It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus Christ about to appear? Is this the days of the tribulation of the carcass?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: rickymouse

the ancient texts the bible is made from.

What?

The bible was not 'made' from other ancient texts.

It is the very word (breath) of God, 66 books written by 40 men over 1500 years.

peace

Actually, the bible borrows MANY of its ideas about the messiah from older texts and older religions. Do some research.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

CHRIST is coming back and He is THE powerful Messiah.

Hmm. Are you planning to have a word with him about punctuality?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mrperplexed

You do realize there is such thing as evil? Is it too complex to entertain the idea those 'ancient g*ds' are there to confuse you into denying Christ? Falling right in to the game of satan?

Oh no, that couldn't be could it.

peace

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

And isn't it funny the non-believer's all barf out the same rhetoric without even bothering (for the most part) to truly look into the gift they're rejecting?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Probably wouldn't be the smartest time for Jesus to come back.

He'd be labeled a long-haired Communist SJW libtard who only cares about his "feelings"...

Then again, it would be kind of funny watching people tell Jesus to get a job..

Feel better after venting your personal frustrations?

Something tells me Jesus wouldn't reincarnate to be a hippy slacker. Most disappoint Messiah ever if so. I'll start checking Nor Cal for his return though!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

That's why they call it faith.

Religion is a work in progress. God is as much a creation in a sense as man.

God is the Evolutionary intelligence.

God for us then is evolving

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The problem with these ancient scriptures is that they are highly allegorical.

If you take them literally, you’ll be led astray

For example, heaven does not necessarily mean up in the sky but could mean some kind of thought.

So Jesus being seen in heaven can mean being seen in some capacity of thinking

Jesus therefore can be right here on ATS and we'd never recognize him

Of course only those with some

LIGHT can see him, or Her

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

For example, heaven does not necessarily mean up in the sky but could mean some kind of thought.

The Bible read in the Greek and Hebrew is highly specific about every 'joy and tittle' written.

There are no gray areas when you study deep enough.

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; but the honor of kings to search it out. Proverbs 25:2

Not a book you can just skim over and make quick judgements unless you really don't care to find the truth.

peace
edit on 5017Sunday201713 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

All scriptures have a great degree of allegory, whether you like it or not.

Its just reality.

That’s the way God has done it,

Not all the versus are allegory, of course, such as the basic laws of the 10 commandments.

However, the Book of Revelation, for instance is filled with allegory and many other versus.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
the only end will come when Humans make it come .
You believe well even it says KINGDOMS must fight .
Simple solution DONT FIGHT.
Really think about how stupid this is we fight killing each other then expect some god to save us ?
We dont need the gods they needs us so if they save us it will because if they dont they will be alone .

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I'm not saying there isn't alagory.

I'm saying it's all backed up with fact, prophecy, etc when studying in the the original text, even in English for that matter.

Thanks

peace

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Jesus believed he would return in the lifetime of the people he was preaching to.

"I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."
(Matthew 16:28)

Must have got held up.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If he does, it's about time. There's nothing worse than
an absentee landlord still demanding payment - borders
on severe irresponsibility.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Funny all these people talking about the Bible and how others havent read it .
There is a verse in revelations ( though I have given these prophies they do Not have to come to pass )
Basically saying its up to us what happens not any doom sayer .
There can be NO Armageddon WITHOUT humans pulling the triggers .
Kingdom will rise against Kingdom and so on .
So what would your god do for fun if humans just put down the weapons of war took Jesus Advice and turned them into plows ?
What then ? who would be left taht even needed saving ?
I say lets not wate on a ficial god to save us Lets save our selfs .
Really all we have to do is love our enemies .
Why do so many want to world to end so badly ? ) well i can answer that NO HOPE .

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

when studying in the original text

Now that's funny, right there.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Jesus believed he would return in the lifetime of the people he was preaching to.

Yes, and he knew he would but that's not what he's refering to in this scripture.

"I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."
(Matthew 16:28)

Must have got held up.

This scripture has been debated for centuries along with the parallel scriptures in Luke 9:27 and Mark 9:1.

Many believe it to mean after Christ is resurrected his people receive the Holy Spirit - (Pentecost) - His kingdom on earth (as in heaven).

Some just say this scripture simply is the introduction to the next chapter. Christ’s ‘transfiguration’ which took place 6 days later when Jesus took Peter, James, and John to the top of the mountain, where He met with Moses and Elijah.
Three of the disciples where there (not all would see) but those did see. To support this you must know the meaning of Kingdom in Greek means : Royal Splendor.

Still others side with the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem.

There’s 8 main opinions of this translations - which you can find through study - yet not one attributed His words to refer to the second coming.

But don’t worry, He’ll be here soon to work it all out.

peace

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Monsieur Neary
Glad you found it ammusing.

I meant to add 'Hebrew' to the end of the sentence, but of course you knew that.

peace

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Monsieur Neary
Glad you found it ammusing.

I meant to add 'Hebrew' to the end of the sentence, but of course you knew that.

peace

Adding "Hebrew" doesn't make the phrase "original text" any less laughable.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I don't see your explanation working...

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

this is not about Dan 8, the he-goat or ram... that symbology is explained by the Angel as between Persia & Greece (as the playbook for an 'echo' event that will unfold somewhat like the first time when Greece defeated Persia...but at the end-of-the-Age)

the important points are the symbolism ---> Do 'Eagles' gather over the carcass of a dead victim ?? NO-> Vultures Do that !!

The term 'Eagles' in this case means Allied Armies... the 'Eagles' gathering means that the Allies of the defeated Empire will pick clean the resources/wealth/valuables of that Leadership Empire (probably the 'Eagles' are the USA branches of the Military which were allied with Saudi-Arabia who was defeated by the Turks & their Allies around the ME and Eur-Asia)

the sequential 'tribulation' ...according to that Matthew chapter... will be the result from the Turk-Persia Empire uniting against the Saudi-USA-ISIS Regional Hegemon of oil/finance/nuclear arsenal and defeating the universally accepted Global Policeman+Keeper of the Islamic Holy-Places, which the USA & SA still are

After that battle, the Great Tribulation begins... which the Matthew chapter outlines in sequential order

edit on th30149782473918252017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Do 'Eagles' gather over the carcass of a dead victim ??

Eagles do eat carrion, if there's nothing else handy and they are feeling peckish (NPI). Not sure what kind of eagles Jesus might have been most familiar with, but scavenging falls under the category "general eagle behaviour" so it's sort of moot really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join