It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP candidate Greg Gianforte has financial ties to US-sanctioned Russian companies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well we all knew this was going to erupt into a fury of coincidences and speculation beyond belief !

It seems it's confirmed that the Congressional Candidate from Montana, Greg Gianforte, who won his election Thursday even after getting into a fight with a reporter, apparently owns some mutual funds that invest in ............ wait for it...

Russian Companies !

It's true.

GOP candidate Greg Gianforte has financial ties to US-sanctioned Russian companies

A Republican congressional candidate has financial ties to a number of Russian companies that have been sanctioned by the US, the Guardian has learned.

Greg Gianforte, who is the GOP standard bearer in the upcoming special election in Montana, owns just under $250,000 in shares in two index funds that are invested in the Russian economy to match its overall performance.
Russia 'targeted Trump adviser in bid to infiltrate campaign'
Read more

According to a financial disclosure filed with the clerk of the House of Representatives, the Montana tech mogul owns almost $150,000 worth of shares in VanEck Vectors Russia ETF and $92,400 in the IShares MSCF Russia ETF fund. Both are indexed to the Russian equities market and have significant holdings in companies such as Gazprom and Rosneft that came under US sanctions in the aftermath of the Russian invasion of the Crimea.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well if he has investments in Russian companies then I suspect he is taking a financial hit because of the sanctions . I keep hearing that Gold is a good investment but what happens if its Russian Gold ...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Even Anderson Cooper be like, "Puhleeze don't make me say 'Russia' again!"

edit on 26-5-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Unnamed, anonymous government sources say he called Comey a "Girly Man'.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well don't that beat all....
A businessman that owns stock???

That's just crazy talk.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Unnamed, anonymous government sources say he called Comey a "Girly Man'.

Uh, that was an unnamed, anonymous OFFICIAL.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Isn't this what the Guardian reporter was asking him about when the assault happened?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Isn't this what the Guardian reporter was asking him about when the assault happened?

I thought the Guardian reporter asked him about the AHCA?
Then he assaulted Gianforte.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You can't own stocks in companies sanctioned by the US government.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The people of Montana should be proud.

Their Congressman bases his believes on retirement and Social Security off the bible and a 600 year old Noah building an ark.

link   

Then those index funds managers must be in trouble.
He isn't the fund manager, is he?

link   

Anybody who wants to excel in the world of international business and investment had better have some RUSSIA connections. Screw what "The Swamp" in D.C. says about them.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Their Congressman bases his believes on retirement and Social Security off the bible and a 600 year old Noah building an ark.

I guess they liked him better than a fake cowboy with herpes that sings country music gigs at nudist camps. Whatever floats their boat, I guess.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Oh right, except the assault happened the other way...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Let's see, We own stock in AT&T and I think they are in Russia too. I am under the influence of Russia. We also have money in an IRA at the credit union which is insured by a company that insures all credit unions and that insurance company has investments around the globe including Russia I think. Darn, I guess the Russians have me over a barrel..

That guys investments are not a problem, he does not make decisions for the investment company other than buying stocks.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Oh right, except the assault happened the other way...

Let's watch the video.
Then we will have to rely on eyewitness testimony after that fails to pan out.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Let's see, We own stock in AT&T and I think they are in Russia too. I am under the influence of Russia. We also have money in an IRA at the credit union which is insured by a company that insures all credit unions and that insurance company has investments around the globe including Russia I think. Darn, I guess the Russians have me over a barrel..

That guys investments are not a problem, he does not make decisions for the investment company other than buying stocks.

The Russians forced you to post this... didn't they?

link   

Then why are mutual funds still "owning" the SDRs ?

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: roadgravel

I guess they liked him better than a fake cowboy with herpes that sings country music gigs at nudist camps. Whatever floats their boat, I guess.

Can we agree both choices were not good.

A genuine question, which party had the seat prior to this vote?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Guess I offended you religious beliefs. Sorry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join