It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP candidate Greg Gianforte has financial ties to US-sanctioned Russian companies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: butcherguy

Guess I offended you religious beliefs. Sorry.

No, I'm just fine. No apology is called for in any way.
I was just telling the story the way that it is. Were politicians wrong to push the herpes angle? Maybe, but something worked for G.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

It's not about the qualification and the work being done properly, it about picking a side based on emotions. Any wonder Congress isn't anything to write home about any more.

Hard to believe it's come to this but human nature is very powerful, I suppose.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: butcherguy

The people of Montana should be proud.

Their Congressman bases his believes on retirement and Social Security off the bible and a 600 year old Noah building an ark.

I guess they liked him better than a fake cowboy with herpes that sings country music gigs at nudist camps. Whatever floats their boat, I guess.

Can we agree both choices were not good.

A genuine question, which party had the seat prior to this vote?

Republican Ryan Zinke.... he had been appointed as US Secretary of Interior, thus the need for the special election.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It's not about the qualification and the work being done properly, it about picking a side based on emotions. Any wonder Congress isn't anything to write home about any more.

Hard to believe it's come to this but human nature is very powerful, I suppose.

You are right, but it is nothing new.
Grover Cleveland was the target of a smear campaign in 1884 related to his admitted payments of child support for a child born out of wedlock.
It won't go away either.
We just have to try to see through it and vote for the 'least stinky' candidate.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A few words about russian companies here in the U.S.
One of which I recently had an experience with. A trucking company
out of Michigan I just quit for their blatant disregard for my unblemished
driving record. As well as their complete lack of respect for safety and
the laws of the DOT. They had me switch loads with another driver in
New Mexico and return with his split load of sh1t piled on a flatbed.
We'll see if they even pay me today. I ripped the owner a new one and
told him I was John Wick. LOL

edit on Ram52617v46201700000029 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It makes a major and not so good statement about the average American. I wouldn't care if it didn't impact my life.
edit on 5/26/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The fun part of that campaign might have been both parties shooting computers. One was a big government computer holding 'your' firearm information and the other was his opponent.

I imagine ISIS will steer clear of Montana.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A complete nothing burger from the Guardian. Fodder for denialism of the actual issues.

a reply to: Kali74

No, he ws asking about healthcare.

Then he assaulted Gianforte.

Well that's what Gianforte lied and said but the audio contradicted his lie and so did the witnesses. And for that matter, so did Gianforte in his own post election apology.

Fox News - Greg Gianforte: Fox News team witnesses GOP House candidate 'body slam' reporter

As part of our preparation for a story about Thursday's special election to air on "Special Report with Bret Baier," we arranged interviews with the top two candidates, Republican Greg Gianforte and Democrat Rob Quist. On Wednesday, I joined field producer Faith Mangan and photographer Keith Railey in Bozeman for our scheduled interview with Gianforte, which was to take place at the Gianforte for Congress Bozeman Headquarters.

Faith, Keith and I arrived early to set up for the interview in a room adjacent to another room where a volunteer BBQ was to take place. As the time for the interview neared, Gianforte came into the room. We exchanged pleasantries and made small talk about restaurants and Bozeman.

During that conversation, another man — who we now know is Ben Jacobs of The Guardian — walked into the room with a voice recorder, put it up to Gianforte's face and began asking if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act. Gianforte told him he would get to him later. Jacobs persisted with his question. Gianforte told him to talk to his press guy, Shane Scanlon.

At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, "I'm sick and tired of this!"

That's the account from the three members of the Fox News crew. Who cares about what the index fund invests in as long as they're not breaking any laws? I'm assuming they're not otherwise some federal authority, the SEC maybe (not sure here), would be crawling up their asses.

Gianforte is a dishonest bully who can't control himself and is clearly unfit to hold office. Why waste time trying to defend him?
edit on 2017-5-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hmm. No surprise here.
He'll fit right in with all the really upstanding, patriotic folks working for team Cheeto.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You can't own stocks in companies sanctioned by the US government.

Sure you can.

Depends on when he would have bought his mutual funds.

Which a person has no control over what the fund invests in.

Someone else manages and makes those decisions.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Greg Gianforte, who is the GOP standard bearer in the upcoming special election in Montana, owns just under $250,000 in shares intwo index funds that are invested in the Russian economy to match its overall performance.

Theres no 'gotcha'.

An index fund is a type of mutual fund with a portfolio constructed to match or track the components of a market index, such as the Standard & Poor's 500 Index (S&P 500). An index mutual fund is said to provide broad market exposure, low operating expenses and low portfolio turnover. These funds adhere to specific rules or standards (e.g. efficient tax management or reducing tracking errors) that stay in place no matter the state of the market.

Journalistic hacktavism.

Broad market exposure.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

a reply to: Kali74

No, he ws asking about healthcare.

Here I thought they asked him about any clandestine meetings with Russians during his campaign !!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: rickymouse
Let's see, We own stock in AT&T and I think they are in Russia too. I am under the influence of Russia. We also have money in an IRA at the credit union which is insured by a company that insures all credit unions and that insurance company has investments around the globe including Russia I think. Darn, I guess the Russians have me over a barrel..

That guys investments are not a problem, he does not make decisions for the investment company other than buying stocks.

The Russians forced you to post this... didn't they?

I can't get anything past you

top topics

<< 1   >>

join