my children.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You trying to set me up with the word for word? None of us are in the classrooms.

In this case, the context is not really important, it's the act of bringing it up. They could be singing songs about rainbows.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

How do we know it's really dysphoria? That's why I said leave them alone and let them figure it out on their own.

It doesn't matter if it's really dysphoria. The point is explaining about it when they have a transgender child in a class.
Maybe I'll offer a compromise. If there is a transgender child in a kindergarten then parents and teachers can have a PTA meeting and they can teach the parents all about it and the parents will explain to their children on their own, giving them the power, not the teachers.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join